Is Florida still asking folks from NY, NJ, and CT to quarantine upon arrival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
Is Florida still requiring a 14 day quarantine for folks flying in from NY, NJ, and CT...…...is this still a fact as of May 22nd?

Doug :goofy:

YES, at least until JULY 6th and it includes LA as well now, too.
So is this..."If you fly in from an airport in NY, NJ, or CT".........or.......if you just live in NY, NJ, or CT?

So is this..."If you fly in from an airport in NY, NJ, or CT".........or.......if you just live in NY, NJ, or CT?

Good question. I would think residency. I'll go click on some of the links they sent me in that email and check.

Edit: They are worded "point of departure." That couple mean departure of plane, OR home residence. It feels intentionally vague. I'll see if I can upload the PDFs here. Not sure it will let me.

EMAIL???? Email from who/where? :-)

Emails to me because I have reservations at a Florida State park coming up. It won't let me upload the 3 PDFs they linked to, explaining the law about how I must have proof of date of entering the state and 14 day quarantine before I could check in. I'm sure they went out to everyone with existing reservations. I just so happen to already live in Florida.

It would not let me attach the PDFs here. When I tried to just copy and paste, it messed up the formatting too bad for it to be readable.

I think WDW will open right about the same time the state regulations are lifted. I don't see them intersecting.

Emails to me because I have reservations at a Florida State park coming up. It won't let me upload the 3 PDFs they linked to, explaining the law about how I must have proof of date of entering the state and 14 day quarantine before I could check in. I'm sure they went out to everyone with existing reservations. I just so happen to already live in Florida.

It would not let me attach the PDFs here. When I tried to just copy and paste, it messed up the formatting too bad for it to be readable.

I think WDW will open right about the same time the state regulations are lifted. I don't see them intersecting.
I appreciate the information...…….

Not that I'm traveling to Florida this summer but I live in a region of NY state that has fewer cases per capita than Florida. While I appreciate the concern and believe that those travelling from hotspots should be smart about travel, this is more proof of how misguided these regulations are. I've left my home in rural Finger Lakes region of NY for necessities 5 times since March 13th and I'm not allowed to travel in Florida. A nurse who works in a Chicago hospital can though.

This isn't me slamming restrictions...personally I believe the only reason we aren't at 250k or more deaths is because we FINALLY decided to restrict ourselves. I just think that some restrictions should be more thought out.

Today Cuomo was asked if he was going to place restrictions on those coming from other states that are hotspots now. I don’t usually agree with him,but he said he thinks it is illegal and not right for any state to have restrictions on other states. So, now that NY is in better shape than a lot of other states he said he would not do what other states have done to NY. BTW...if no vaccine by end of year, I would assume no one from other states will be visiting NY for Christmas. How would people like being restricted during New Years Eve, Thanksgiving parade, Rockefeller Center, Belmont Stakes etc. But no worries... they will visit bring back to their state and still NY will be the villain.

Not that I'm traveling to Florida this summer but I live in a region of NY state that has fewer cases per capita than Florida. While I appreciate the concern and believe that those travelling from hotspots should be smart about travel, this is more proof of how misguided these regulations are. I've left my home in rural Finger Lakes region of NY for necessities 5 times since March 13th and I'm not allowed to travel in Florida. A nurse who works in a Chicago hospital can though.

This isn't me slamming restrictions...personally I believe the only reason we aren't at 250k or more deaths is because we FINALLY decided to restrict ourselves. I just think that some restrictions should be more thought out.
The majority of cases in Florida are genetically tracked to cases from NY. We don't want any more.

The majority of cases in Florida are genetically tracked to cases from NY. We don't want any more.
First off...I'm not sure you understand how a virus works if you believe Floridians are immune from Chicago, L.A. and Seattle Covid but not NY Covid. Second, there is more to NY than NYC.

But since you have immunity from these other "strains," then in that case by all means block us poisonous NYers from Florida. Also, since the virus hasn't mutated on US soil this is factually incorrect. What you MEANT to say is that those cases were from the European strain which is the same strain that impacted NY and Chicago as their airports are hubs for European travel.

As for your ignorant take on how you don't want "our" coronavirus cases, I'll just assume you are angry and stressed like everyone else and not actually implying that Floridians would rather not be a United part of the United States.

Even if you have a flight from somewhere else that connects through LA, NY, NJ, or CT and lands in FL, you are expected to quarantine.

Even if you have a flight from somewhere else that connects through LA, NY, NJ, or CT and lands in FL, you are expected to quarantine.
That is correct. But paper work and National guard will only meet you from flights from these states. If you fly from somewhere else no paperwork.

That is correct. But paper work and National guard will only meet you from flights from these states. If you fly from somewhere else no paperwork.
This is true. I live much closer to RI and MA than NYC so most people I know locally fly out of Providence. Some of my colleagues flew home to visit family in FL via Providence this week and they had no paperwork. I found that interesting since I didn’t know that before!

This is true. I live much closer to RI and MA than NYC so most people I know locally fly out of Providence. Some of my colleagues flew home to visit family in FL via Providence this week and they had no paperwork. I found that interesting since I didn’t know that before!
Interesting.....we just happen to be travelling out of Philadelphia this trip. So we apparently won't be stopped? I really am hoping that FL rescinds the rule before that........ 😟

Confused, so if someone flies from say Albany NY, connecting through Wash DC - they would have no paperwork and in theory not need to quarantine
but
if someone came from say Maine and connected in Newark NJ
they would have paperwork and expect to quarantine

Confused, so if someone flies from say Albany NY, connecting through Wash DC - they would have no paperwork and in theory not need to quarantine
but
if someone came from say Maine and connected in Newark NJ
they would have paperwork and expect to quarantine
Correct. It is apparently all about where the flight comes from just before landing in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter