Is it me or does the wishes dessert buffet seem expensive

Do kids under 3 get in to this for free like any other buffet meal?

OK. I wasn't going to do this but then I saw the pictures! We are eating at the castle for lunch that day so maybe we will just pick up a small counter service meal (hot dogs at casey?) for dinner so we have room for some dessert! I cancelled my Grand Floridian Cafe reservation for that night, so in the end I probably saved money! (We are not doing the dining plan.)

I got a reservation for 9:20 pm. Spectro starts at 9 pm, though. Do you think we can check in early? I know that for most ADRs they were telling us to show up 20 minutes early.

Maggie

Do kids under 3 get in to this for free like any other buffet meal?

Yes - when I booked for 3 adults and a 1yo, they did not charge for him.

Our reservation is for 9:10, but I also plan on showing up early to watch Spectro!

I do think it's a little high but once you see that everything at Disney is expensive and it's reasonable when you think of it that way, it's ok to me. We are going to this on our next trip. I'm excited. I've been good dieting so I might splurge and have a try or two...or three of some of the stuff. I think I'm more excited about seating for the fireworks though.

We did this on July 5. The only problem I had was that they started to clear the tables of food and drink the minuet we left to either get something else, like when we had desserts and needed drinks or went to view the fireworks. This caused me to make 3 trips to get 1 drink.. I got dessert about 5 min befor Tink was to fly, went for water and coffee, came back the desserts were gone. Went for dessert and left the drinks, came back the drinks were gone... and so it went! I missed Tink flying, and was very peved!
I did ask for the CM Manager and when she came I told her that I missed most of the firworks defending my drink/food, and she said that the serving and clearing CMs should not have done that. We were sitted right under the wire Tink flys in on, and was less then 8 feet from the railing you stand at to watch the fireworks. Also the offical time for dessert is from 9pm to 10pm. We were told to show up at 9:20pm, good thing we went at 8:50! We were shown to the wrong part of the terrance... and brushed aside when we asked for help to find our assigned table, which had my last name spelled wrong...
BUT it was great! The desserts were very good, the fruit was out of this world. The drinks were ok, no soda or milk. But they would get it for you...
The CM manager did say that there was talk of making this an extended option.. on none MNSSHP or other party nites. But it would have to cost more. She said that when they started most guests ate 7 desserts and had 2 or 3 drinks. Now the average is 14 or more per person. I told her that if it went up to $20 I would do it- if I could keep the food/drinks at the table! But if it was over that it would not be worth it to me.
The 2 18yo guys liked it a lot! And did not eat as much as I had thought they would as they spent a ton of time taking great photos with cell phone and cameras.

She said that when they started most guests ate 7 desserts and had 2 or 3 drinks. Now the average is 14 or more per person. .

People eat 14 or more????????????? wow! I was thinking I would have 2 and a tea!!!

Maggie

Yes - when I booked for 3 adults and a 1yo, they did not charge for him.

Our reservation is for 9:10, but I also plan on showing up early to watch Spectro!

Maybe I am thinking of the wrong place but I am pretty sure you wouldnt be able to view Spectro from the buffet location. I might be wrong but doesnt spectro run from main street, around the hub,thru liberty and into frontierland? Its been a while, I might be wrong...

Maybe I am thinking of the wrong place but I am pretty sure you wouldnt be able to view Spectro from the buffet location. I might be wrong but doesnt spectro run from main street, around the hub,thru liberty and into frontierland? Its been a while, I might be wrong...

Oh, your're right. It won't be a GOOD spot to view Spectro, but we will be able to see it off in the distance. We've seen it up close many times, so just being there eating all those yummy desserts and hearing the Spectro music (love that music!), and relaxing and having a good time - what could be better?

People eat 14 or more????????????? wow! I was thinking I would have 2 and a tea!!!

Maggie

I'm wondering if the increase in desserts is because they are too active in clearing the tables? If they just left it alone people might be able to eat the dessert they just picked up instead of going and getting a new one. ;)

The CM that we booked with said we would be able to see it..... I dont know how true that is.

But the point is that her reservation is at 9:10 and Spectro starts at 9. So will she be able to get in early in order to see Spectro?

Our reservation is at 9:20. I plan to show up around 8:50 so that I can hopefully see Spectro.

Maggie

I have been trying to get in for our trip but nothing is open! This is harder than Le Cellier was!!!!!!!

We really, really wanted to try this!

Tell me about it! The reviews are pretty good on the Dis, so it makes it even harder to know that we can't get a rezzie!

Sad that we are not booked, but you never know, I call sporadically, and I will be walking up the day we are there, might get lucky! ;)

Good luck to all! Those booked already, have a blast!

We just got back from Disney and were at the dessert buffet on the 12th! It was FABULOUS!!!:banana: There were 11 of us in our party and it was no problem at all. We saw Spectro from it (we checked in at 8:45, ressie was at 9:00) and we were seated before it started. The desserts are DELICIOUS and plentiful!!! Tinkerbell flies right over your head and the fireworks are amazing!!! Plus, there is a photopass person there taking pictures for you with the castle as the backdrop. Our pictures turned out wonderful!!!

I would highly recommend this to anyone who can still get in!!! This is how we ended our trip. And it was a special surprise for my DD6, DS4 (for their bdays, it was DS4's b-day that day) and DH as well for our 10th anniversary.

EVERYONE loved :love: it!!!

We just did this on Saturday. Here are my thoughts. I loved not having to fight for a spot for the parade. However, I think there were way too many people there (lot of overtired screaming children). You can see spectro but everyone was talking and not paying attention so you really couldn't hear the music. The cast member checking people in really did not know what she was doing. The podium was to the left side of the terrace entrance - so people started lining up before the entrance to get their wrist bands. She kept making people move to the other side of entrance to line up - up the hill. She then had to pick up her list, wrist bands and table numbers. What was the point of the podium?

The cast member showing us to our table couldn't find our name. She ended up leaving us and going back to the front so we had to find it on our own.

At about 9:30 they started cutting back on the number of desserts being brought out and even took one of the tables away.

I don't think I would do it again although I did like not having to push and shove to get a spot. The quote of the night was the man who told his child that "Cinderella was going to fly right over his head".

We just did this on Saturday. Here are my thoughts. I loved not having to fight for a spot for the parade. However, I think there were way too many people there (lot of overtired screaming children). You can see spectro but everyone was talking and not paying attention so you really couldn't hear the music. The cast member checking people in really did not know what she was doing. The podium was to the left side of the terrace entrance - so people started lining up before the entrance to get their wrist bands. She kept making people move to the other side of entrance to line up - up the hill. She then had to pick up her list, wrist bands and table numbers. What was the point of the podium?

The cast member showing us to our table couldn't find our name. She ended up leaving us and going back to the front so we had to find it on our own.

At about 9:30 they started cutting back on the number of desserts being brought out and even took one of the tables away.

I don't think I would do it again although I did like not having to push and shove to get a spot. The quote of the night was the man who told his child that "Cinderella was going to fly right over his head".

OMGosh that is too funny. :cutie: I wonder if the child corrected him and said "Daddy...that's not Cinderella...it's Tinkerbell, silly."

Overall thank you for your report. I'm still on the fence about this one. I can't make up my mind if I want to go or not. I guess I could make up my mind easier if they didn't have the party in Nov into December. Gosh do I want to spend that money to watch the fireworks and eat or do I want to take the money and buy a GIANT Mickey rice krispie and eat it while watching the fireworks? Now I think that sounds better!!!!:dance3:

I just found out about this and would do it in a heartbeat BUT, they are all booked for our stay 8/20-8/23 :-( I hope they extend it or decide to make it a regular. It's very hard to stand in the crowds for hours with an 18 month old that just wants to get down and walk/run around so this would have been great. I guess we will just watch the fireworks from BLT this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter