IS CBR that bad?

csgsu

DIS Veteran
I have heard so much horror stories about this hotel that now im worried. I am going for my honeymoon in Oct. And now im strting to wonder if i made the right decision? I heard that the blankets have stains on them that there are roachs in the rooms and that the rooms are nasty and moldy. Someone please tell me there is nothing to worry about.

I haven't been there in about 3 years, but we found it to be a beautiful resort. We stayed in Martinique ground level, standard room and it was like having our own private garden right outside our door. We went looking for the bird poop that some report on that little island, but didn't really find any. Our room was fine (but then I didn't spend much time examining it really closely). Mousekeeping was great. If you are on the boards long enough you will find that these things are a bit cyclic with what resort is popular and which one is getting bashed. There may be a few well worn rooms, but I doubt they are all like that.
Hopefully someone who has been there more recently can help you out more.

We stayed there for our engagement trip in Dec 2001! The place was just lovely! Our room was great, and very clean. I wouldnt worry too much!

I can assure you, we have gone there several times and it was never anything but beautiful and impeccably clean, in fact it is one of my favorite resorts. I never have seen a single bug and the sheets have been snow white (no pun intended). Don't be worried about trying CBR, you won't be sorry. In the CBR FAQ thread I have links to my pictures from CBR, look and see for yourself that the condition of CBR is nothing short of wonderful.

There have been several dissatisfied reports lately but many more I am sure have had a great vacation at CBR. People are more likely to post a negative rather than a positive trip report.

I have stayed there many many times without a problem. The CM's at CBR are very helpful and if you do have a problem with anything they are usually very good about fixing it.

I also have pictures of the resort taken several months ago. I go to CBR quite often and I haven't seen it going downhill.

My DH and I stayed at CBR several times. We always enjoyed our trips there. The room was always clean and mousekeeping always nice and polite. The resort is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful trip. :D

My DH and I stayed at CBR several times. We always enjoyed our trips there. The room was always clean and mousekeeping always nice and polite. The resort is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful trip. :D

We had a lovely stay there last summer. The rooms were clean and bright. If you are worried about the bed linens, just ask housekeeping to change them when you get there.
Lucy's Mom:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Six of us were there in November and we loved CBR. Our room was super clean and had plenty of storage. The Mousekeepers were wonderful. We loved Parrot Cay Island, the Banana Cabana (have a Goombay Smash), the spacious grounds and the convenient food court.

Have a fantastic time and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

We have also stayed there before and found it to be beautiful resort as well as clean, friendly cm's and excellent bus transportation. The food court was also more than adequate. You should love it!::yes:: ;)

CBR is a beautiful resort. I have stayed there twice in the last 2 1/2 years and never had any problems. I guess you can always find someone that has had a horror story at any hotel but I wouldn't let that discourage me. I don't think that is the norm. :)

We stayed at CBR last fall and it was wonderfull The rooms were clean mousekeeping was awesome we always had a surprise waiting for us! The food court is excellent banana cabana is great and the landscaping really makes you feel as if you are in the caribbean! When we arrived our room was not ready and the cm put us in a ground floor room over looking the lake you could open the drapes at night and watch the fire works over the lake! Congrats on your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon!:D

Stayed at CBR last dec. '03. LOVED it and am having a hard time not returning there this dec (like going to a different one each time). I've never had a poor stay at any resort during one of my 9 trips.

Just returned from CBR last week. Spent eight days there in Trinidad North 31 over Easter. Also stayed there four years ago. Never encountered any of the problems you mentioned above. One morning we had an unusually long wait for an Animal Kingdom bus, but other than that everything was great. Our room was ready by noon the Weds before Easter. Housekeeping was great and a good time had by all.

k

Congradulations on your upcoming wedding! A Disney honeymoon is the greatest!

We stayed at Caribbean Beach last May for 3 days. We loved it. I don't remember the name of our building, but it was peaceful, quiet and clean. The grounds were well-maintained. We were a little hike from the food court, but found the walk to be beautiful and romantic. I would gladly stay at CB again.

We have stayed at CBR many times and will be there for a long weekend in Mid May. (just changed the ressies from Pop to CBR) We are DVC'ers but DH still likes the CBR, so much so that he wanted the change from Pop to CBR. We are saving our points from DVC for a longer stay in Sept. but really needed our Disney fix to tide us over ;). I would not worry one bit. That is a fantastic resort and like another poster said, you only see the bad reports not the good ones.
Go and enjoy, your trip will be what you make it.

We stayed there last June. We did NOT like the place BUT not because of any of the things you mentioned, infact we never saw a bug in our room & housekeeping did a wonderful job.
We did not like the spread out feeling of the resort, it just isn't for us.

I do think it is a lovely resort for people that don't mind that spread out feeling.

We had no idea where we were going to stay 2yrs ago. When we arrived at disney I called and the only room they had was at CSR (this way it made it more exciting-kinda a "surprise") Well, I will tell you that the grounds, people and food selection were great! It was just overall...... GREAT! The room was great also. Not a single complaint! I wouldn't worry, I would stick to your ressie and have FUN! That is what it is all about!:D

We stayed at the CBR this past December for the first time and loved it. Our room had a few old stains on the carpet, but that didn't bother me as I haven't stayed in a hotel yet that didn't if it had any age on it. The room was very clean and had no mold at all. We never encountered any bugs in the room either. Another plus with the CBR is that they have the largest rooms among the moderates. As Safetymom stated, if you would happen to have any problems the CMs are usually very helpful. I would hesitate in a minute to stay there again. You will have a great time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter