Is anyone cruising with me on the August 27th 2011 Meditteranean Cruise? Hellooooo?

Must edit.. "Diamondnique"... I think that's how it's spelled.

What dining do you have? First or second?

I kind of liked "diamond nic" .
We are first seating because the boys are early to rise and early to bed. I hope it does not impact to much on our port excursions.

Good luck on the airfare, where are you flying from?

We're flying in from Toronto or Buffalo or Detroit. :lmao: Which ever is cheapest. Historically the flights are at their cheapest between 3 and 3 1/2 months before you would like to fly, which means in the next couple of weeks but I really haven't seen any movement and I'm not really expecting too much but you can always hope!:thumbsup2 I'm looking at American websites as the price seems to be the same but in US dollars that for once favours us!;)

We're flying in from Toronto or Buffalo or Detroit. :lmao: Which ever is cheapest. Historically the flights are at their cheapest between 3 and 3 1/2 months before you would like to fly, which means in the next couple of weeks but I really haven't seen any movement and I'm not really expecting too much but you can always hope!:thumbsup2 I'm looking at American websites as the price seems to be the same but in US dollars that for once favours us!;)

So happy you are able to make the cruise!!:goodvibes

Too bad I did not know you were looking from Toronto, Air Canada had a seat sale a few weeks ago and it was $1100 which I think is the best you are going to get. Have you tried AirTransat, they are a charter company but the have direct flights to Barcelona.

I know the weekend flights are pretty much full so you may need to look for a Monday departure from Barcelona to find a decent price.

I can get Luftanza (flying on the Air Canada planes) for $1100 now. Unfortunately Airtransat flies out before the cruise gets back then we have to stay in Barcelona for almost another week! :scared1: Talk about a hotel bill!

If you happen to see any other deals though, feel free to pass them on!

I have been reading the passporter about all the ship activities. I need to make sure that on some of the port days we get back early enough to enjoy the ship. Hadley as our official med cruise expert (or anyone else that knows) can you please tell me if the activities are on while the ships are in port and if it is difficult to get you children OFF the boat because they want to take part in the on board fun?

I have been reading the passporter about all the ship activities. I need to make sure that on some of the port days we get back early enough to enjoy the ship. Hadley as our official med cruise expert (or anyone else that knows) can you please tell me if the activities are on while the ships are in port and if it is difficult to get you children OFF the boat because they want to take part in the on board fun?

Hi sorry to barge in, but can you point me in the direction of the "passporter"

There is a website- I think passporter.com.au but I was referring to the book. There is a comprehensive DCL book by passporter that includes reviews if the ports, the recommended excursions, complete details about everything on the boat etc. Kind of the combined knowledgeof the disboards in a book. I think it is reasonably well done but not as good as my fave Disney book, the unofficial guide to WDW.

The 2011 DCL Passporter book is supposed to be released any day now! You can pre-order in on Amazon!

I am thinking of booking another cruise while I am on board (a 3 night cruise in Oct. 2012) Does anyone know what the OBC would be?:goodvibes

The 2011 DCL Passporter book is supposed to be released any day now! You can pre-order in on Amazon!

I am thinking of booking another cruise while I am on board (a 3 night cruise in Oct. 2012) Does anyone know what the OBC would be?:goodvibes

I don't know DCL's OBC but I can't see it more than $50. If you book online you get a $25 credit. And if you pay it off with a Disney Visa you get another $50 credit. The booking discount is also 10%. I'm hoping to be able to rebook my 5 night Canada cruise while onboard.

Does the new Passporters have Med info? I heard that was sorely lacking with the previous editions.

Does the new Passporters have Med info? I heard that was sorely lacking with the previous editions.

From what I have heard, the 2011 book is supposed to have alot of Med info! I have it pre-ordered. I hope I get it before I move in a few weeks!

I pulled out the Navigators from last years Dover to Barcelona cruise which was 5 ports in 8 days so I imagine the activities will be similar for the 7 day med cruises. The kids clubs had a full slate of activities from as soon as the ship docked till late in the day, but family and adult activites were pretty sparse until about 2:00 in the afternoon.

I had told my kids that we would get off at each port for half a day and they were fine with that but they were eager to head back to the ship, not for the kids clubs but for the empty pools.

My kids have never spent much time in the clubs, my oldest my go for an hour a day, but I should warn you the "coolest" activities always seem to be after 10:00 at night which makes it hard to get them up in the morning.

Thanks. My boys are not so taken with the pools. We live around the corner from the local pool and a five minute drive from the beach so, given our climate, they are pretty much same old same old with water play. They do like to join in organised activities though, so I will use your idea and prep them now for expectations of on and off the boat time.

We had to cancel our 2 rooms tday. We were going with my parents and my mom just got a really bad medical prognosis. There is no way she could be that far away from home. I hope you have a wonderful time! Please remove us from the fish extender list we were under delauzons and had 2 Cat 10 C rooms.

4 months to go.

Re thinking my hotel choices, do not want to stay in the same hotel twice, so I booked Hotel Jazz for precruise.

Also re thinking Disneyland Paris, flight has changed and now arrive at 7:00am, know I will not get any sleep. I figure if I made it awake till 8:00
PM I will be doing well, is it worth it going to the park from say 11:00-7:00 in the summer? Add in to the mix through connections I can get a 5 star hotel on the Champs -Élysées for 1/4 the Price of Disneyland Paris. I could spend the afternoon wandering the Streets of Paris then crash in style.

We had to cancel our 2 rooms tday. We were going with my parents and my mom just got a really bad medical prognosis. There is no way she could be that far away from home. I hope you have a wonderful time! Please remove us from the fish extender list we were under delauzons and had 2 Cat 10 C rooms.
delauzons, I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is better very soon. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

4 months to go.

Re thinking my hotel choices, do not want to stay in the same hotel twice, so I booked Hotel Jazz for precruise.

Also re thinking Disneyland Paris, flight has changed and now arrive at 7:00am, know I will not get any sleep. I figure if I made it awake till 8:00
PM I will be doing well, is it worth it going to the park from say 11:00-7:00 in the summer? Add in to the mix through connections I can get a 5 star hotel on the Champs -Élysées for 1/4 the Price of Disneyland Paris. I could spend the afternoon wandering the Streets of Paris then crash in style.
We are staying at the Hotel Jazz as well! We will be there from the 25th!:goodvibes

I definitely think DLP is doable in a day. You could still stay in Paris as it is only a train ride away. The last time we were in Paris, we went to DLP for the day and stayed right near the Eiffel tower. It was August, and I didn't think it was too crowded. We actually got to go on quite a few rides! Chef Mickey's wasn't crowded either. Make sure you grab some fast passes and you should do fine. DLP is pretty small IMO.

If I remember correctly, it took about 35-40 minutes to get from Charles de Gaulle Etoile (at Arc de Triomphe) to DLP (Marne La Vallée–Chessy). The train stops directly in front of the entrance. The price was about €6,00 each way.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter