Is the Tune In Lounge usually full?

patty57

DIS Veteran
I'm taking a quick solo trip in early December, and not wanting to make any ADRs. I will be spending some time at Hollywood Studios, and was wondering about eating at the Tune In Lounge. I've never noticed how crowded it is at the bar. Does anyone know if seats tend to be available?
Thanks for any input. :drinking1

Last edited:
Luck of the draw and timing but often very crowded with people stalking to jump on an open bar stool (there aren’t that many). Probably easier as a solo but far from any guarantee. Maybe plan on hitting it when they open? The Brown Derby Lounge is another option - also popular but only takes walkups. Baseline Taphouse has some snacks as well.

Thanks. I do like the outdoor lounge at the Brown Derby, so that is another good option.

My experience is the same as 2xcited; luck of the draw. I couldn't say for sure that seats are likely to be available during a given time frame. I've walked by (solo) and the bar full but then walked by an hour or so later and got a seat.

In my experience it is more often full than not. People seem to move through it pretty quickly though, so it does not usually take much of a wait to snag a spot.

I've hung out there over many a beer and it's completely hit or miss.

I will say that being a reasonably attractive and engaging solo female traveler helps get you a seat faster, though! :)

I've hung out there over many a beer and it's completely hit or miss.

I will say that being a reasonably attractive and engaging solo female traveler helps get you a seat faster, though! :)

Ha ha...that might have helped me a few years back, but I'm 61. Maybe if my fellow bar patrons are in their 80s, I will look like a cute young thing.

Luck of the draw and timing but often very crowded with people stalking to jump on an open bar stool (there aren’t that many). Probably easier as a solo but far from any guarantee. Maybe plan on hitting it when they open? The Brown Derby Lounge is another option - also popular but only takes walkups. Baseline Taphouse has some snacks as well.
This has been our experience, and we Tune In just about every trip for either an early or late lunch when we are in the Studios. Arriving close to opening time helps, and also after 2 pm or so until closer to the dinner rush beginning at 4:30 or so. And we have stalked open bar stools a time or two even at that. As noted, Baseline Taphouse has some snacks but they are a poor substitute for the full menu available at Tune In Lounge. DW raves about the gluten free chicken pot pie preparation.

We have been lucky as every time I have had my craving for a PB&J milkshake we always get 4 seats at the bar.

Our experience has been that it is the most crowded during dinner time—5:00 to 7:30–due to people waiting for tables. :)

Usually crowded around meal time. Seem to be alot of people waiting for their table to open. Its loud and busy, but often not bar guests. Good place to get a drink and get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter