Is the correct term counter service, quick service locations or quick service meals?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
Ever since I have been posting on here I have seen everyone referr to locations like Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, ABC Commissary or Captin Cooks as counter service locations. However earlier today on Youtube I was watching a clip when Unwrapped did a show on Walt Disney World and referred to those locations as quick service locations. Finally when I was looking up information about the Disney Dining Plan they call them quick service meals.

So is their correct name supposed to referred to as conter service locations, qiuck service locations or quick service meals?

I was thinking counter service since that's what the DDP refers to them as.

As far as I can tell, the WDW website now uses "quick service" exclusively (not sure what they called it in the past), including when describing what we mean when we refer to as CS credits. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2009/dining/

So I would say that technically all those places are quick-service locations and they serve quick-service meals ... but the official description of Cosmic Ray's is "this 'stellar' counter-service restaurant." http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/?showPage=7 So ... both?

AllEars refers to those places that are only an outdoor counter serving food (such as Aloha Isle) as "counter service."

I am pretty sure as of today they are called "quick service locations" which serve "quick service meals".

Now this is all pretty recent. They used to be refered to as counter service so I think many of us still call it that.Heck I am still trying not to call HS MGM.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter