• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it me or does the wishes dessert buffet seem expensive

You Know I must be the lone person who disagrees with all of the positive reviews...we did the Dessert Party for my daughters 13th Bday on August 5th. Yes the location is nice and the fact that you don't have to fight for a place is also good but as for the Desserts themselves we were very disappointed. They looked wonderful but the quality just was not there, for us it was worse than a cruise line buffett dessert. The gorgeous Chocolate Strawberries they were all mushy inside. We unfortunately won't be doing this again.

We will be there the week before Thanksgiving and it would be cool if they were still doing this but looks like it's only for the summer.

We would be all over this. Too bad it's over well before our trip in November. :sad2:

You Know I must be the lone person who disagrees with all of the positive reviews...we did the Dessert Party for my daughters 13th Bday on August 5th. Yes the location is nice and the fact that you don't have to fight for a place is also good but as for the Desserts themselves we were very disappointed. They looked wonderful but the quality just was not there, for us it was worse than a cruise line buffett dessert. The gorgeous Chocolate Strawberries they were all mushy inside. We unfortunately won't be doing this again.

I wondered about this. We LOVE dessert and so we hit all the main places like Main Street Bakery and the France area of Epcot....but everytime we've tried something that just looks sooooooo good, we're disappointed. It all taste so mass produced and just average. Sadly over the years we've learned to stick to icecream treats, chocolate dipped stuff and cheese cake LOL

Since we're going in December this won't be around, but I figured we could use some of our snack credits to go and get some yummy items and sit and watch the parade.

Yeah, we went on a cruise 6 months ago and they had very pretty desserts of every type you could imagine - but most of them were almost tasteless and dry. I've found that fancy desserts usually are like this. Buffet desserts in restaurants are often like this and never have that homemade taste - never fresh either. I bet that as time progresses this will become the norm.

I wondered about this. We LOVE dessert and so we hit all the main places like Main Street Bakery and the France area of Epcot....but everytime we've tried something that just looks sooooooo good, we're disappointed. It all taste so mass produced and just average. Sadly over the years we've learned to stick to icecream treats, chocolate dipped stuff and cheese cake LOL.

Couldn't agree more. I'm glad DH and I aren't the only ones who feel this way.

Does anyone know if Disney plans to extend this? I would love to try it during our next trip which is June 2-10. I bet they will if it was profitable and I sure it is!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

We went 8/10. the girl at the front said its a maximum of 70 people. it was a very comfortable spot to sit and watch the fireworks! I really looked at it as not fighting the crowds to watch the fireworks for a third the cost of a fireworks cruise.

The food was very secondary to me. we had 9 people with us. we checked in at 5 to 9. were given a bracelet. then led group by group to preassigned tables. the tables had a little placard with your party name on it. while we were up getting out goodies a teen tried to switch our card with his.

Let me just say ahhh brain surgeon we had already sat there, didn't think we would notice you moved our seats??? luckily the cards are scotch taped to the table. so while he was trying to pull it off we came back.
Pretty funny. my brother simply said dude, put it back, thats right back away sit back at the table they gave you. and he walked off.

I did think some of the goodies were way out there and not geared to a typical family. Mango shooters? so Disney if your listening. a box of itzcadoodles,(SP) a few gallons of vanilla ice cream and some jimmies maybe? would have gone a long way for the kids in the group!
as a prior poster said. yes that has fesh fruit and thats what I enjoyed as my treat!

...I did think some of the goodies were way out there and not geared to a typical family. Mango shooters? so Disney if your listening. a box of itzcadoodles,(SP) a few gallons of vanilla ice cream and some jimmies maybe? would have gone a long way for the kids in the group!
as a prior poster said. yes that has fesh fruit and thats what I enjoyed as my treat!

I look at this as more of an opportunity for Disney to showcase some more adventurous desserts rather than give out standard fare at a cheaper price (could see some people taking multiple Itzakadoozies rather than just one?). Kind of like the Food and Wine Festival, only for desserts. We did the one in DL for something like $50 a person and the desserts were all rather elegant and not just plain old sweets. And that one only sat about 12-15 people, so there weren't a lot of smaller children wanting plain old ice cream.

The preferred seating wasn't all that great, everyone stood up anyway, you had to stand in a huge line to get in, the desserts were only so-so and you had to fight masses of people piling their plates six inches high to get to them.

I wished I had saved the $100 and stood somewhere to see Wishes for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter