• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is it difficult to get a resort other than your home resort?

I would agree, this situation definitely falls under the category of "magic" and is not the norm. Disney does a very good job to try to make sure that every DVC room is filled whenever possible.

I realize that we got VERY lucky on that trip. My point is that it can't hurt to ask about it and if you get lucky, you'll get what you want. If not, you are no worse than when you walked in the door.

The bad news on this one. Had the change in your stay required fewer points instead of more points, you would have been left with points in holding. Meaning they expire at the end of your use year. And had you borrowed points for this stay, you would not have been able to "unborrow" those points. You might have wound up losing them altogether.

Good point (no pun intended). In our case, it was costing more points for the stay, so as long as I had points available to use, it was possible. I agree, if I had been "downgrading", I would have wound up with points in holding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter