Is a Honey Baked Ham worth the money?

I love Honeyham and could eat the whole ham by myself. I do consider them expensive. I bought a nice honey spiral ham at Aidi's that is really good. I got for 10 bucks to.

My mom gets a spiral sliced ham that comes with a glaze from either Costco or Sam's Club...and we LOVE it! Definitely amazing for the price! :goodvibes

We have gotten a Honey Baked Ham for Christmas for as long as I can remember. And the funny part is my family doesn't really eat ham any other time of the year. This year the HBH was just not in the budget. We were given a Spiral Sliced Ham from Sam's. We took off a few slices tonight for dinner (served cold, I do not like ham heated because it seems to dry it out) and we enjoyed it just as much - and the price on it was almost half of what the HBH would have been. We will be snacking on it all week long. My dad and stepmom will be serving a canned ham for Christmas dinner at their house (YUCK!).

I just picked up my HBH today for Christmas dinner. We have 6 adults and 2 pre-schoolers for dinner - I got an 8 lb ham. I love the left overs!

For DD's baptism we were serving brunch and I decided to do a ham with rolls so people could make a sandwich in additon to the casseroles. I figured since it would be in a sandwich I would just do a Costco ham (MIL raves about them). It was just OK, couldn't hold a candle to a HBH.

My tip - a HBH will stay good in your fridge for 6-8 days, pick it up a few days before the holiday rush. Seriously we have waited in line over an hour to pick up our ham even on 12.23.

Here's a budget frustration. My sister is friends with the President of Honey Baked Ham. I think they train for triathlons together. Do you think I get a discount? Nope. I get the same coupons in the paper that everyone else does. Darn. One of these days it would be nice if that friendship paid off for me. :lmao:

Well I went today and picked up a Honey Baked ham that is a little over 3 lbs. They only had the boneless hams since we didn't call in an order. The cost was $32 and none of the coupons on the website worked.

We are having our holiday dinner tomorrow night so here is hoping that it is worth it!

I didn't want a ton of leftovers so that is why we went with a smaller ham. We have a TON of side dishes as well so I think we will have more than enough for 1 meal.

There was no line at all and the store had a nice display of samples so you could try both kinds of turkey and the ham while you waited. The turkey was YUMMY so we may try that next year.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Well I went today and picked up a Honey Baked ham that is a little over 3 lbs. They only had the boneless hams since we didn't call in an order. The cost was $32 and none of the coupons on the website worked.

We are having our holiday dinner tomorrow night so here is hoping that it is worth it!

I didn't want a ton of leftovers so that is why we went with a smaller ham. We have a TON of side dishes as well so I think we will have more than enough for 1 meal.

There was no line at all and the store had a nice display of samples so you could try both kinds of turkey and the ham while you waited. The turkey was YUMMY so we may try that next year.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

The smoked turkey is YUMMY! I tried to get my mom to let me buy this for Thanksgiving instead of her flavorless turkey :rolleyes1. But she said No. (PS, I didn't tell her that her turkey was flavorless!). At Easter they had a special where you got the turkey breast for $19.99 with a ham purchase, so I got the turkey too. And I fell in love.

Maggie

The smoked turkey is YUMMY! I tried to get my mom to let me buy this for Thanksgiving instead of her flavorless turkey :rolleyes1. But she said No. (PS, I didn't tell her that her turkey was flavorless!). At Easter they had a special where you got the turkey breast for $19.99 with a ham purchase, so I got the turkey too. And I fell in love.

Maggie

They had that special going today too but it was just going to be too much food for us to have both for our group.

I may go back and get some of the Honey Mustard though. That was so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter