Is 7 nights at Aulani too many ?

You're right - most of Hawaii is a dead zone after 8pm. This was particularly true for us at Aulani, as two adults. After dinner and once the pools were closed, we really lacked for things to do in the evenings during our Aulani stay. Most nights we were back in the room by 9pm watching Netflix. At least in Waikiki, we could have an after dinner drink along the strip enjoying live music or even fireworks on some nights. We also found that since we came from the east coast, we were wide awake by 4am our first few days.
Have you ever tried maintaining that internal clock for the duration of the trip? I try to keep 5am to 8pm waking hours for as long as possible. It lets you hit all of the good hikes at sunrise and makes it much easier to adjust back to real life when you go home.

We fell in love with Hawaii in 2017 and returned in 2018. We stayed 14 days each time. HOWEVER, I checked out of Aulani early after 3 nights. It was just not for us. We much prefer the more luxurious hotels in Wakikiki - the vibe there - the real beach there - the eateries there. Just more upscale feeling with more to do. Aulani is remote as you know. Watch some YOUTUBE videos and map out your day on things you could do to enterain youself. Maybe you love just hanging around for resort days? We are good for 1 or 2 of those and then ready to move on. I did not even bother visiting Aulani the following summer. The SPA is FABULOUS!

We fell in love with Hawaii in 2017 and returned in 2018. We stayed 14 days each time. HOWEVER, I checked out of Aulani early after 3 nights. It was just not for us. We much prefer the more luxurious hotels in Wakikiki - the vibe there - the real beach there - the eateries there. Just more upscale feeling with more to do. Aulani is remote as you know. Watch some YOUTUBE videos and map out your day on things you could do to enterain youself. Maybe you love just hanging around for resort days? We are good for 1 or 2 of those and then ready to move on. I did not even bother visiting Aulani the following summer. The SPA is FABULOUS!
Wow, I get that everyone has different preferences but this is legitimately the first time I've ever heard anyone describe Aulani as insufficiently luxurious.

The only resort that'd I'd absolutely describe as more luxurious than Aulani would be the Four Seasons right next door. Maybe Halekulani? I genuinely can't begin to fathom how someone would rank the "vibe" in Waikiki as more upscale than Ko Olina.

Wow, I get that everyone has different preferences but this is legitimately the first time I've ever heard anyone describe Aulani as insufficiently luxurious.

The only resort that'd I'd absolutely describe as more luxurious than Aulani would be the Four Seasons right next door. Maybe Halekulani? I genuinely can't begin to fathom how someone would rank the "vibe" in Waikiki as more upscale than Ko Olina.

There are a few of us out that are not Aulani fans:) I think the problem was we stayed at the HAlekulani for 6 nights THEN transferred to Aulani and it just paled for us in comparison. Halekulani is AMAZING. If you ever get the chance to try it, do so! :) We fell in love with that place and returned for 2 weeks the following summer! After leaving Aulani early we returned there to finish our vacation. A HUGE part of it - just so QUIET. You would think crazy busy but they have casual gaurds outside to prevent the foot traffic and you honestly think you are the only guest there. I never shared an elevator with anyone the whole time we were there. There might have been 5 people in the courtyard. It is hard to fathrom but the place is sold out and no one is lingering there or walking the grounds. It is like you are it.

There are a few of us out that are not Aulani fans:) I think the problem was we stayed at the HAlekulani for 6 nights THEN transferred to Aulani and it just paled for us in comparison. Halekulani is AMAZING. If you ever get the chance to try it, do so! :) We fell in love with that place and returned for 2 weeks the following summer! After leaving Aulani early we returned there to finish our vacation. A HUGE part of it - just so QUIET. You would think crazy busy but they have casual gaurds outside to prevent the foot traffic and you honestly think you are the only guest there. I never shared an elevator with anyone the whole time we were there. There might have been 5 people in the courtyard. It is hard to fathrom but the place is sold out and no one is lingering there or walking the grounds. It is like you are it.
Zero appeal to me whatsoever haha. I'd much rather be at the fun/busy resort in the quiet neighborhood than the quite resort in the fun/busy neighborhood.

Let me preface my remarks by saying that we have stayed at Aulani 5 times so far, with # 6 scheduled for later this year. We've also spent 2 nights in Waikiki and we've also done the 7-night NCL cruise around the islands. All of our stays at Aulani have been in a Grand Villa.

So with that background, I'd say that we find the accomidationis and amenities at Aulani to be very good. Certainly not up to 4S or Halekulai standards, but still very, very good. We've gone to the Sunday brunch at the Aalekulani a couple of times witch gave us a good insight into the quality of that resort. We've also gone over to the 4S during our visits. Yes, those resorts have some more upscale offerings than you'll find at Aulani.

During each of our visits to Hawaii we have spend a fair amount of time in Waikiki. We've done extensive shopping and dining in Waikiki. From our view, its a big, touristy city on the water. Yes, a very beautiful location. But a city, with all the urban pluses and minuses. Lots of traffic. Lots of "tourist traps". But also lots of uniquely Hawaiian experiences where you can enjoy this island paradise.

Anyway, to the quoted text, we find that Aulani feels more upscale that Waikiki. Perhaps its more a case of not better, not worse, just different?

We“re doing 5 days in KawauI and 9 days in Aulani , but exploring the whole Island.

We have usually only spent a few nights at Aulani - this February we are going for 7. I think it depends on what your goals are. Post-pandemic, we’ll be happy to plunk down in a ‘chill-spot’ for 7 days, we are leaving adventuring for later on in 2022 when we’re feeling more confident about what’s going on in the world. We will also be spending 7 days on Waikiki beach during the Feb trip. We have never stayed put for so long in one spot/on one island but are being more cautious travellers post-pandemic. This will be our first ‘day out’ since Feb 2020!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter