Is there a hot pot restaurant inside Disney Springs?

Okay, then how do the many you referred to understand "hot pot restaurant"?

As I said previously, the thing people in the Central US typically understand as a hot pot restaurant is a fondue one like The Melting Pot. Some Asian restaurants in large cities in this part of the country may offer shabu-shabu or Mongolian hot pots, but there simply aren't entire restaurants that are hot pot. Probably due to not as many concentrations of Asians in the middle of the U.S. to support an entire restaurant.

All you said is "It's a type of restaurant" and what it's not. What the ever-lovin' hey IS it?

Do you mean shabu-shabu, something like that? Because that's one type of Asian hot pot cooking.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what clarification is needed - hot pot restaurants literally have their own category on Yelp, Trip Adviser, and other food websites. It's a type of restaurant, and it's not fondue or a stew served at some Japanese restaurants. OP asked about a hot pot restaurant at DS and many of us knew exactly what restaurant they were referring to, just as if they asked for a BBQ restaurant or sushi restaurant.

I'm surprised so many haven't heard of them, but perhaps they live in smaller cities :confused3
I agree - hot pot is not the same thing as fondue places like the Melting Pot. I live in an area with A LOT of hot pot restaurants but I know that is not the norm.

It would be cool if Disney Springs had one but I personally wouldn't go there as I know it would be way more expensive and most likely not as good as places I go to at home.

As I said previously, the thing people in the Central US typically understand as a hot pot restaurant is a fondue one like The Melting Pot. Some Asian restaurants in large cities in this part of the country may offer shabu-shabu or Mongolian hot pots, but there simply aren't entire restaurants that are hot pot. Probably due to not as many concentrations of Asians in the middle of the U.S. to support an entire restaurant.

All you said is "It's a type of restaurant" and what it's not. What the ever-lovin' hey IS it?

Do you mean shabu-shabu, something like that? Because that's one type of Asian hot pot cooking.

This is where Google is your friend.

Hotpot is Chinese. Shabu Shabu is a Japanese version of hotpot, but it's different in that you dip the individual pieces of food into the hot broth one bite at a time. So, Shabu Shabu is more similar to Fondue.

Hotpot is where they bring you the broth and set it to boil and they bring you the raw ingredients of your choosing and you put it ALL in together and let it cook, like a soup, then ladle it out into bowls.

You wouldn't call Shabu Shabu "hotpot." It is it's own thing. It's kind of like how there is Japanese Teppanyaki and Korean BBQ, where you grill meats and veggies at both places, but its not the same thing.

If someone asks for a Hotpot restaurant, they mean a Chinese Hotpot.

It is literally advertised as a hot pot restaurant. Not a fondue place that may also have some kind of broth dish. It’s a Chinese hot pot. Shabu shabu and sukiyaki are Japanese. Not all “Asian” broth based dishes are the same and each very distinct. Btw, Asia is huge and contains more than just China and Japan. There’s India, N and S Korea, Vietnam (where one of children is currently vacationing) Israel, Iran, Mongolia, Iraq, etc. You’re thinking more East Asia, but even then there’s so much variation of culture and cuisine.

Probably due to not as many concentrations of Asians in the middle of the U.S. to support an entire restaurant.
I can’t say that I’ve seen only Chinese people eating at a hot pot. That’s kind of like saying you need a large concentration of Italians to support a pizza place. I do think that some areas of the country are not as easily exposed to other cultures or foods. I’m sure that just like teppanyaki or Korean bbq, or a Brazilian steak house, it will become more widespread in time.

I agree - hot pot is not the same thing as fondue places like the Melting Pot. I live in an area with A LOT of hot pot restaurants but I know that is not the norm.
We’re between nyc and philly so I guess we have more choices? I thought hot pot was pretty well known, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Fondue reminds me of being a kid in the 70’s when my family had a fondue set. We never did anything but cheese and sometimes chocolate.

Oh for petesake, the OP means a HOT POT restaurant like U & Me Hot Pot (which is , again, around the corner from Disney Springs). The name of the restaurant literally has HOT POT in it. There are burners built into the table and you order which type of broth you want. The server brings it to you and puts it in a metal pot on the burner which is brought to a boil. At U&Me there is a conveyor belt of raw items that circulates past every table and you take what you want off the conveyor to add to your broth. There is also a meat bar and a sauce bar you go to to choose your proteins and extra dipping and flavoring sauces.

End of story.

That’s a great explanation. We were typing at the same time and I couldn’t think of a good example!

LOL. My city is like half Asian by population (ALL the Asians). We have ALL the types of restaurants here. It's kind of overwhelming. We don't even have many typical American chain restaurants anymore. They have slowly closed and been replaced by various ethnic cuisines, but mostly Korean BBQ, Shabu Shabu, and Hotpot places. They are super popular here. We call our city "little Asia," because it really is.

LOL. My city is like half Asian by population (ALL the Asians). We have ALL the types of restaurants here. It's kind of overwhelming. We don't even have many typical American chain restaurants anymore. They have slowly closed and been replaced by various ethnic cuisines, but mostly Korean BBQ, Shabu Shabu, and Hotpot places. They are super popular here. We call our city "little Asia," because it really is.
You're lucky to have such a variety so close. My city is not that large, but we are not far from NYC or Philadelphia and can go into Chinatown in either city (mostly Philadelphia, since its a bit closer and NYC is a pain to get around in) if we have a craving for dim sum. We do have a very large Dominican and Puerto Rican population, so we have a good amount of those types of restaurants for some variety. For authentic Thai, Korean, Indian, Japanese, Greek, etc. we have to travel about 20 to 40 minutes.

In Seattle, if you say 'hot pot" restaurant, it means an asian-style of, generally, communal cooking (the party at your table) of cooking, as mentioned above, raw veggies and thin cuts of meat.

We also have Melting Pot restaurants, which are fondue, and are definitely not what a hotpot restaurant is.

I think DS should have both types of "pots" 😁
Agreed 100% I’m actually kind of shocked fondue is not a thing on any Disney property afaik

My area is similar. There is a large Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese population so I have plenty of choice of Korean BBQ, hot pot and pho restaurants. There are American places too but when I go out I mainly go to Korean BBQ and hot pot places since you get way better food for a similar price or cheaper.

You're lucky to have such a variety so close. My city is not that large, but we are not far from NYC or Philadelphia and can go into Chinatown in either city (mostly Philadelphia, since its a bit closer and NYC is a pain to get around in) if we have a craving for dim sum. We do have a very large Dominican and Puerto Rican population, so we have a good amount of those types of restaurants for some variety. For authentic Thai, Korean, Indian, Japanese, Greek, etc. we have to travel about 20 to 40 minutes.

We could use more Puerto Rican places. That is not even a thing here. I'm Puerto Rican, so I have to settle for my own cooking or Portos Bakery in Buena Park for some Cuban food, which is close, but not the same.

I'm not. Fondue is a fad that comes and goes. And it's a meal that takes a long time. Disney is all about turnover.
While this is true, there are various chocolate and dessert shops that have fondue and I’m always shocked springs or one of the hotels hasn’t gone in on that

I'm not sure what clarification is needed - hot pot restaurants literally have their own category on Yelp, Trip Adviser, and other food websites. It's a type of restaurant, and it's not fondue or a stew served at some Japanese restaurants. OP asked about a hot pot restaurant at DS and many of us knew exactly what restaurant they were referring to, just as if they asked for a BBQ restaurant or sushi restaurant.

I'm surprised so many haven't heard of them, but perhaps they live in smaller cities :confused3
I was thinking the same thing....I don't live in a big city, but here in the NE we have plenty of hotpot places

I live in NYC, but I never heard of this. Of course if I am making soup, I make it at home. Not paying restaurant prices to make my own soup.

To me broth + meats and/or veggies = soup.

No hotpot restaurant, no Korean or Japanese BBQ, no real milk tea/boba shop. But hey, there are lots of Italian restaurants. LOL Disney really needs to get with the times and get some of these restaurants in there. Count me in as another person surprised that some don't know what a hot pot restaurant is. Do you all not watch Mikey Chen on YouTube? LOL

It's not soup. It is a cooking method. Look it up on YouTube. There are lots of videos of people eating at them.
Broth with meat and veggies. Call it what you want, it's a soup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!