Is there a November Check-In Thread?

Surprising the kids with a trip to DL Nov 18 -21st! There is a world of color Christmas show??? Tell me more about this...I wasn't planning on seeing it but if there is a Christmas one....:cheer2:

Surprising the kids with a trip to DL Nov 18 -21st! There is a world of color Christmas show??? Tell me more about this...I wasn't planning on seeing it but if there is a Christmas one....:cheer2:

Winter Dreams is brand new this year, so we don't have any information about it based on personal experience. In this post - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46975144&postcount=4 -- look under World of Color-Winter Dreams and you will find all of the recent articles/Blogs about it.

Currently packing like a mad thing- DH and I leave for DLR tomorrow! :banana:

Very OT, but don't know where else to ask: Is there anywhere on DLR property I could get/make change? Get singles for housekeeping? It just occurred to me I'll need singles and it's a sunday so our bank is closed. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 8:30am so can't do a mad dash to the bank pre-flight.

Also OT: Eagle Creek packing cubes have been a lifesaver. So much easier!

We will be there from the 23rd through the 28th! Going with my DH and three kids. We have reservations for Goofy's Kitchen on Thanksgiving, but not sure if we're going to keep it because it'll be real pricey for 5 people. We are driving home on Thanksgiving, though, AND our APs are blocked out, so if we want a Disney experience we have to eat our Thanksgiving meal at one of the hotels. If anyone has any more budget friendly ideas for a Thanksgiving meal at either DTD or the hotels around noon, I'd love to hear it!

We will be there for Thanksgiving too. Staying in the villas on rented points Monday through Friday. WooHoo! I am also trying to decide where to go to eat dinner on Thursday. We may just leave the parks and find something nice close by. I will be checking back if anyone has any suggestions! :cool1:

We got home yesterday from our trip. Had an awesome time. Weather was amazing the first couple of days then cooled down a bit but still super nice shorts weather. First two days the park was so quiet, we walked on to most rides and even got to stay on splash mountain for a second run without unloading, it was that awesome! Friday was definately busier, sat and Sunday we stayed away from the parks and mon, tues was better again. Annoying that they were filming the view there and closed down fantasy land and had all their crap set up in front of the castle......the View blocked my view!! Im not a believer that people with millions and millions of dollars should be able to take priority over those of us that have to save and scrounge to make family holidays happen....but still we had an awesome time :)
Desert Inn was great. Pool and hot tub could be hotter but the hotel served our needs perfectly and was clean, staff was great.
All you just heading out, have a great time!

I was suppose to be off from work today but I had to come into the office to take care of a few things. I plan on heading to DL and DCA later this morning. I sure to enjoy being a local and having an AP.

Okay I went to the DLR and DCA around 9AM and the morning was going great until the rain came, which of course was not forecasted. I don't mind the rain and it wasn't coming down hard, however I didn't have a raincoat or umbrella so I decided to call it a day. Nevertheless I did ride, Jingle Cruise, Small World Christmas, Haunted Mansion (Nightmare Before Christmas) and Star Tours. That's the benefit of having an AP.

We just got back from our trip and I'm a little disappointed. My phone was stolen (and although there is no way to 100% prove it, I think it was by a cast member), they didn't celebrate our birthday at Goofy's Kitchen (even though they asked ahead of time and we were told they would bring a cupcake and sing a song), the wifi didn't work in our room at the DLH and the solution was to come down to the lobby in the main tower, our waiter at Carthay Circle was super grumpy and because we were using a premium character dining voucher towards the bill he said he had to add gratuity (No big deal, as we were going to tip, but I don't remember seeing that in the terms on the back of the voucher.. maybe I missed something).

The experience in the parks was great (oh wait.. other than The View blocking the castle) and the english toffee is AMAZING. I'll stop my rant now.

We just got back from our trip and I'm a little disappointed. My phone was stolen (and although there is no way to 100% prove it, I think it was by a cast member), they didn't celebrate our birthday at Goofy's Kitchen (even though they asked ahead of time and we were told they would bring a cupcake and sing a song), the wifi didn't work in our room at the DLH and the solution was to come down to the lobby in the main tower, our waiter at Carthay Circle was super grumpy and because we were using a premium character dining voucher towards the bill he said he had to add gratuity (No big deal, as we were going to tip, but I don't remember seeing that in the terms on the back of the voucher.. maybe I missed something). The experience in the parks was great (oh wait.. other than The View blocking the castle) and the english toffee is AMAZING. I'll stop my rant now.

May I ask what happened that makes you think it was a CM? Hotel CM or park one? Not happy to hear about the spotty wifi at the DLH.

May I ask what happened that makes you think it was a CM? Hotel CM or park one? Not happy to hear about the spotty wifi at the DLH.

Now I do take responsibility for the phone going missing. We dined at Goofy's Kitchen and when we packed up to head up to the room I must have left the phone on the table. When I realized, within 5 minutes, I ran back to the restaurant and there was no sign of the phone.

My main reasons for thinking it was a CM are:

• From approx 9:30am until 12:30pm, the "Find my iPhone" app showed that the phone did not move. Then at 12:34pm the phone was tracked to a parking lot behind the hotel (I later found it to be CM parking). So for 3 hours, my phone didn't move from its location inside the DLH, then somehow moved to the CM parking lot, then to a residence, then to a shopping center a few blocks away, then it was turned off.

• When I filed a police report (mostly for insurance purposes) the Anaheim PD said it sounds like a CM may have taken it.

This doesn't make it 100%, but I do have my suspicions.

That's really sad :( Even with the things that went wrong, I hope you were able to have a good trip.

Thanks. Honestly, it was a big bummer and put a damper on the trip. I just keep telling myself "It's just a phone." and I'm hoping if I say it enough I'll actually believe it.. hahaha. It was my iPhone. My baby. My everything. (I'm Apple obsessed in case you can't tell!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter