Is Epcot worth going to before its refurb is over?

StarSpeckledSky

DIS Veteran
The title says it.

I think that my family would really love Epcot (we've never been), but with all this "ugly refurb," should we go before the new stuff is finished? Is it worth it? Or should we wait?

I would never wait for construction to end at Disney or you'll never get to go. They will always be adding or changing something so it's a good chance you will see construction no matter what. Is this a once in a lifetime trip where you are either going now or delaying it for the 50th anniversary? If that's the case waiting would probably be better so you can see everything done. If you plan to come back again I would go now.

If planning on going during special events such as Food and Wine this fall or the Christmas festivities, yes, definitely worth visiting (our upcoming trip). We typically enjoy being there during spring for Flower Garden as well, usually picking an early May stay.

If not going on a special event, I'd agree that the other parks are more appealing and deserve more time allocated. But I don't think I'd ever avoid it completely because of the refurb. You still have the 3 tier 1 attractions Test Track, Soarin', and Frozen, Living with the Land, which is one of our favorite attractions, Spaceship Earth, Seas, and World Showcase.

Like FSU girl said, unless you're not able to come back again for a long time, I'd visit EP now. If only able to visit once in several years, I'd target 2021 - 2022 for Brazil, Remy, and Guardians.

Last edited:

The title says it.

I think that my family would really love Epcot (we've never been), but with all this "ugly refurb," should we go before the new stuff is finished? Is it worth it? Or should we wait?

Very worth it, its not like HS where if you close down one small section of the park it turns into a half day park. Epcot just has so much to offer.

Definitely worth it! We love Epcot. And, unlike HS, most of the stuff that is being worked on is being moved to a temporary location, not closed completely. You may not get perfect pictures, but there is still plenty to do.

The title says it.

We are planning to hit Epcot on our next trip and don't mind the construction. For us as long as we can hit most of our favorite attractions, it's always worth the visit. We love Epcot.

I have a feeling the things they have planned are going to take a while, possibly 1-2 years...so I would say YES. Especially since it's mostly one half of Future World only, and almost none of the World Showcase.

The "refurb" is such a small portion of Epcot that other than a few construction walls it won't affect your experience.

The title says it.

We were just enjoying Epcot yesterday, and the refurb is not detracting from the beauty of the park at all. I would highly recommend visiting now because prices and crowds are only increasing. Our kids have been going since they were little, and they love it! (they are 14 and 10). It is honestly one of our family favorites. Have fun!

It's going to be a bit more than that. All of the Innoventions West and the Fountain are planned to be demolished, along with the work on the front of the park and possibly more things not announced yet
Yes, I understand that. But there really aren't any attractions affected by those changes unless you cut the character photo-op location.

It is planned that all construction\rehab is done in time for the 50th anniversary, 2021 (October, 1971)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter