Is there a chance to get a ressie while on property?

Infamousmare

I didn't make it all the way through 3rd grade for
I've been trying daily to get ressies for Le Cellier and Cinderella's Castle for lunch or dinner for our trip next month. No luck. My fault for planning the trip only 2 months out. ;)

I know that walking up is risky and will likely end up not working, as these are two really popular places. However, once we're at the park, does it make a difference in calling the reservation line to make a reservation? Does WDW hold a certain % of tables for people who call to place ressies while at the park? I only ask because I remember calling to make a last-minute ressie (the day before) at The Wave while we were there last year and when calling, they ask if you are on-property. Just wondered if if made a difference... I'm crossing my fingers! :o)

I read somewhere earlier this week that disney does not hold tables for walk-ups. That being said when you get to disney- Keep trying. Last Dec. my brother and SIL got a LeCellier by just stopping by and asking- (right place, right time) for later that evening...
In addition, sometimes just playing around at night I'll just go to the online ressie "just to see" what's available the next day. I often see some of the more popular resturants with available seats. With the new CC hold, there may be some guests that get a late ressie (after 10/26), they'll be more willing to cancel within the required time frame to avoid the charge. Also CRT has a cancel policy that charges if you are a no show, so check each day, either by walking in, calling in or checking the website if you carry a smart phone.
If you try, you may- If you don't, you definately won't. Good Luck! :goodvibes.

I read somewhere earlier this week that disney does not hold tables for walk-ups.

Yeah, that's what I thought. However, I didn't know if there was a difference if you're in the park and calling for a ressie for the next day. Of course, now that I just typed that out, it sounds stupid - there's no difference b/t holding a table for a walk-up or a call-ahead-next-day ressie. Duh! :rotfl:

In addition, sometimes just playing around at night I'll just go to the online ressie "just to see" what's available the next day. I often see some of the more popular resturants with available seats. With the new CC hold, there may be some guests that get a late ressie (after 10/26), they'll be more willing to cancel within the required time frame to avoid the charge. Also CRT has a cancel policy that charges if you are a no show, so check each day, either by walking in, calling in or checking the website if you carry a smart phone.

I wonder, too, if the new CC policy will help alleviate some of the issues with last-minute cancellations. :)

You could also stop at Guest relations when you hit the park. Or try the concierge desk whenever you are at the resort. We got a walk up at Yak and Yeti in September. We were way too hot and they have a big "air conditioned" sign out front. We were seated right away even though I could not get a reservation the week before. I must say that the place did fill up pretty quick so I think we were just really lucky.

I have a friend that canceled her CRT the night before--sick baby---so someone got her reservation.

If you have a smartphone, it's really easy to check frequently via the Disney mobile website or the Verizon app, too. :)

In April, THE WEEK BEFORE EASTER, I got a Le Cellier 5:30 dinner reservation from my iPhone (using the Disney dining site) from the other side of World Showcase around 1 or 2 PM in the afternoon! I think it was even a Friday night!

So it is possible.

Go to Le Cellier at opening (lunch) and you'll likely get seated. We've done it more than once, even during popular times.

Keep trying. I was able to get my reso for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall two nights ago for Nov 7th. I was determined and keep checking the website every 15 mins. After an hour or so...guess what??? Reso for 4 was available. It was like hitting the jackpot!!

I've been trying daily to get ressies for Le Cellier and Cinderella's Castle for lunch or dinner for our trip next month. No luck. My fault for planning the trip only 2 months out. ;)

I know that walking up is risky and will likely end up not working, as these are two really popular places. However, once we're at the park, does it make a difference in calling the reservation line to make a reservation? Does WDW hold a certain % of tables for people who call to place ressies while at the park? I only ask because I remember calling to make a last-minute ressie (the day before) at The Wave while we were there last year and when calling, they ask if you are on-property. Just wondered if if made a difference... I'm crossing my fingers! :o)

For our visit in 2009 I had been trying to get reservations for the Fireworks Dessert Party without success for a couple of months. When we checked in I went to the ticket desk and asked them to check and we were able to get reservations for the night we wanted. Just Lucky?

I go to WDW several times a year. I make all my ADRs at 180 days out like a good DISer. However, I'm the queen of changing my mind once I get down there.:rotfl::rotfl: Ever single trip I either call while I'm down there or else just stop by as a walk up. I've never tried CRT, but have gotten into Le Cellier several times, by making sure that I'm there at the podium before they open for lunch. I've also walked up at Konas, Artist Point, Yak & Yeti, 50's Prime Time, Brown Derby, Sci Fi, Rose & Crown, Tony's, GF Cafe, Jikos, Bomas, Maya Grill, Turf Club, Wolfgang Pucks, House of Blues, and probably a few other restaurants.:rotfl: I've also been turned down several times though.:rotfl:

One trick: I once tried to walk up at Sci Fi and was told they weren't taking walk ups. I stepped back outside, called the Dining number, told them I was at DS and asked what was available. She told me that if I could get to Sci Fi within the next ten minutes, she could give me an ADR. I stepped right back into Sci Fi and told them I had an ADR. The same guy that told me they weren't taking walk ups, gave me a strange look, and said 'we just told you we weren't taking walk ups'. I laughed and said "I'm not a walk up now. I have a reservation now and started to give him my confirmation number". He looked at his screen, laughed, and said, "How did you manage that?".:rotfl:

Hi,

In January 2011, I got a lunchtime reservation at Le Cellier for the next day.
In October 2011, I got a dinner reservation at Boma for the next evening ( both were done by phoning dining reservations)

Regards

TBS

My husband loves the Garden Grill in Epcot. I have tried for the last three trips to get a table reservation two months out, and its always booked. However, each time we walk up and are seated within 15 minutes. For the hour or so that we are there, we always see at least a few empty tables or booths.

I have always wanted to go to the Crystal Palace in MK, and its always full with no luck on walkups. Has anyone got a tip for getting in there? We go back in mid December, and we would be willing to attend any meal there.

I agree with the others......keep trying every day as something might pop up :). I would also try when you're there if you don't have any luck beforehand. People are always cancelling right up until the last minute so you never know when something will become available ;). I just booked a trip last week for the last week of March (spring break) under the free dining promo and I got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. Also, just yesterday, I decided to try for breakfast at CRT and I got it on the day and time I wanted. So I'm sure there's a good chance for you to get what you want.....just keep trying and don't give up hope :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter