Ireland Trip Report **Finally Finished...Sort of p.13**

is the plastic part square and the prongs pop out of it? That is what I have for the Ipod. There's definitely writing on it. Try looking at the Iphone itself. Or google Iphone voltage and see what people say about it.

Shannon,

I don't have an iPod phone but if you can't find the voltage reading on your charger I would call Apple, since they were having problems with 3G phone chargers. Apple Support

#5 or WA-7 are the types of adapter you need for any appliance that is marked with a 100/240 v range (all the newer electronic devices should have this) at the hotels we stayed in.

The adapter I used in Ireland for my Samsung phone, ipod (music) and curling iron was #5. I did not need a converter. All of my appliances were two prongs.

The Westin and Dromoland Castle had one adapter already plugged into an outlet in the room. Dromoland Castle had two 'American' outlets where no plug adapter was necessary.

Now you got me curious so I googled the 757-400er and found this on another forum:

I am a Flt Att for DL and there are no in-seat videos on the 400. There are TV monitors located in the cieling above the aisles to watch video. Have fun and thx 4 flyying on the best airlines in the world.

Thanks for looking! But that totally contradicts what seatguru.com said, which said they have individual screens. :confused3 Oh well, not much I can do about it, is there? I will found out soon enough though and report back. :thumbsup2

Shannon,

I don't have an iPod phone but if you can't find the voltage reading on your charger I would call Apple, since they were having problems with 3G phone chargers. Apple Support

#5 or WA-7 are the types of adapter you need for any appliance that is marked with a 100/240 v range (all the newer electronic devices should have this) at the hotels we stayed in.

The adapter I used in Ireland for my Samsung phone, ipod (music) and curling iron was #5. I did not need a converter. All of my appliances were two prongs.

The Westin and Dromoland Castle had one adapter already plugged into an outlet in the room. Dromoland Castle had two 'American' outlets where no plug adapter was necessary.

Thanks for your help and info!!! :goodvibes

is the plastic part square and the prongs pop out of it? That is what I have for the Ipod. There's definitely writing on it. Try looking at the Iphone itself. Or google Iphone voltage and see what people say about it.

ok, I went back to dissect my phone and charger and I found what I was looking for. It is printed onto the actual plastic where the prongs out (they are out all the time, do not pop out and go back in though). Anyway, I needed a magnifying glass to actually read the stupid writing it was so small and pale which is probably why I didn't see it in the first place (mind you I do not wear glasses and am only 29 years old so my vision is fairly good). Anyway, it did say 100 v 240 v so it seems an adaptor would be ok. However my nintendo (as I mentioned above only says 100v so I think I still need to get a convertor for that).

Another stupid question - are there american plugs in the ireland airports? Like would I be able to charge something while waiting for my flight home in Shannon?

Shannon airport is bare basics. Fast, easy but bare. Once you clear security there are only vending machines and restrooms and of course seats.

Make sure everything is charged before you leave Dromoland.

Shannon we got a couple of portable chargers. We are I-pod obsessed and hated the idea of them not making it through the flight

I have my packing list ready to go - for clothes, I only have quantities listed but I have some ideas in my head of what I want to bring. We bought DH some more jeans. He doesn't have many jeans since he dresses up for work (unlike me). I have purchased a converter and "No Jet Lag" pills. And, I have dug out my suitcases.

But I haven't done much else. I feel like I'm unprepared (unlike a trip to WDW) and want to get started packing. We will be leaving before I know it.

Can't wait to meet ya'll in person!

I'm sure this is going to fall on deaf ears... BUT... don't worry or fret? It was such an incredibly easy and fun trip... whatever happens, happens... and the Irish people (as well as your Adventure Guides) will be sure to make you feel welcome and comfortable regardless of what you are wearing, listening to, looking like, feeling like... etc. I realize that we (as people, and in general) tend to over-plan and over-think... but don't make yourself crazy! Just get on that plane and be prepared for the trip of a lifetime. Literally. Just my 2cents. ;)

I'm sure this is going to fall on deaf ears... BUT... don't worry or fret? It was such an incredibly easy and fun trip... whatever happens, happens... and the Irish people (as well as your Adventure Guides) will be sure to make you feel welcome and comfortable regardless of what you are wearing, listening to, looking like, feeling like... etc. I realize that we (as people, and in general) tend to over-plan and over-think... but don't make yourself crazy! Just get on that plane and be prepared for the trip of a lifetime. Literally. Just my 2cents. ;)

You are right...I am not really meaning it to sound like I am stressed about getting ready - because I am not stressed at all. But I do want to make sure I have enough outfits plus Ireland weather is so much different than south florida weather so I want to be prepared for that as well. I do not do laundry on vacation ;) And as far as the adaptor topic :laughing: I had no idea it would be talked about for almost 2 pages! But my biggest concern is that my phone be working so that my niece can talk to her mom (back in the US) and vice versa. Otherwise I could really care less about my phone. Plus as someone who has never traveled internationally, I want to make sure that I am taking care of the things that need to be taken care of. I had the some wonders, concerns and questions a few years ago when I went on my first cruise. The prep I am doing is literally the same stuff that I do when I am spending the weekend at my mom's - and she lives an hour away! :rotfl: Well to a certain point - I don't need to exchange currency to buy things at her house.

But really, part of the fun of a trip for me - any trip - is talking about it! Whether it is how many pairs of socks I need or what restaurants sound good, I just want to talk about it! :thumbsup2

:banana::banana:7 Days!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

One week from today (yes I know my ticker is off...still has the original dates plugged in) I will be throwing all those last minute things into my suitcase and giving my puppy lots of hugs and kisses before heading to pick up my niece and then the airport!

And I can't stress enough, based on past experiences...bring an extra camera card if you have a digital camera! Have a great trip!

Another satisfied ABD repeat traveler, I see. They took one heck of a lot of photos. Thanks Shannon for posting the site.

I know, I couldn't believe how many ABD's they've been on! Lucky them!

OMG! The pictures on that link are really getting me in the mood. Thanks for sharing!

Aren't they awesome? I especially love seeing all the castle pics...I am so freakin' excited to get to Dromoland though that I'm worried I will not take everything else in like I should.

I'm heading down to my mom's tomorrow, and I'm going to be staying there until we leave on Monday. That means I have to have everything I need packed up for the trip PLUS clothes for the days leading up to the trip and a couple for after. Plus stuff for my dog (his food, a few toys, "just in case" medicine). And I have one tiny suitcase so needless to say I am like a crazy bag lady with all my stuff that is taking over my tiny apartment.

Yesterday, I got my haircut, took Winston (my dog) to the Vet for a follow up appointment, and went to the At&T store to add international calling onto my plan just for the month. This morning I paid all my bills so that is up to date and I also stopped my mail. All that is left (I hope) is to pack up my toiletries and little things that I will still need tomorrow morning. Then I have the fun job of transferring it all into the "real" suitcase at my mom's house. Fun.

While I was reading about the hop on hop off bus tours in Dublin, I saw that they have half day trips to Malahide Castle or Powerscourt Estates and Gardens. I know Dublin has lots to do but I'm wondering if this might be something fun to do as well. They also have a rail tour that heads to Cork and Blarney Castle (which is the one place I really wished we were going to on the tour that we aren't), but it gets back to late at night and we would end up missing the Welcome Reception.

Hope everyone is having fun these last few days before our adventure begins!

Wonders10, have a WONDERFUL trip! Look forward to your report when you return!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter