Is Hoop Dee Doo worth the Hoop Dee Doo?

If this may be your only trip to Disney, I'd say YES....go to HDDR. It's one of my fondest memories with my family in Disney. However, the last time I did it was probably 15 years ago. We went during a couple of trips, but after that we haven't been in all that time.

In short, everyone should do it at least once if they can. The food is good, not great, but the show is a blast.

Two shows every night I think. 7:ish and 9:30

They actually do 3 shows a night: 5pm, 7:15 and 9:30. The show is just under two hours.

We just got back and I loved this show. But you do need to go in with a fun attitude. They involved the audience and like to pick on people.

We loved the food. Fried chicken and ribs were yummy. DH & I ordered a beer and the server brought us a pitcher. We don't drink that much. :rotfl: And here is the real test - both of my kids ate the food. They are usually picky eaters.

Our Group of nine(8 adults and 1 child) went on 8/30.
We were in category 2 seating upstairs. The tables are extremly small. They divided us among 2 seperate tables and I could not lift my elbow without bumping the person next to me.(And I am not a big person).
It was difficult to have all the food on the table with so little room.
The chicken reminded me of KFC. The ribs were tough but the sauce was really good. The mashed had skins in them and were very creamy. The beans were not very good. The strawberry shortcake was like something from sara lee.
The guys enjoyed there pitchers of bud lite and the sangaria was decent. I for the life of me could not swallow the warm white wine.
The show was really cute. It lasted for the entire meal. The show reminded me of a TV show we used to watch as kids on saturday night. I believe it was called "Hee Haw".
The teens and child laughed alot and we enjoyed spending the evening in a silly way.
It was fun to do once but it is not something I would "pay" to do again.

We love HDD. It is our first meal everytime. I suggested that we do something else this time and to say that it was not well received is an understatement. Our kids are 22, 17 and 13 and can't wait. They enjoy the dinner but it is really the atmosphere for us. You have to take it in the spirit that it is intended and just relax and enjoy. The idea of not going is just "un-bearable"....... Have a great trip!

Yea it was :thumbsup2 You in a cancan dress up on a stage might be the highlight of the year, let alone our trip!! :rotfl2: Bor!! Awesome.

:rolleyes1:banana: I aim to please. hahaha.

I say def do the HDDR at least once. I wouldn't go every trip, but I'd definitely say it's a must-do!

Great fun! Great food! Lots of laughs! We loved it!...even my teenagers, who are too cool for stuff like that! Go, and stop worrying about it being only fried chicken! It is way more than that! :rotfl2::cool1::banana::dance3:

After many years of going to WDW, we finally tried the HDDR (excuse was the cost). Well the price includes beer/wine/soda/tea, taxes, AND gratuity. It's an all-you-can-eat meal and the show is GREAT.

Definitely a good use of your time/money at WDW ... very good value when you factor in that it is all inclusive!!

IMO we love it. The more people the better. The food is good and the entertainment is great. I do however always get category 1 seating. We got cat 2 once and were seated upstairs and that ruined it for us. I always go with the 5:00 show so going back to where ever is easier . Hope this helps

We're an all adult crowd. We do HDDR every other year,
and I must say, we thoroughly enjoy it every time! My
DH asks every year if we're doing Hoop! It's great fun!

HDDR is lots of fun with lots and lots of good food!! I say go and enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter