• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Epcot worth going to before its refurb is over?

I count Club Cool! :p

I just imagine crowd control going to Future World west might be crazy during this process, depending on how they do it.
I’ll miss Club cool and all those contorted / disgusted faces from drinking Beverley or few of the others. We always stop there. Will also miss the fountains. Maybe Electric Umbrella slightly - the lack of dining right in FW, probably not miss Starbucks too much.

We love Epcot, and will be visiting four times during our upcoming August trip. I don't feel that the construction will really have a significant effect on our enjoyment of the park. The major attractions in Future World will still be open, and World Showcase is a beautiful place to spend an afternoon.

Thanks for the input! Seeing all the yes', I'll plan it.

We normally go to WDW yearly, around my spring break (which is quite early, typically the first week of March). This year or 2020, whenever we go, we'll probably do Epcot and AK.

YES!
While the entrance on both sides is a mess and entering the main gate is a mess as they continue the change, the rest of the park, so far, has not really been affected yet. That may change as they move the rehab further back to incorporate the fountain and innovention areas. Still, once you get past that area, it still won't be much different, for now.

Heading to EPCOT in August- can someone point me to where I can find more information about what is changing and what will be closed? Must have missed the posts somewhere! Thanks

We will be at Disney in less than 3 weeks and Epcot is always a good time. I think the entrance will be pretty much of a disaster but we will escape a lot of the mess. It should be done by the time we return (after this trip) in 2021.

I think so - other than club cool closing indefinitely and spaceship earth closing for refurb, the main issue is the construction walls. Most of the characters are relocating (except baymax possibly). There isn’t much in innoventions anymore. I have never eaten at the electric umbrella (won’t miss it) and Epcot has more counter service options than any other park. There are still plenty of things worth doing, like test track, soarin, frozen, mission space (although i preferred the old green vs the new one) Nemo and the seas, and living with the land. We personally love the world showcase and the foods. Also new restaurants are opening soon. I don’t think it’s a 2 day park anymore but it’s definitely worth a day (or a few hops with a park hopper).

I can't remember the last time I went into Innoventions other than Mouse Gear. There's plenty of places to eat so the EU and Starbucks closing/moving will be barely noticeable for us. I'll miss the fountain but it's not like I spent a lot of time there.

I don’t think it’s a 2 day park anymore but it’s definitely worth a day (or a few hops with a park hopper).
Anyone have other input on Epcot being a two day park or not? I was planning for two days at EP but if a majority believes that it only deserves one day or a few hops that may change the plan. Or is it more of a 1.5 day park?

Anyone have other input on Epcot being a two day park or not? I was planning for two days at EP but if a majority believes that it only deserves one day or a few hops that may change the plan. Or is it more of a 1.5 day park?
I know that on the old guidemaps it always said 2 days for Epcot but I really don't see it like that anymore. With 2 days you'd get a lot of repetition. You can really do all you want in 1 day I think

I think that my family would really love Epcot (we've never been), but with all this "ugly refurb," should we go before the new stuff is finished? Is it worth it? Or should we wait?

I was having this exact conversation with my husband today - should we even go to Epcot if it’s going to be full of construction? And we decided on “Yes!” We both talked about how on one of our trips occurred during the hub remodel at MK. Walls everywhere! But the fun we had is what we remember most. I feel it’s going to be the same at Epcot.
I would not let the remodels and closures keep you from enjoying all there is in the park. You’ll remember the fun far more than the construction. :)

Yes, I understand that. But there really aren't any attractions affected by those changes unless you cut the character photo-op location.

This^

Sure, it’ll be a little less appealing visually with all the construction but we’re not really losing anything attraction wise.

And World Showcase is remaining virtually untouched with the exception of a few additions, no take-always that I’m aware of (except Liberty Inn and most agree this isn’t a huge loss).

I vote go.

It really depends on what you want to do at Epcot. Do you want to go on all the attractions, (12 in total) see all the live entertainment (10 in total) and do meet and greets?maybe if you share what you and your family want to do then we could give a more educated answer

We can spend more than one day just in the World Showcase, but we really love Epcot, so YMMV. ;)

As for the construction, our next trip is planned for Food & Wine Festival time, 2020, so Future World will be a mess, but we're going to try to use the International Gateway entrance as much as possible to avoid the main entrance and spine areas when we first arrive.

But yeah, even with the construction we're planning 2 full Epcot days, plus the possibility of an extra evening or two to let the festival offerings be our dinner.

I'm going down in a few weeks for the 20 years event and I guess there may be some construction going on... not sure how much. Nonetheless, I would still go to Epcot but perhaps one full day or less. A lot of the future world attractions don't appeal to me any longer and some of those are being updated. I don't like the ridiculousness that Journey Into Your Imagination has become, I am not a fan of the new Test Track AT ALL, Mission Space isn't my thing be it the green side or the orange side...done it once, no real desire to do it again. I love Spaceship Earth and I'm a bit nervous about what changes will happen there. I love Soarin .. only experienced the new version once. I love Living with the Land boat ride and I actually enjoy the Seas pavillion... even the cute little attraction. World Showcase is a ton of fun for me... love the food and entertainment and the overall vibe. I absolutely love Illuminations so I'm going to see it twice during my trip... hopefully... heck, maybe thrice. LOL. All that said, there's still a lot to do depending on your likes/dislikes and construction is merely a temporary eyesore.

I vote go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter