Is it me or does the wishes dessert buffet seem expensive

no way would I pay all that money to fill up on desserts...now a buffet yes this no...I do not need the bigger pants size lol We just go over to the poly and watch from there,we get drinks from the pool bar and not fight the crowds of people leaving!

I haven't seen this before...I might do it, just because I get really angry at rude people (and probably become rude in response) while watching the parade and fireworks.

The extra calories are not something I need though.

I just read about the new wishes Dessert buffet at the MK.
It seems really great but I keep thinking ~20 bucks/person for dessert?
Ouch. That's almost 80 bucks for my family.

To do or not to do? Am I being cheap?

I have read all these postings.

Y'all don't know the territory. In the busiest prime season, summertime, I'd set myself down on the curb near the ice cream shop on Main Street (making space for all my party...using strollers, wheelchairs, bags, children (lol) 2.5 hours before Wishes...earlier if I wanted everyone to view the Spectromagic parade...then when my family arrived (45 min-1hour before Spectro) I would send a couple of them to get fabulous ice cream sundaes in waffle dishes (or cones if you think you will eat them before they melt (there are lots of other options, but these are the ones I'd chooose for the best longetivity/enjoyment lol) If I would spend $80 for four...each of them would be treated to TWO treats at least, probably three!...not that they would even want all that.

THEN...we would all talk, while waiting with the ice cream (maybe two ice creams) and the start of SpectroMagic. We might go across the street to Casey's and get a couple of french fry orders, go to the condiments section there and pump two condiment cups with hot cheese to dunk the french fries into)..and share while we wait for Spectro.

If you only want the fireworks...hello, stand in the middle of the street after Wishes.

I don't think we deliberated more than 2 seconds before calling to make reservations!!! :rotfl:

I saw the post about it here, sent the link to my sister, BIL and hubby, and even BIL responded with "do you even have to ask???" He knows my sister and I VERY well.

For those that don't want the calories, there IS fresh fruit!! (Not just the chocolate covered strawberries - they're MINE!!)

Originally I SO wanted to do this. Then I took a step back & said ~

1. On the DDP I get dessert with every meal.
  2. I also get a snack credit.
  3. Do I need to then spend an extra $80 for MORE suger?

So we decided no.

OMG, eating those desserts will take a year off of your life -- seriously!! I can't even begin to imagine the fat and calorie count of eating even just 5 or 6 of those desserts, and most people will eat more! I'd be willing to venture it would be enough fat grams that a person should have in a week though! I love dessert, but doing a dessert buffet like that would be so unhealthy and to pay that much for it to boot? No thanks.

If they have it when we go in December we will do itl. I think it's such a fun idea. We'd skip dinner and have dessert for dinner, it's vacation after all.

That's exactly what I was thinking!!! My family could just share a couple of salads or burgers early in the evening, and save TONS of room for the dreamy looking desserts!!! :love: I would rather pay this (of course the older I get the sweeter my tooth gets) than for the food they offer for character meals. I hope they continue to offer this one, besides I could use a little sugar rush after Wishes just to make it back to the bus and resort!!!

When you make reservations do you have to put it on your credit card to hold it or do you just make the reservation?

I cannot believe the pictures. There is so much food. :woohoo: How many people are allowed each night? Anyone know?

Laurie

yummy! I would soooo do this. But then again, im the one who on our anniversary trip last year paid for Chef Mickeys just to get dessert and to be silly. Now that being said, it would be while my 2 youngest were under the 3 year mark and would only be a one time deal.

Personally, I think it's outrageous. The Fantasmic dinner thing (I don't know if they still do this or not) made some sense because you got dinner, which you'd probably be buying one way or another, including a selection of desserts. But this, to me, is just a total waste of money.

Personally, I think it's outrageous. The Fantasmic dinner thing (I don't know if they still do this or not) made some sense because you got dinner, which you'd probably be buying one way or another, including a selection of desserts. But this, to me, is just a total waste of money.

Yeah but some people have money to waste.:rotfl: And if any of you wasteful people out there want to waste money on me too I'll send you my wish list.:lmao:

I am thinking of doing this only because this trip in July might be the last time I can eat all those desserts in one sitting.
Due to some physical disabilities I am no longer able to exercise the way I used to and have been gaining weight alot faster than I should. I am not eating more, just can't exercise.
My Dr has been concerned because of my cardiac and lung problem history so he has recommended a lap band and my insurance will be paying for it.
So now I have to maintain or gain, not lose,until August when I have the surgery.
I think it is a bit overpriced but within reason. I am a sweets-a-holic so this might be my last chance to eat more than I should.

When I first learned about the dessert party I thought it was expensive. But, then I logged onto the dis one day and followed the link of the review of the dessert party. HAVE YOU SEEN THE PICTURES OF THE DESSERTS?:love:
So, I mentioned it to my girls and showed them the pictures - they really want to go. Then I mentioned to DH and he said book it. I said it would be too expensive - we are a family of 7! He said he didn't really want to go, but I can take the girls and that would be his birthday present to me!:yay: Then this morning I was reading another thread about the dessert party and how some dates were sold out and others were having problems getting reservations. So, I called this afternoon and booked for our first night - I wanted it to be on a night that Spectro was running, since it won't be running every night when we're there. You do have to prepay and you have to cancel more than 24 hrs for refund. I am SO looking forward to this - the yummy desserts as well as being able to relax and not worry about finding a spot 2 hours ahead of time to watch Spectro and Wishes! I think it's going to be great!

We have been thinking about this as well and would love to book it for August 1st, our first night. However, is it a good idea to fill the 4 and 6 year olds with sugar, especially the night before our first full day? Of course, we all know the answer!:tigger: :banana: But then again, it IS vacation, as others have said.

What to do, what to do...

I suppose I should check to see if they have spots left before I get too philosophical about it, huh? :earsboy:

I've decided to skip. We are seasoned wdw vactioneers and we've seen wishes a number of times. We love desserts but really are "only 1 piece of cake type" of family. so right now, I probably would prefer to put the 80 bucks (family of 4) toward some thing else.

It looks very yummy though. LOL

When you make reservations do you have to put it on your credit card to hold it or do you just make the reservation?

I cannot believe the pictures. There is so much food. :woohoo: How many people are allowed each night? Anyone know?

Laurie

You need to give your credit card info when booking and it is charged immediately. You can cancel up to 48 hours before. FYI the total with tax is $19.16

I took about 2 seconds to decide to do it! I don't think I will eat a lot of the desserts,heheh:rotfl2:, but I am taking to guys that are 18 and they will! Both just grad from HS, and one is going into the Marines soon and works out 2xs a day. He used to live in FL and go to WDW a few times a month but hasn't been in 10 years. So he will love it! And we got the $99 Military tickets for them.
I called last night, July 1 for this coming Mon, July 6 and had no problem getting any day next week I wanted. I did call very late last evening... Great CM helped me! We did have to pay in advance, and there are NO discounts for PAPs or TIW holders.
I usually love dessert, but not ones that pervert the choclate with a lot of fruit. I like my choclate and fruit divided and alone, thank you very much!
Any way, I will try and let you all know what we think about it when we get home next weekend...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter