Is it rude to hold a place in line waiting at entrance to park for another family?

Either way it is inconsiderate and wrong on so many levels. I believe that most people would be upset by others cutting in line. If you want the benefits of entering the park early then get up early and get to the park. This is just common courtesy and really should not be an issue but......
This is kind of how I feel too. I’m squarely in the camp where I wouldn’t let four people cutting in front of me bother me and I’d probably only say something to the people in my party once and then move on.

However, I can’t wrap my head around a scenario where it would possibly make it appropriate for a group of four who can’t wake up with the rest of their group to just skip past everyone else who was up early.

I see people doing this all the time. The rudeness factor may depend on where you are in line. If you right about to go through the turnstiles people would probably notice it more and be annoyed. If you're still way back in line I don't think people would care, because it's clear that it's just some of your party joining you.

Just looked at your trip report and I love your pictures of empty Fantasyland :)

I can't believe that woman did that!
I was actually accused of photoshopping people out of the empty Fantasyland pics. It used to be that nice for EMH.

It's rude, but what are the consequences?
I guess maybe someone can record you cutting in, then post it to social media.
Then somehow it goes viral and makes it to your friends and employer.
Then from there, maybe they laugh it off and say no big deal.

You'll be the talk of the families behind you who are disturbed, but my guess is that they'll forget about it later.
Unless you encounter similar families like in WDW that started a brawl because of something similar.

Ultimately if there are not rules and consequences against this.. like Disney can kick you out... then it's pretty much up to how comfortable you are for doing this.
Some folks are okay with that and don't see that as them being a jerk.. so they go ahead and do it and not worry about it at all.
Gives them happiness and just infuriates others that they don't care about.

It would bother me at park opening or at an attraction. Get ready like the rest of us and pick a line at the back when you arrive.

No sense holding back: I loathe it. You know why? Because it will be THAT family that cut and won't be at the ready when they hit the turnstiles. Why do people act like it is a big surprise to show your park ticket at the turnstiles? Fumbling around, not knowing who's ticket belongs to who. Holding all of us prepared people hostage. Ugh ... the cutter family. :rolleyes2 Oblivious and without any regards to other patrons.

Yep ... as you can tell I have been there, done that, and have the teenage sigh and eye roll in FULL FORCE! :rotfl:

I was actually accused of photoshopping people out of the empty Fantasyland pics. It used to be that nice for EMH.
yup! It used to be that nice

Those were the "Good 'Ole Days" for sure.
And look at Disney now.....

It's rude, but what are the consequences?
I guess maybe someone can record you cutting in, then post it to social media.
Then somehow it goes viral and makes it to your friends and employer.
Then from there, maybe they laugh it off and say no big deal.

You'll be the talk of the families behind you who are disturbed, but my guess is that they'll forget about it later.
Unless you encounter similar families like in WDW that started a brawl because of something similar.

Ultimately if there are not rules and consequences against this.. like Disney can kick you out... then it's pretty much up to how comfortable you are for doing this.
Some folks are okay with that and don't see that as them being a jerk.. so they go ahead and do it and not worry about it at all.
Gives them happiness and just infuriates others that they don't care about.
And this is why we can't have nice things. We make rules for the absolute lowest bottom feeding scum of society when most of us realize how to behave properly

yup! It used to be that nice

Those were the "Good 'Ole Days" for sure.
And look at Disney now.....
They are operating at 60% staff member rates anecdotally. I get whey they can't open it up early, just need to resolve finding, training, and KEEPING, the CMs who make all of this possible.

The line in the morning doesnt bother me as much as at an attraction. ROTR seems to attract line cutters. I’ve had 4 or 5 teenagers cut as a group.

I usually just give a glare, im sure they don’t care.

I am not a patient person, it's one of my biggest flaws. So it surprises me that people have very strong opinions on this while I'm more meh about it. It's usually the opposite when I read threads on stuff like this!

I'm not paying enough attention to the people around me to know whether someone cuts in line at the turnstiles. It's different when there is a defined queue area like in Indy or Pirates, but at the turnstiles in the morning it's more of a free-for-all. Half the time, the lines are joined together and then break apart when CMs open the gates so people end up further or closer than people who arrived before them/after them.

Rope drop is so similar. I got a video this past weekend and it was chaos. We were waiting on the Adventureland side and were some of the first at the rope. Sure enough, as soon as they let us go right at 8:00am, 50 or so people from behind went tearing off and ran through Adventureland. They didn't even stop at Indy so who knows where they were going! It was more amusing than anything, at least I was laughing lol

Having a single adult from your nuclear family join up is ok with me. Holding a spot for an entire other family is a breach of good taste IMO.

If this is about you all getting a good place in line at rope drop, I don't think it makes much of a difference what time you show up before the park opens. I was there two weeks ago, a couple of mornings we were in line before 7:00, the last day about 7:30. On the last morning my family and I separated. I lined up near Tomorrow Land. There was a good, but not bad crowd in front of me. Once DL opened, I made it to Space Mountain in a very timely manner and didn't have to wait long to ride it.

I am not a patient person, it's one of my biggest flaws. So it surprises me that people have very strong opinions on this while I'm more meh about it. It's usually the opposite when I read threads on stuff like this!

I'm not paying enough attention to the people around me to know whether someone cuts in line at the turnstiles. It's different when there is a defined queue area like in Indy or Pirates, but at the turnstiles in the morning it's more of a free-for-all. Half the time, the lines are joined together and then break apart when CMs open the gates so people end up further or closer than people who arrived before them/after them.

Rope drop is so similar. I got a video this past weekend and it was chaos. We were waiting on the Adventureland side and were some of the first at the rope. Sure enough, as soon as they let us go right at 8:00am, 50 or so people from behind went tearing off and ran through Adventureland. They didn't even stop at Indy so who knows where they were going! It was more amusing than anything, at least I was laughing lol
They were most likely going to Rise of the Resistance.

Interesting. I never paid mind to the entry cutters. It's the ones who come up behind you in a ride queue. Not a "pardon me" or "excuse me". Just straight up entitlement as they barge right through. Sorry but sitting in different rows on different rides can make a huge difference. Line cutters drive me bananas.

Off topic, but why doesn't Disneyland have a specific line for MK holders for park entry? All we do is scan. Seems like it wouldn't be difficult. I bet a MK line backed up to DCA from Disneyland would clear faster than one that reaches the monorail tracks with regular guests. That's my entitlement. I want a specific line for park entry.

Interesting. I never paid mind to the entry cutters. It's the ones who come up behind you in a ride queue. Not a "pardon me" or "excuse me". Just straight up entitlement as they barge right through. Sorry but sitting in different rows on different rides can make a huge difference. Line cutters drive me bananas.

Off topic, but why doesn't Disneyland have a specific line for MK holders for park entry? All we do is scan. Seems like it wouldn't be difficult. I bet a MK line backed up to DCA from Disneyland would clear faster than one that reaches the monorail tracks with regular guests. That's my entitlement. I want a specific line for park entry.
Turnstiles are limited due to limited staffing, but I agree. Everything should be staffed in accordance with expediency.

Great Idea.. I have gauge which line I'm in. Are they MK holders, returning guests after being scanned in the previous day.. or are they 1 day pass/ first day pass holders?
Takes some extra time to take the picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter