Is there a charge for hot water?

archdandy

DIS Veteran
I'll be going to WDW in October and I absolutely hate their tea so I usually bring my own and make myself a tea in the mornings in my refillable mug. But when I'm in the parks I have no choice but to use the tea offered at counter service locations :sick: I was wondering if there is a charge just for a cup and some hot water? I was hoping to be able to bring my own tea bags in to the parks and just get hot water.

nope no charge! I asked for one at various places in MK and DHS...brought my own Starbucks Via to avoid the awful coffee in those parks :goodvibes

nope no charge! I asked for one at various places in MK and DHS...brought my own Starbucks Via to avoid the awful coffee in those parks :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the replies guys. Did you bring your own cup or did they just give you one? It wouldn't be a problem for me to bring my own but it would be the resort refillable mug and I wasn't sure if they would do that.

Some places will not take your cup and simply give you a paper cup as they can't take your cup for some reason. I've been charge $0.10 for hot water to cover the price of the cup. It happenned a few times over the the years.

Some places will not take your cup and simply give you a paper cup as they can't take your cup for some reason. I've been charge $0.10 for hot water to cover the price of the cup. It happenned a few times over the the years.

I think it's related to sanitary reasons and codes. Same reason you aren't allowed to bring another restaurant's food into a different restaurant, or why restaurants won't microwave something that's not cooked by them.

As for the cost, I frequently ask for cold water and they give me a big cup of it at no charge. I haven't experienced a charge yet, but 10 cents is minimal anyway.

This is good to know. I'm glad you asked this op. I've always brought my own but never thought to ask for just the hot water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter