Is it worth it for us to pay for the DDP?

I'm not sure if you can add the dinning plan to the room only discount. I know if you want the free dinning you need to pay rack rate and add on park tickets for at least 2 days.

Right now I'm thinking we'll try for a room only discount and get our park tickets through Undercover Tourist.

Yep, I ended up making one of our ressies this way. So, if both are offered around the time you want to go, you can just see what makes the more sense for your family. Free dining or room discount pay for DP if you want it. If you're staying Deluxe, room discount way and add DP will probably always be cheaper.

My son doesnt always eat as much as i do, and some food does go to waste...but i ALWAYS go with the dining plan out of convenience. Its so much easier having everything paid, so you dont have to worry about it while your there. There's nothing worse than having to watch your money while on vacay. If you plan on having 1 TS a day, then i say go for the DP. Just my thought.

I agree! We have had used the dining plan many times & love it :)

We have been having this same debate at our house.

I haven't run the numbers but I think unless the QSDP is free for us (and possibly even the DDP...still need to crunch the numbers) we won't be paying for the dining plan.

We have a 12 yo "disney adult" and he only eats "kid food" so the adult meals are of no use to him. My 6yo and I can easily share many entrees.

Another thing I am thinking about is the drinks. My kids just don't really need soda multiple times each day. Just ordering water would save us a good $8/meal.

Instead of paying for the plan I think we will just put $$$ on a gift card and pretend we have a plan.

Amy

I haven't run the numbers but I think unless the QSDP is free for us (and possibly even the DDP...still need to crunch the numbers) we won't be paying for the dining plan.

We have a 12 yo "disney adult" and he only eats "kid food" so the adult meals are of no use to him. My 6yo and I can easily share many entrees.

Another thing I am thinking about is the drinks. My kids just don't really need soda multiple times each day. Just ordering water would save us a good $8/meal.

Instead of paying for the plan I think we will just put $$$ on a gift card and pretend we have a plan.

Amy

I love that idea! We might use that one.

First off, let me say, everyone has a different opinion, that why we were not all created equal, and we all have different views. And I respect everyones opinion, not one family is alike, so what may work for one, may not work for another.:goodvibes
With that being said, for our family, we did the deluxe and it worked out perfect. My daughter are 6 and 8, so we didnt have to pay adult prices. They were fine eating what was offered, pizza, chicken nuggets, etc, and sometimes steak was offered.. ($2 extra).
We did a one credit late breakfast or early lunch and did a 2 credit signature restaurant each night. We had incredible meals. There were a few we werent thrilled over (Aloha show, hddmr, but they are shows and that what you are using your credits for). We were able to bring our kids to every restaurant, although we did put them in the neverland club and mousketeer club just for some alone time, but kids were at the restaurants we went to, and it wasnt a problem.
I wouldnt hesitate to do it again. We ate very well. I probably gained 10 pounds on that trip, but worth it..

Amy

I really like that idea too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter