Is Storytellers always so hectic?

Hmmm, we have the option of doing either dinner at Goofy's Kitchen on December 21 or brunch at Storytellers on December 22. I was leaning heavily towards Storytellers because the food at GK looks awful to me, frankly, and because my husband is vegetarian and would have more options at Storytellers. But if it's this bad, it will hardly be the break from the park that I was hoping for.

If you’re going with kids mine much prefer Goofy’s. We were all unimpressed with the food at Storytellers. Goofy’s had something for everyone. Goofy’s also had great decorations and there were none at Storytellers. Have you called about vegetarian options? I can’t answer about that but I know Disney does a great job accommodating allergies so they might be able to help.

If you’re going with kids mine much prefer Goofy’s. We were all unimpressed with the food at Storytellers. Goofy’s had something for everyone. Goofy’s also had great decorations and there were none at Storytellers. Have you called about vegetarian options? I can’t answer about that but I know Disney does a great job accommodating allergies so they might be able to help.

Thanks, this is helpful! The food at Goofy’s kitchen just looks very....unsophisticated? I don’t expect fine dining at a buffet, but we’re not really pizza-and-chicken-nugget people and it seemed way more expensive than the food deserved. The food at Storytellers looks like it skews at least a bit more interesting and is actually less expensive. And though Disney does a great job with allergies, decent vegetarian options should just be standard at the prices they’re charging for GK.

Thanks, this is helpful! The food at Goofy’s kitchen just looks very....unsophisticated? I don’t expect fine dining at a buffet, but we’re not really pizza-and-chicken-nugget people and it seemed way more expensive than the food deserved. The food at Storytellers looks like it skews at least a bit more interesting and is actually less expensive. And though Disney does a great job with allergies, decent vegetarian options should just be standard at the prices they’re charging for GK.
For food, Storytellers is my favorite buffet, with Goofy's my second to least favorite (Minnies is my least favorite.) The food really is much better.

We went in July right after the new characters were introduced and I agree with the others it was chaotic and unorganized. It took us 2 hours to meet Mickey!! We asked several times as he stayed on the other side of the restaurant the entire time. I did have the salted caramel French toast but they no longer had the tub of extra sauce on the side anymore like they used to. Now they have two new sauces which arent anywhere near as good as the caramel sauce. I also preferred it prior to the change. The character interaction was so much better. I'm hoping when we go next week it's much better. And I surely hope they have the salted caramel French toast as its my favorite!

We dined there last Thursday (Oct 18th) with a 7:10 reservation....I did not find it hectic but it took FOREVER to see Mickey. Each of the other characters visited us 2-3 times and we still hadn't seen Mickey and had been there an hour. He finally made it to our side of the room and eventually to our table.

I truly hate when they theme a Character Meal w/ a main Character and then you don't get to see them immediately for a picture (with a PhotoPass Photographer)...and with Storytellers, there wasn't even just a family photo spot (like they used to do at Minnie's at Plaza Inn - just the family outside the doors...I WAS pleasantly surprised to take a picture with Minnie at her breakfast last week though!) I was disappointed in Storyteller's and won't plan to return. We'll try out Donald's breakfast next month.

we did story tellers yesterday it was great, it was pretty crowded at 8 30 but we had a corner booth and we had great interactions, Minnie pluto chip and dale, My mom was having a hard time using my camera to take apic of mickey and me,,so he pointed to a waiter signaling for me to get them to take the pic so whe were able to get all of us in the pic, Dale even took the selfie himself, and they all posed for my polaroid too, Pluto had a kid come over when he was with us and he kindly shooed him away so not to incroach on our time. Food was good but can never eat that much at the buffet , they did the march like they do at goofys. aliitle pricey 94 for 2 2people before tip but for the character interactions i was happy.

Goofy’s is definitely mainly kid food but they do have other options like prime rib, of course not what you want for a vegetarian meal. Unfortunately Storytellers was not good quality for us. We love French toast but didn’t like theirs, although it wasn’t the caramel French toast since apparently it’s not there everyday. It was pretty basic.

Goofy’s is definitely mainly kid food but they do have other options like prime rib, of course not what you want for a vegetarian meal. Unfortunately Storytellers was not good quality for us. We love French toast but didn’t like theirs, although it wasn’t the caramel French toast since apparently it’s not there everyday. It was pretty basic.
Goofy's does not have prime rib, they do a New York strip steak and carve from it. They did prime rib about 12 years ago, then just switched to the strip.

There is a reason they have multiple buffets, everyone can have their favs. So many rave about Minnies, but I have found it to be the worst of the meals. I prefer Storytellers, with my second favorite being Surf's Up.

Goofy's does not have prime rib, they do a New York strip steak and carve from it. They did prime rib about 12 years ago, then just switched to the strip.

There is a reason they have multiple buffets, everyone can have their favs. So many rave about Minnies, but I have found it to be the worst of the meals. I prefer Storytellers, with my second favorite being Surf's Up.

Agreed - everyone’s tastes are so different. Reminds me of when I went to Ohana at WDW because everyone raves about it and I just left confused!

We went 11am on a thurs a few weeks ago. Great food, plenty of character interaction and not crazy busy. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Definitely wasn’t chaos and I would still recommend it.

Wow, we haven't been since they changed the characters. It has always been half-empty every time we have been. Great service, almost too much character interaction and delicious food. Looks like those days are over.

Done both this and Donald's breakfast last week, first seating. I genuinely thought I was in the wrong place for Storytellers. Had seen all characters in under 40 minutes, but as it's been said with minimal interaction. We had such great interaction at the old Storytellers. Only saving grace was Dale who sat down with me for a bit, I think he could feel I was highly irritated. French toast was missing too. :/ They sat everyone in one half of the restaurant when I arrived, this increased the crowded feeling.

Now Donald's. 5 tables taken, restaurant quiet. Still took ages for the characters to get to me, they were rather playing with the one family around and the Japanese couple. Still it took over an hour til I could get my Maxpass package from the entrance shot. Got exactly one refill while I was there. The most unpleasant surprise was that I found a mandatory gratituity charge on my bill which had not been there last visit.

Oh dear - I keep going back and forth on whether to book breakfast at Storyteller's one day of my trip and am getting worried about all the stories here! I have a very soft spot for Chip and Dale, but not if the character interactions aren't that great and not if the food doesn't make up for it...

Oh dear - I keep going back and forth on whether to book breakfast at Storyteller's one day of my trip and am getting worried about all the stories here! I have a very soft spot for Chip and Dale, but not if the character interactions aren't that great and not if the food doesn't make up for it...
We've eaten there twice since the change, once in Aug, once in Sept. Both times were great.

Anyone done the brunch part that is open on the weekends? What food do they offer and is it less crazy or more crazy?

We did brunch last December and really enjoyed it. They had breakfast items like waffles, bacon, eggs, croissants and they had chicken, pozole and other lunch items.
We've eaten there twice since the change, once in Aug, once in Sept. Both times were great.
That is good to hear. I really liked them last time we were there for brunch and we are doing brunch and dinner there this time but the feedback was getting me worried.

We just got back from our trip and we ate at Storytellers. The character interaction has improved since July. We saw all characters by the time we were done eating. I want everyone to know that this is now considered a premium character meal and the price has now been bumped up to $44 per person. It doesn't make sense to me that the breakfast at the Plaza Inn with all the characters they have costs less than this one. Although it is my favorite breakfast spot I'll be eating at The Plaza Inn from now on if I want a character meal. The price for this no longer makes sense to me.

We just got back from our trip and we ate at Storytellers. The character interaction has improved since July. We saw all characters by the time we were done eating. I want everyone to know that this is now considered a premium character meal and the price has now been bumped up to $44 per person. It doesn't make sense to me that the breakfast at the Plaza Inn with all the characters they have costs less than this one. Although it is my favorite breakfast spot I'll be eating at The Plaza Inn from now on if I want a character meal. The price for this no longer makes sense to me.
The difference is Plaza Inn doesn't use servers. I prefer Storytellers. Price was bumped at least in Aug when we did it. I had heard it was bumped when Mickey started there. I'm not sure what it was when it was Chip and Dale's location, but I thought it was pretty close to that.

The difference is Plaza Inn doesn't use servers. I prefer Storytellers. Price was bumped at least in Aug when we did it. I had heard it was bumped when Mickey started there. I'm not sure what it was when it was Chip and Dale's location, but I thought it was pretty close to that.
I went in July when it was the new characters and it was hectic and the lower price. They told me the price went up on the 10th of Oct. I did realize there are servers but they had servers before and the price was lower. It might make sense to others to pay the higher price but for me it doesn't. Especially when most of the character dining I've experienced at WDW with free dining and are far better than DLR. Also I dont have small children. My daughter is 22 so, for us it just doesnt make sense anymore.

Just comment on price. We have storytellers brunch booked and price for that is $40 something I think, it is considered character breakfast until the end of this year and will switch to premium or Resort breakfast, can't remember what they are calling it. But I was told we could use regular character dining vouchers until then. Which is a much better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter