Is anyone else watching this program??

Yes, in the books, Gran dies early on.
Seriously, read the books. It does give a whole new twist to the series if you know some of the things in there.

Some of the (not so very spoilery, esp. if you've watched all the eps) differences so far.

Tara and Lafayette (and to a certain point, Jason) are not as major characters. Tara certainly doesn't have near as much personality, and Lafayette is much more flaming, and not a drug dealer.

Nothing happens btwn Tara and Sam.

Jason does not take V.

There's a lot less sex (it's all from Sookie's viewpoint, so the only sex we see is what she's directly involved in).

The Bellefleurs are much more frequent characters (Andy Bellefleur and his sister and grandmother).

No Bubba on the show yet (you won't get this unless you read the books!)

Wow...There are some major differences....Lots of sex...and Jason and Tara are fairly "main" characters on the show.....Were there as many deaths right away in the book as on the show? It seems like there has been a death every week....Soon, they will run out of people! I guess I am going to have to break down and get the books!:happytv:

Jason becomes more major in later books, but he's never a huge character.

And yes, there are a lot of deaths. Charlaine Harris started as a mystery fiction writer, (well, still is) so murders are a frequent occurence.

I highly suggest her other supernatural series if you want to read something that won't spoil you, the Harper Connelly series. It's about a woman who was hit by lightning when she was a teenager and now can tell where dead people are and when close/in contact with them she can tell how they died. The books are "Grave Sight", "Grave Surprise" and "An Ice Cold Grave".

OK.. sorry I did not get back here. I think I am in shock... it bothered me that he bit her. It took away the purity, like why couldn't he love her without biting her. I am a hopeless romantic and now want to know the ramifications of the bite.. will she become his love slave, will she become a vampire?? What does it mean??

I have the first three books. I am going to have to read like a maniac to figure this out.

I have the 1st book, but have not started reading it yet, I figured they changed some things for the show, so I am waiting til the season is done before I read it.
then I will have to read them all!
or should I start now! what to do! what to do!
I don't think Sookie will be a vampire from the bite, I think he has to drink most of her blood, then she has to drink his to become a vampire, is that right?

This looks pretty awesome!
I loved Buffy. It was my favorite show...my gf got me the whole series on DVD as a Christmas gift, lol...so awesome.
I wish I had HBO!!!!

Sookie did drink some of Bill's blood after she was attacked by that couple...and she didn't turn into a vampire....It resulted in a "deep connection" between the two of them....Which leads me to this question...

Jason drank a little vial of "V"...(isn't that the blood from a vampire?) He freaked out with all of the "side effects"....Sookie drank a lot of Bill's blood (to save her life after the attack)...Wouldn't you think she would have had even stronger "side effects"? But, she didn't. :confused3 :happytv:

She did drink a lot of his blood..he said it would heighten her senses, he would be able to know when she needed him and it would increase her libido..hence the visit in the nightgown running through the cemetary..

Obviously Jason does not need any help in the libido department....personally his character makes me crazy.. I am thinking the V is making him a little crazy.....like someone on illegal steroids??

Tara and Sam.. what is going on there? Are they an item?? I thought Sam loved Sookie..

ok.. so Sookie drank his blood and it brought her back to life, she did not become a vampire then. He drank her blood so now what does that mean?? She is his and they are connected forever? I am not happy about the bite.. sorry.. I wanted him to love her without the biting part.. LOLOLOL

I agree...I don't want her to be a vampire either...You know they will get together...and then break up...The make up scene would be much better knowing she was still all human...:rotfl:

Yep..I don't think Jason needs his "V" either!!!!! WHEW!

I am sorry.. I gave in, I am reading the first book. I had to.. I need to know what is going on. So far, I have to admit, they have stayed relatively close to the book....I am only in beginning though....Maude is dead, the Rats are dead, and he is coming to speak to the Glorious Dead. I cannot believe I am talking in True Blood lingo. LOLOL

It grows on you, doesn't it? I know...When I try to explain to my friends that I have really been involved in watching a "vampire" series...They just look at me and shake their heads!:banana: :rotfl: :lmao:

It grows on you, doesn't it? I know...When I try to explain to my friends that I have really been involved in watching a "vampire" series...They just look at me and shake their heads!:banana: :rotfl: :lmao:

Yup, it definitely grows on you! I just watched the last episode and I agree with others, Bill biting Sookie is disturbing. I'm hoping it's a dream sequence but I don't think so.

Maybe I am turning into a vampire romantic, i liked the bite. I think it connects them.
I still haven't started reading yet.

Sunday is tough because Dexter is on at the same time, I usually watch Dexter that night and then watch True Blood later in the week. It figures - I don't watch TV much but they put these 2 shows on at the same time.

Nothing takes precedence for me over True Blood.. I have to watch Sunday and then maybe rewatch during the week so that I am ready for the following Sunday.. I am over the top.

By the way, I hate that the other vampires are coming to the town.....I am so upset that they went into Merlotte's to cause trouble.. They better not start with Sookie and Bill....

What's really bad is that I recite the "G Rated" version of each episode to my grandchildren. The two girls said, "Oh No! How could Bill BITE Sookie like that? I thought he LOVED her!" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :laughing: :laughing:

So funny.. see even your granchildren did not want Bill to bite Sookie, I am not alone. I think I am over the top with this....you are going to make get off the computer and start reading the book... I just do not want to get ahead of the story, but then I do want to know what is going to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter