Is Memory Maker worth the price!

Dpflake

Earning My Ears
I’m just curious to know if the Memory Maker is worth all that money. On my upcoming trip it’s just going to be me and my husband. He hates being in pictures (I do sneak his pictures whenever I can 😉). Yes, it would be nice to be able to be in a picture together. Other trips I’ve asked other people to take our pictures. I was thinking about just doing this at Disney.
If I decide to get the Memory Maker do I have to have it before I go or can I add it once I get there?

Yes. Memory Maker is worth the price!

You can add it once you get there.

I disagree that MM is worth the price. When it 1st came out, there were photographers everywhere. they were even in the wave pool and lazy rivers at the water parks. Now, they are few and far between.
And it is not like I am not looking for them. I am an AP holder where MM comes with purchase. Because there are so few, the lines are long. We get maybe 2 sessions a trip.
As for the magic photos, enough with teacup already. Do something different.
Ride photos are great souvenirs, but up until recently, who wanted a picture with your mask on? And, you could always buy the photo without MM and save money on the 1 or 2 you really wanted.
Until character interactions return, MM should be a hard pass. And only then you have to think about how many interactions you hope to capture.

For us, I always get it. And we make an effort to get our money's worth out of it. For our last trip I was glad I had it - I did a horrible job of taking my own pictures, but we had caught all the photographers we could find for shots and had got the ride photos. If it wasn't for MM we wouldn't have had any pics! But yea you are going to get mixed answers here.
If you do go with it -purchase in advance - it is cheaper than adding on the day of.

It is a hard pass for us as well. Picture downloads at Disneyland were included in the price of our Max Pass add on. I looked at them online a few times but never bothered to download them. Most of the ride photos are lousy quality. We would get plenty of character pictures with our I*Phone.

Always get it and make an album of the trip with phone photos and Photo Pass pics. Ride photos alone are worth it for my family. We once rode Everest 8 times in a row and did a new pose everytime. Got all the photos in a funny collage now lol

If you are only intending to use it for one day, my suggestion is to get as many pics taken by the photographers as possible on that day, and make sure you link your ride photos through the code they give you or your magic band, and decide after you view them all online. You can buy one day for $69.00 even after the pictures are taken. The deal that you have to buy early is the one for many days worth of pics.

We were just at Disney from 5/31 to 6/4 and I noticed plenty of photographers, although there were lines to get pics taken. They did not seem ridiculous. I almost opted to do it, but with two teens, they put the kibosh on that idea pretty quickly.

Always get it and make an album of the trip with phone photos and Photo Pass pics. Ride photos alone are worth it for my family. We once rode Everest 8 times in a row and did a new pose everytime. Got all the photos in a funny collage now lol
We do this too! That's when I noticed this last album was a lot skinnier than usual :eek:

Thank you all for your options and ideas. Like with everything there are pros and cons. I’m still undecided. I do have some time to still decide.
Can I get pictures taken by the photographers, look at the pictures then decide if I want the MM or do I have to pay for the MM before I can view the photos? That way if I don’t get as many pictures as I thought I would or if the pictures don’t turn out good I want have wasted my money?

Thank you all for your options and ideas. Like with everything there are pros and cons. I’m still undecided. I do have some time to still decide.
Can I get pictures taken by the photographers, look at the pictures then decide if I want the MM or do I have to pay for the MM before I can view the photos? That way if I don’t get as many pictures as I thought I would or if the pictures don’t turn out good I want have wasted my money?
You sure can. You can see the photopass pictures if you scan your magic band with the photographer. After you see the photos you can decide if it's worth it to buy the whole package. And you can purchase individual pictures too. Lots of time to make a decision.
Value is hard to recommend to others. For our family, I would never purchase it. The only times we've had it is when it was included (one time it was part of a package deal), or if one of us had an annual pass. Friends of ours, get it every time, love it, think it's totally great value. She LOVES pictures. She takes a picture with every photographer we find. It brings her so much joy.
SO.... it really depends on how much you love standing and getting pictures taken.

I look at it this way, is it worth the price? Maybe not. Is it worth the memories, yes! I am the one normally behind our camera, so it's nice to have pics with me in them. And the photographers make it fun, we made a point to stop just about any time with can. Last couple of trips have my wife and I, so this is a chance for us to get pics of just the two of us again.
I say do it, and get your husband to relax a bit and do it for you if nothing else.

If you wait and want to purchase the whole thing after the fact it's 199$. If you order it 3 days before your trip it's 169$. If you want to print per photo it's like 20$ per. All depends on how you look at things. When we pre order we keep an eye out and make sure to take photos. Otherwise I hate photos but in Disney I enjoy it since I feel like we payed for it so why not.

For us no because we go every year, I got it the first time for all the days. The third time I just bought one day after we went of our HS day. Even though it cost more after the trip I still do not mind because you know what you are getting.
If you wear a magic band you will get extra ride photos and videos (automatically you dont have to do anything)

One thing I will add that's pro MM: In my opinion, one of the best parts of Disney is that I get to completely immerse myself in the experience. As soon as I check in, I don't have to worry about transportation, meals, logistics, or really anything that normally I would have to. Having all my photos taken care of is just one less thing to worry about.

With that being said, we primarily used around the characters. So if they're not out and about, that might influence our purchasing decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter