• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the heat really too miserable from July-Sept for a trip to WDW?

We always go to WDW late August. Great prices that time of year for people from the north east us with children that can't miss school.

Great time of the year to get to the parks early in the morning, late in the evening. Spend time at your resort during the day (pool and relaxation time).

2 years ago in late October it set records highs with every day in the 90's. Go much past October and you run the risk of a freak cold streak. Take your pick. I like it hot and wet... but that is just me.

Where in the world is the tag fairy?

I apologize if my post was offensive in any way. No offense or disrespect was intended and I was just trying to relay my own experience using a little feeble humor. Peace to all and I hope everyone has a great trip, no matter what time of year you get to go! After all, even in extreme temps - it's still disney world!pixiedust:

I apologize if my post was offensive in any way. No offense or disrespect was intended and I was just trying to relay my own experience using a little feeble humor. Peace to all and I hope everyone has a great trip, no matter what time of year you get to go! After all, even in extreme temps - it's still disney world!pixiedust:

Not me. I do lots of sarcastic posts. But can't compare a voluntarily trip to WDW to a prisoner death march where thousands either died or had their lives affected forever.

There is a great thread somewhere around here with ways to keep cool other than your usual "Go to rope drop, break in the afternoon, head out at night, misting fans, etc. etc." If I find it, I'll link it. Poise makes a roll on cooling gel, also cooling moist wipes...there were some other good products to try to beat the summer heat as well.

And Dizcrazee I loved your humorous post, I actually copied & pasted it to a friend who knows I will be suffering like mad in the August heat!

We went to WDW during my 40th b-day, in November. My wife insisted we do a Land/Sea vacation on her 40th b-day. The second to last week OF AUGUST. I asked, are you sure you want to do this in August and she insisted that it had to be on her 40th.

Even she said it was a bad idea after we got back. I don't know how some people can stand the summer months down there. I'll take the cold winter months of Minnesota before I spend a summer down there. It was very hot and very humid.

I would wait as long as it takes to go back to WDW in order to do it in late fall or winter. I would rather take a chance on colder than normal weather than put up with another summer week in Florida.

JMHO :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Folks, since I just had to delete a bunch of posts and issue infractions, I think it's time for a review of the rules for posting.

DISboards Guidelines

Arguments between posters and personal attacks are not permitted on these boards, and will result in infractions. If you believe a post is in violation of the rules, use the Report Post button under the poster's name, and let the moderators deal with it. Please don't make the situation worse by joining the argument yourself. It doesn't matter who started it, posts that violate the rules earn infraction points.

I would say October or pick another time between October and early June for the trip. The combination of all that cement and massive crowds makes me overheat just thinking about it. We too, live in a miserable, hot humid climate where summers are often so bad weather wise that we get those warnings days on end. Both DH and I worked in education but we figured out times to get to Disney when it was cooler and less crowded.

A lot depends on your tolerance for heat and your prior Disney experience. I've been in October, November, December, January, February, March, April (and June for the first time last year). June was pretty miserable but because I went early in the day and was 'solo' I could take breaks whenever needed. I also found that the heat in FL took more out of me than here at home so I toured less.

If you like crowds, oppressive heat and can come back in the future to see what you missed in summer go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter