International and domestic flights on the one ticket?

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
Has anyone been able to buy flights from Australia and internal domestic US flights together on the one ticket, to get baggage included? Usually I buy all our flights together as one ticket so we don't have to pay extra for baggage, but at the moment I can't find any airlines that will let me do that at the moment.

Has anyone else had any luck?

Qantas is currently selling Australia to MCO (Orlando) flights, both via LAX and Dallas/Fort Worth. With the announcement of Australian borders opening to tourists there should be more options available soon.

We're going with Qantas (Melb) to LA then to Chicago via United, one ticket/booking. However Qantas have been a nightmare to deal with (we're using credit from 2020). I won't traumatise you with the details but it's really been horrendous. But honestly I'm questioning whether to fly them ever again.

My father in law mentioned the same thing, he's just flown from the US to here, and he had to change his flight from December to January.

Unfortunately I'm hoping to use points to book my flights, and they're Qantas points 🤦‍♀️

There should be no issues booking a "multi trip" itinerary on any number of airlines - only major issue occurs if the international airline does not have a domestic partner that flies the routes you need - but Qantas and Air New Zealand are easy to book multi trip options on with their AA and United partnerships respectively :)

When looking into flights for 2022, we noticed that some airlines to the US have changed their baggage allowances to only 1 piece, instead of the previous 2 for checked luggage. We have always had our international and domestic flights on the same ticket and have had the same allowances on all sectors.
We did run into a problem once though, when we used the hotel check in at POP and they were going to make us pay for the additional pieces as they claimed it was a domestic flight only (MCO- SFO) as we were spending time in SFO, before flying back to SYD. I knew we were fine and a couple of phone calls by POP to the airline and all was good. The attendants just hadn't come across it before.

There should be no issues booking a "multi trip" itinerary on any number of airlines - only major issue occurs if the international airline does not have a domestic partner that flies the routes you need - but Qantas and Air New Zealand are easy to book multi trip options on with their AA and United partnerships respectively :)

Yeah I think Qantas is just being a jerk right now.

Ughh I'm getting so frustrated by this!

If I just look up return flights SYD-JFK I get results showing stop overs in both Los Angeles and San Francisco, but if I try to search a multi-city flight SYD > LAX > JFK and return JFK > SFO > SYD there's nothing 😡

FFS if I search using points only my flights come up. If I search using money and/or points plus pay apparently there's nothing.

What the hell Qantas?

I've been able to pull up this itn for a range of test dates on the Qantas website for cash - might be a cookies issue or something? If you want to msg me your dates worse case maybe i can send you a screen shot of the price and itn and you can go to a travel agent for a price match? :)

I think for some reason Qantas won't let me look at US domestic flights, unless I'm willing to book with points 🤷🏼‍♀️

Can someone look up a cash price and screen shot it for me?

October 3rd SYD - HNL QF103
October 18th LAX - JFK AA118
October 29th HNL - SYD QF104

The Qantas website can't quote the above (i think its the hnl flight home coz it would quote jfk -syd as an alternative) but webjet can with qantas the only difference is that the lax-jfk options are on alaskan air - keep in mind the price here does not account for any booking fees but here's a screenshot hopefully this is helpful? :)Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 5.17.32 pm.png

Does it work if you do jfk to Sydney?

For me it seems to be the lax to JFK portion that stops it from working 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks for that. There seems to be something screwy going on, but it doesn't matter at the moment, I'm not ready to book just yet (waiting on some bonus Qantas points to arrive) so I'll just have to wait and see what is/isn't working for me when the time comes.

Thanks for that. There seems to be something screwy going on, but it doesn't matter at the moment, I'm not ready to book just yet (waiting on some bonus Qantas points to arrive) so I'll just have to wait and see what is/isn't working for me when the time comes.
pumping that into the Qantas site, I get $2,640 economy flying American on all the USA domestic legs.. And the price is the same if you fly home via SFO as LAX - pick your city

Last edited:
Thanks.

I decided to give the metaphorical finger to Qantas, and booked with Hawaiian Airlines instead :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter