Internet Speed??

maminnie

DIS Veteran
My husband is considering bringing his laptop and getting the wireless package. For those who have done this recently, how is the speed as he needs decent speed for the work he needs to do.

How is the speed using the Disney computers rather than wireless?

Thanks for your help.

maminnie

I used my laptop with a wireless connection at the Promenade Lounge on the Wonder. I don't remember the actual speed, but it was very good. Not as fast as my cable modem, but fast enough to get things done.

Horrible, horrible, horrible for the cruise last week! The satellite was down for most of the cruise. I paid for the $100 package and managed to use the minutes during the first two nights, but a lot of it was a waste because I sat for literally several minutes waiting for the screens to paint. I must have internet access for my business, so I bought another wireless package, but it was down for most of the rest of the cruise. I ended up getting the unlimited wired package and got most of my work done. They credited me for the second wireless package, since I couldn't use the minutes; I'm sorry I got the first one because that was $100 down the drain for such a slooooooow connection. If I had know, I would have gotten the unlimited wired service in the first place. That was awfully slow, too, but at least I wasn't paying a premium for it.

I did wireless on the cruise before that, and it was much better. I guess it just depends on the luck of the draw.

Barb

The Disney computer speed was somewhere between DSL and Dial up. It wasn't as fast as DSL and it wasn't as slow as dial up. It wasn't too bad at all. HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter