Is BLT 4th floor theme park view points?

Looking slightly right from my balcony.

Hello....OP here.......so DVC told me on the phone theme park view point rooms are all floors EXCEPT 1, 2, 15 & 16. I was in 7416 which was 4th floor. MS told me there are BOTH theme park and standard on this floor. I am going to try and post photos of my view. I know 2-3 yrs ago I was told "above the 4th floor". I asked MS about this and if there had been any changes. He told me he had not heard of any changes in past few years. So what do you all think about this?

1st - it's absolutely impossible that the 3rd floor has any remaining MK views. However it is the story that is told to members time after time when they call in. The point reallocation for 2013 moved 10 rooms out of the MK view into the standard view. At that time we already were seeing that the 1st and 2nd floors in the front of the U were being assigned to standard view bookings. So the 4th floor? I'd say it's unlikely that those are still MK views. I believe people have reported being assigned it as standard view and also MK views. They really need to produce the information on the views just as they did for the Boardwalk views.

Here's a quote of one write up on the reclassification:
"A number of rooms at Bay Lake Tower are being reclassified as of January 1, 2013. DVC reallocated points for the 2013 Vacation Point Charts making several rooms that we’re previously classified as Magic Kingdom view, now standard view. These 10 rooms had previously been classified in most expensive Magic Kingdom View room block. However, Disney listened to it’s fans and DVC owners who complained that these rooms were fairly obstructed and that they didn’t deserve to be in this category.
Increases and decreases within these two Resorts' point charts keep the total number of Vacation Points for each Resort unchanged, as dictated by the member contract, however Disney believes that the changes are “designed to better reflect the rooms' views.”

As an original long time BLT owner, meaning been many times in many rooms, I really wouldn’t be bummed if they just made all rooms be same point value. It would get rid of a lot of frustration since this happens often and many Lake views can see the park also.

1st - it's absolutely impossible that the 3rd floor has any remaining MK views. However it is the story that is told to members time after time when they call in. The point reallocation for 2013 moved 10 rooms out of the MK view into the standard view. At that time we already were seeing that the 1st and 2nd floors in the front of the U were being assigned to standard view bookings. So the 4th floor? I'd say it's unlikely that those are still MK views. I believe people have reported being assigned it as standard view and also MK views. They really need to produce the information on the views just as they did for the Boardwalk views.

Here's a quote of one write up on the reclassification:
"A number of rooms at Bay Lake Tower are being reclassified as of January 1, 2013. DVC reallocated points for the 2013 Vacation Point Charts making several rooms that we’re previously classified as Magic Kingdom view, now standard view. These 10 rooms had previously been classified in most expensive Magic Kingdom View room block. However, Disney listened to it’s fans and DVC owners who complained that these rooms were fairly obstructed and that they didn’t deserve to be in this category.
Increases and decreases within these two Resorts' point charts keep the total number of Vacation Points for each Resort unchanged, as dictated by the member contract, however Disney believes that the changes are “designed to better reflect the rooms' views.”

This is what I was thinking of! In order for them to have taken 10 rooms and changed them, it Had to include 3rd and 4th floor

I do not remember the floor, but whatever year was the first that you could book BLT for January marathon I booked a two bedroom, lake view As soon as non owners could book. I could see the pool, not the lake. I was refunded points because they agreed with me that the view was a standard one.

The Theme Park views are in the portion of the building above the lobby facing toward MK. See maps here https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-144. There are no rooms on the first floor in that area. Originally, the standard views there were only on the second floor, where there are just four rooms, two dedicated and two lock-off 2BRs. The third floor also has only four rooms, the fourth floor six rooms. The only way they could have done what they say they did in 2013, convert "10 rooms" from theme park view to standard view, was to convert at least all the theme parks rooms on the third and fourth floors to standard. If they are now claiming 3 and 4 are still theme park view, then they are either lying about the current status of the rooms or they were lying about the change made in 2013, and if the latter that means the raise in points made for theme park and lake view rooms that was done in 2013 to offset the decrease in points needed for the 10 theme park view rooms converted to standard was a total fraud and a violation of statute.

You should be contacting DVC member satisfaction and likely sending a letter directly to Teri Schultz to get a definitive answer.

Last edited:

The Theme Park views are in the portion of the building above the lobby facing toward MK. See maps here https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-144. There are no rooms on the first floor in that area. Originally, the standard views there were only on the second floor, where there are just four rooms, two dedicated and two lock-off 2BRs. The third floor also has only four rooms, the fourth floor five rooms. The only way they could have done what they say they did in 2013, convert "10 rooms" from theme park view to standard view, was to convert all the theme parks rooms on the third and fourth floors, plus one on the fifth floor, to standard. If they are now claiming 3 and 4 are still theme park view, then they are either lying about the current status of the rooms or they were lying about the change made in 2013, and if the latter that means the raise in points made for theme park and lake view rooms that was done in 2013 to offset the the decrease in points needed for the 10 theme park view rooms converted to standard was a total fraud and a violation of statute.

You should be contacting DVC member satisfaction and likely sending a letter directly to Teri Schultz to get a definitive answer.

Thanks for all of this. I agree that this does not make any sense and that someone has wrong information for sure.

I am pretty sure I will be writing. I would have gotten in to things deeper with MS on phone but I could see they had no clue what I was talking about or why I was not thrilled with paying premium points for a 4th floor room. Do the DVC experts----and I have been a Member for 19 yrs but this stuff still confuses me. But if they change points around...and made my room THEME PARK VIEW.....then didn't they have to make another room standard or lake to balance it all? Yes....they will be getting an email from me. Thanks for your photos and feedback!

The only way they could have done what they say they did in 2013, convert "10 rooms" from theme park view to standard view, was to convert at least all the theme parks rooms on the third and fourth floors to standard. If they are now claiming 3 and 4 are still theme park view, then they are either lying about the current status of the rooms or they were lying about the change made in 2013, and if the latter that means the raise in points made for theme park and lake view rooms that was done in 2013 to offset the decrease in points needed for the 10 theme park view rooms converted to standard was a total fraud and a violation of statute.

This is exactly it......and I really appreciate your input.

So am I. Hope they come back. Great information given.

OP - my 4th floor standard studio view from June 2015 looked exactly like your photos.

Not BLT related though it speaks to the room assignment issues; I just got back from BWV with a Pool/Garden room booked. I was given a room that looked directly at the Skyliner turn station and parking lot something not expected by all accounts on the boards (and DVC's own description of the views). I called the front desk who had to call MS and the back office to sort the situation out. After about 30 mins they straightened it out when some manager called and stated the room assigner didn't understand the view for DVC members. He explained that they would assign that to a cash guest but for a Point Booking it absolutely should not have been assigned to me. So overall I think DVC needs to really get it across to room assigners what are and aren't in the booking class. In all honesty I would prefer DVC to be listing out explicitly the room numbers in each category for members to have transparency. I will say BWV made the situation right when I promptly called after stepping into my room.

Personally I think they likely play with room assignments to keep certain guests happy over others, and they hope that the one getting the short end of the stick doesn't know what they were entitled (which is the appropriate term since it is what was paid for) and doesn't address the issue.

Any feedback OP?

And I agree about transparency - the list of views seem nebulous (across a few resorts) and should not be hard to firm up (especially since they are tied to points, which cannot change, right??? /s). It would be disheartening to find out that some members are getting the short straw, especially if they don't notice or can't/won't complain.

Just back from BLT. We were in 7214 Std View. Our friends were in 7514, 3 floors above us, also Standard View. We both had great views of fireworks, but I think they had a better overall view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!