Instead of a Bounce House???

happily single

Left foot first!
My ds6th bday party for his classmates is this Saturday. I planned to have a bounce house, pinanta, hay scavenger hunt, decorate your own cupcake, etc.

Unfortunately out of the 30 kids invited (he dosen't know his classmates names well and I didn't want to offend anyone) only 4 have rsvp'd. Three have told me they can't make it.

So, a bounce house costs $195 plus tax to rent for the day, with only four kids, and my three it just seems soo expensive to get. So, what do I substitute the bounce house with? At this point I'm thinking it would be cheaper to go buy a full size trampoline and at least we could keep it.

Any ideas? The kids barely know we were getting a bounce house, so I don't htink he he will upset.

Thanks

I personally wouldn't go buy the trampoline. I know I for one wouldn't let my kids use it. My DD was injured on one at a birthday party. What date did you put down on the invites for RSVP? Maybe you should start calling parents.........

7 kids and a bounce house seems great! No one has to take turns ; ) .

I don't let DS8 get on trampolines .

Of the 30 you only know a few "no"s. If you cancel the bounce house and get a trampoline what happens if the other 26 show up? I would get the house and let whom ever shows up enjoy themselves!

I agree with the others, KEEP the bounce house, they are perfect for smaller parties where you don't have to limit the number of kids in there at one time. If you were planning on spending the money anyway I don't think it makes any difference if you have five kids or fifteen. :confused3

Kids that age LOVE bounce houses and they are way safer than trampolines.

7 kids and a bounce house seems great! No one has to take turns ; ) .

I don't let DS8 get on trampolines .

About 41,700 results (0.31 seconds)
Search Results

My ParenTime | Article - Bounce House Safety!
Sep 22, 2005 ... Bounce House Safety! Learn how to reduce the risks of injury to your child. ..... Dangers Uncovered In Operation Of Inflatable Slides. ...
www.myparentime.com/articles/article1.shtml - Cached - Similar

Hidden Dangers to your Child's Safety
May 14, 2008 ... The "danger" of bounce houses was recently in the news. Although millions of children safely have fun in bounce houses, the Consumer Product ...
pediatrics.about.com/.../hidden-dangers-to-your-childs-safety.htm - Cached - Similar

Hidden Dangers and Child Safety
Learn how to protect your kids from the hidden dangers that can ...
pediatrics.about.com/.../hiddendangers/a/0508_hdn_dangrs.htm - Cached - Similar
Show more results from about.com

Bounce House Dangers Exposed, Companies Lack Insurance - News ...
Mar 17, 2009 ... EL PASO, Texas -- A KFOX investigation reveals long list of bounce house companies aren't insured. Tuesday, March 17, 2009.
www.kfoxtv.com/news/18951774/detail.html - Cached - Similar

Bounce dangers reviewed | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN
Bounce dangers reviewed. Kids sometimes hurt in inflatable houses. Jeff Wiehe | The Journal Gazette. Tucked away in the corner of the ...
www.journalgazette.net/article/20090802/LOCAL/.../1002/LOCAL - Cached

Bounce house dangers - CBS 19 - The Eye of East Texas News - 
Jun 1, 2010 ... CBS 19 - The Eye of East Texas News - Bounce house dangers. Member Center: Create Account|; Log In; Manage Account|; Log Out. SITE SEARCH ...
www.cbs19.tv/global/story.asp?S=12574806&clienttype=generic...

Bouncy house dangers - Parenting on Shine
Yesterday evening my family and I went to a birthday party for my nephew who turned one. The party was fun and there were tons of people.
www.shine.yahoo.com/channel/.../bouncy-house-dangers-248676/ - Cached

Bounce House Dangers Exposed; Companies Lack Insurance | Facebook
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, ...
www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=149714937421&topic=8861 - Cached

Hidden dangers of bounce houses : News : CNYCentral.com
Jul 7, 2009 ... Since 2005, the Consumer Product Safety Commission reports at least 3 deaths and more than 70 injuries resulting from inflatables.
www.cnycentral.com › News - Cached

Bounce Houses Can Be Fatal - The Dangers of Bounce Houses ...
Apr 19, 2009 ... You can read more about this bounce houses - dangers and safety tips at Fatal Fun - Inflatable Bounce Houses. ...
www.floridachildinjurylawyer.com/.../bounce_houses_can_be_fatal_the.html - Cached - Similar

Did you promise him a bounce house @ his party? He probably told his friends~ I wouldn't let my kid on the trampoline either...

before you purchase a trampoline check with your insurance. I believe that your homeowner's increases if they know you have a trampoline.
I would stick with the bounce house or just cancel the bounce house and pocket the extra!

A pinata, a scavenger hunt and decorating cupcakes sounds like plenty of activities for a 6-year old's birthday party. If he is not expecting a bounce house, I would cancel it and not get a trampoline or anything else similar.

That was my thought. My children's birthday parties are only 2 hours long. I would think you have plenty without the bounce house.

Get the bounce house and let em bounce themselves silly. Think of how good he'll sleep that night! :thumbsup2

Don't do the trampoline, too much of a risk of getting hurt and you don't want that.

A quality bounce house can be had for under $200. It isn't industrial strength, the weight limit is 250 pounds. But if you are already going to pay that much, might as well own it out right.

I love a bounce house. And since it's gonna be at your house, think of all the fun you'll have on it after the party is over. That's the best time. It's one way to keep them entertained and tired out.

A pinata, a scavenger hunt and decorating cupcakes sounds like plenty of activities for a 6-year old's birthday party. If he is not expecting a bounce house, I would cancel it and not get a trampoline or anything else similar.

Not a chance!!! Those three together take less than half an hour with kids that age. Without the bounce house I would plan at least three more activities, games with small prizes, story, dance party...something along those lines. I used to work birthday parties and I can promise you kids go thru activities way faster than you think!

get the bounce house.. they'll have a blast. My son went to one in the summer and there were about 10 kids there total. They bounced for 6hrs straight. I did not plan on staying the whole time but he was having so much fun I couldn't make him come up early! If you want more kids there see if any of your friends kids/ coworkers kids would like to come. He'll have great new friends after this party.

I'd get the bounce house. I'm not a fan of trampolines either. Friends of ours have one, they have the netting around it and they only allow 2 kids at a time on it, Mom or Dad is always out with the kids so they are monitored but that's one of 2 trampolines I let my kids use. The other is at my sister's house, it's an in-ground trampoline so if they fall no one gets hurt because it's buried in a hole in the ground and the trampoline is the same level as the surrounding ground. I think a bounce house is a great idea and a lot safer then a trampoline. :)

Thanks for all the replies. I did get the bounce house; but I called another company, got it $50 cheaper, and they will deliver and set up for free!!

I already tod my dd13 to invite her friends over for after the little kids. I remember getting my for dd's birthday and we adults couldn't wait for the kids to leave. In fact I beleive it was 6 years and 9 months ago....kidding!!!!!!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter