Is BBB / Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique REALLY worth it?

Reviving this thread to ask a question. We have a MK BBB reservation at 5:30 - immediately before we attend MNSSHP in early October. In light of the news from tonight's first Halloween party and the LONG lines to meet Moana (who is a MUST see for my daughter), one poster has suggested that I reschedule BBB. Of course, it isn't easy to just reschedule it in MK - there is NO other availability either day that we will be in MK. We really don't want to go to DS just for BBB, although I suppose we could consider it.

So, with that said, is BBB worth it enough for me to potentially miss having my DD meet Moana? Even if Moana continues to meet starting at 6:45-7 and one of us gets in line super early, I'm not sure we would get out of BBB in time to get back in our place in line for Moana, which could mean a 2 hour wait for Moana. If they see how popular Moana is and bring her out earlier (like Sally and Jack), then that would completely throw us off because we would be IN BBB when she starts meeting. I suppose I could try to ask my daughter which she would rather do, but she's only 5 and she's never been to WDW. She was supposed to get the BBB makeover and be Belle for the MNSSHP, but she adores Moana and this has me rethinking our plans for the party day.

If you're looking for value for your dollar, no way is this a good deal ... you've paid for a park ticket, then you're paying again for BBB services ... and the results only last a day. Value for the dollar? No. You can argue memories or worthwhile splurges, but not value.

Options with better value:

- Face painting. It costs less, produces the same wow factor, and lasts just as long as the fancy hair.
- A costume, which lasts longer and can become part of a dress-up box at home.
- A bit of fancy dress-up in the form of Mickey ears, glitter hair spray, or similar.

Reviving this thread to ask a question. We have a MK BBB reservation at 5:30 - immediately before we attend MNSSHP in early October. In light of the news from tonight's first Halloween party and the LONG lines to meet Moana (who is a MUST see for my daughter), one poster has suggested that I reschedule BBB. Of course, it isn't easy to just reschedule it in MK - there is NO other availability either day that we will be in MK. We really don't want to go to DS just for BBB, although I suppose we could consider it.

So, with that said, is BBB worth it enough for me to potentially miss having my DD meet Moana? Even if Moana continues to meet starting at 6:45-7 and one of us gets in line super early, I'm not sure we would get out of BBB in time to get back in our place in line for Moana, which could mean a 2 hour wait for Moana. If they see how popular Moana is and bring her out earlier (like Sally and Jack), then that would completely throw us off because we would be IN BBB when she starts meeting. I suppose I could try to ask my daughter which she would rather do, but she's only 5 and she's never been to WDW. She was supposed to get the BBB makeover and be Belle for the MNSSHP, but she adores Moana and this has me rethinking our plans for the party day.
Given the circumstances, I would skip BBB. It sounds like she'd rather meet Moana. FWIW, when I took my twin daughters to BBB at age 9, we witnessed a few little ones aged 5 and under crying and miserable. It can be stressful for them to sit in the chair for that long and the hair styles can be very uncomfortable.

If you're looking for value for your dollar, no way is this a good deal ... you've paid for a park ticket, then you're paying again for BBB services ... and the results only last a day. Value for the dollar? No. You can argue memories or worthwhile splurges, but not value.

Options with better value:

- Face painting. It costs less, produces the same wow factor, and lasts just as long as the fancy hair.
- A costume, which lasts longer and can become part of a dress-up box at home.
- A bit of fancy dress-up in the form of Mickey ears, glitter hair spray, or similar.

Yeah, I'm not really concerned about the value. We're taking our own princess dress and accessories.

Given the circumstances, I would skip BBB. It sounds like she'd rather meet Moana. FWIW, when I took my twin daughters to BBB at age 9, we witnessed a few little ones aged 5 and under crying and miserable. It can be stressful for them to sit in the chair for that long and the hair styles can be very uncomfortable.

Well, it turns out I don't know my daughter as well as I thought! I just flat out asked her today which she would prefer (meeting Moana or princess makeover) and she, with no hesitation, picked getting her hair and makeup done! So, if we can meet Moana, great, but if not, we're sticking with BBB.

I don't think BBB is ever about value. It is about experience and doing it while you child is at the age that they will enjoy it. It didn't exist when my kids were small, but if it had we would have been all over it. We even hang out behind the castle for a few minutes every day that we are in the MK because we love seeing the little princesses.

Have fun.

Yeah, I'm not really concerned about the value. We're taking our own princess dress and accessories.

Well, it turns out I don't know my daughter as well as I thought! I just flat out asked her today which she would prefer (meeting Moana or princess makeover) and she, with no hesitation, picked getting her hair and makeup done! So, if we can meet Moana, great, but if not, we're sticking with BBB.
Well, sounds like the choice is made! Have fun!

Those are perfectly legitimate answers, but the OP said that it would be a financial stretch and asked if it was worth the money. If you're not using money as a guideline, that's fine -- but it's not the question that was asked.

Yeah, the original thread is old. I was just kind of hijacking it to ask my own question, lol.

Yeah, the original thread is old. I was just kind of hijacking it to ask my own question, lol.
I would keep calling to see if you can get an earlier appt. many times someone cancels even the day before. If you already have a park ticket then it won't matter if you get it done earlier. We tend to do the 1st appt of the day and it typically takes an hour from check in to changing into our costumes we bring, getting all dolled up. If you want her pic taken then you may have to wait. It took us 1.5-1.75 hours for everything including pics. Their hair and makeup stayed all day so if you can get any time earlier then I would do it.

We had the bun style done on Friday afternoon before the party. Just a heads up- if your daughter ends up choosing this option, make sure your stylist is putting the pony tail in tight. With no gel or strong hold hairspray being used now, the style didn't hold at all. We had to go back within two hours to have it redone. Luckily, they took us right in and the second fairy godmother did an excellent job. It even lasted a full second park day.

I know you have it worked out but I did want to say that changing to BBB at DS wouldn't be a bad thing really. It is sooo nice there now. I did get to see it even if our little princess refused to get it done after we got there and paid for it. Princess, not a princess. :sad2:

I would keep calling to see if you can get an earlier appt. many times someone cancels even the day before. If you already have a park ticket then it won't matter if you get it done earlier. We tend to do the 1st appt of the day and it typically takes an hour from check in to changing into our costumes we bring, getting all dolled up. If you want her pic taken then you may have to wait. It took us 1.5-1.75 hours for everything including pics. Their hair and makeup stayed all day so if you can get any time earlier then I would do it.

Thanks. I just moved all of our FP to the afternoon (same day as our MNSSHP). So, if we could get BBB done maybe mid-morning it would work, but I decided to make that day a late arrival day so I don't think I'll be able to just move it up a few hours with the FP. I'll have to see how the other parties go to see if they continue bringing Moana out around 6:45/7 or if they start to bring her out earlier like Jack & Sally. That will definitely affect when/whether we decided to stand in line and try to work around BBB. DH said last night that he doesn't mind standing in line some and switching off as needed, so we'll see how it goes.

I know you have it worked out but I did want to say that changing to BBB at DS wouldn't be a bad thing really. It is sooo nice there now. I did get to see it even if our little princess refused to get it done after we got there and paid for it. Princess, not a princess. :sad2:

Awww, that's awful, lol! At least I know mine is definitely on board with the makeover! I may try to call again today and see what they have at DS. We could always let stepD and DH sleep in while me/DD bus over to DS for BBB. If I could at least get it booked, then I could decide later which one we want to keep.

Thanks. I just moved all of our FP to the afternoon (same day as our MNSSHP). So, if we could get BBB done maybe mid-morning it would work, but I decided to make that day a late arrival day so I don't think I'll be able to just move it up a few hours with the FP. I'll have to see how the other parties go to see if they continue bringing Moana out around 6:45/7 or if they start to bring her out earlier like Jack & Sally. That will definitely affect when/whether we decided to stand in line and try to work around BBB. DH said last night that he doesn't mind standing in line some and switching off as needed, so we'll see how it goes.

Awww, that's awful, lol! At least I know mine is definitely on board with the makeover! I may try to call again today and see what they have at DS. We could always let stepD and DH sleep in while me/DD bus over to DS for BBB. If I could at least get it booked, then I could decide later which one we want to keep.

That would be a great idea and she'd have it done for longer in the day. Enjoy the entire experience. The place is amazing! In our case, she was so excited about it and even bragged to her daddy that she was doing it, but then got there and refused. LOL The fun of being a little girl.

We did it at the one in MK. I don't regret it at all. My DD was one week shy of her 4th birthday when we went. She LOVED the princesses and thought they were totally real. I booked an appointment before the park opened so no missing rides and it definitely didn't take 2 hours. Our appointment was like an hour before the park opened and we were done with enough time to take some pictures in front of the castle with n one else around.We took our own dress mostly b/c it was mid-July and super hot so I wanted her in something cool. We did the package with hair, makeup and nails. Then we went to Expo hall and did a photo session there which was put on our photopass card. Worth every dime I paid for this photo!100_1153.jpg

We went from BBB to dinner in the Castle. Granddaughter was 4 and still talks about her stylist, Flo. (She is 9) It was the best experience we have ever had at Disney. Worth every penny & time.

We went from BBB to dinner in the Castle. Granddaughter was 4 and still talks about her stylist, Flo. (She is 9) It was the best experience we have ever had at Disney. Worth every penny & time.
ABout how much is the lowest package cost? ANd if you buy the costumes there?

ABout how much is the lowest package cost? ANd if you buy the costumes there?

Here is the lowest package. It's what we are doing next month. We bought a Belle costume at the Disney store to take with us. I also found Belle crocs on Amazon and ordered a Belle tiara and wand from the Disney store. I am just prepping my daughter that we already have the costume and she knows she is going to be Belle, so hopefully that will prevent her from wanting to buy a different dress while we're there.

upload_2017-9-13_11-17-4.png

Here is the most expensive package that includes the dress, crown, and wand. I don't know how much we really saved by buying all of it ourselves, but I could try to look it up. The shoes were probably the most expensive thing we got because I wanted them to be comfortable and Crocs aren't the cheapest shoes.

upload_2017-9-13_11-17-38.png

I did this when my oldest DD was 4 she LOVED it! and now that she is 12 says it was the best experience ever and the pictures are priceless. I am now planning the same for my DD8 it will be her first time she looks at the pictures and says she want that too, we did take our own dress and did the least expensive package immediately went across took pictures and had breakfast in the Castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter