IS Palo dining like MDR dining? Would you be able to get more than 1 entree?

JecHec

Mouseketeer
I am looking at the menu for PALO and can't decide which entrée to get. Is Palo like the MDR's where you can get more than 1 entrée if you are undeceive? Or is it more like a fine restaurant where "you get what you get and you don't get upset"?

We asked our server when we went. He cautioned us that more than 1 entree is a lot of food and steered us toward each ordering an entree, and ordering 1 more entree to split and then take it from there. He was right, we couldn't finish all 3 between the 2 of us (we also had appetizers and wanted room for dessert).

We had the same server for brunch later in the trip and he advised us of the same, we stuck to 1 entree each and the buffet.

I'm sure if we had ordered additional entrees/ appetizers, it would have been fine. They would have had to roll us off of the boat though!

Can you order more than one item - yes. Depending on what entrees you are looking at, is it something that could be done in a smaller portion?

You can order as much or as little as you like. We've had servers recommend not overdoing it and we had one server (for both brunch and dinner) that you would have thought was trying to fatten us up for slaughter.

We normally just do one though because it winds up being very filling. Only time I recall ordering more than 1 was when the menu changed and I just couldn't find anything I liked. The server just kept bringing entrees out for me to try.

We’ve had mixed experiences with this. We like to have an appetizer, pasta course, and meat or fish main course. The pasta courses are listed on the entree page. Most times, we have been able to order a small portion each from the pasta selections as our pasta course. We need these to be separate, since DW is gluten free and prefers the mushroom risotto as her pasta choice. Then we order a regular entree each from the fish/meat choices. On the Fantasy (western caribbean last November), our server was insistent that we could not do this because the chef doesn’t like to prepare half portions of the entrees. He suggested that we could share a pasta order, so we ended up doing that and shared a mushroom risotto. The server did a poor job of serving it as well, setting the whole order on a single plate in the middle of the table with no serving spoon or smaller plates to eat off. We then waited a long time to get small plates to eat it from rather than trying to share the plate in the center of the table, risking dropping food between plate and mouth. Our worst Palo dining experience ever.

Oh noo. For the extra money being paid for PALO I would hope service would be even better (MDR service is outstanding). I will take all these suggestions.

You can get what ever you want. DH is a big eater. We usually each get an appetizer and spilt an extra. You also, can get soup and/or salad. We
usually spilt an entree too.

Some people get an appetizer, spilt a pizza and then have their entree.

The food is rich, delicious.

If you want a lot of food...do brunch! You can have a breakfast item and a dinner entree, plus they have tables of breakfast sweets, seafood items, breads, salads, cheeses and desserts. Etc.

The portions are very very small, so order as many as you would like. We did not like the food at the buffet at brunch, but each had two entrees and that was a great meal. I think two entrees equals the size of a small appetizer at most restaurants, so if you skip the buffet then 3 entrees may be more to your liking. You should feel comfortable to order what you like :)

I have 2 boys, well young adults, that have a very hardy appetite. They at one sitting ordered 3 different meals! Yes, I do feed them, lol, but they actually really enjoyed all of them. They asked if they could speak to the chef and told him how much they apprecited and loved all of his food! Needless to say, if your eyes are not bigger than your stomach, go for it! You just can't go wrong!

I mentioned that I couldn't decide between two items and the waiter just piped in that he'd bring them both. I'm glad he did, because I liked the one I wouldn't have chosen better than the one that would have been my first choice.

You can order as much or little as you want. And if you still have room before dessert you can order more food if you want. The mushroom risotto is great, I usually get that in addition to steak or scallops. I also get an appetizer or two depending on how hungry I am. I've also split dishes with my husband. It's a great experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter