Inside Out 2

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Beginning in June 2024 get ready for the long awaited anticipated sequel to Inside Out called Inside Out 2 scheduled to debut on Disney+. Everyone's favorite emotions Joy Sadness Fear Anger and Disgust will return for an all new adventure this time with Riley experiencing her first boyfriend and other exciting adventures that comes with being a teenager. I was surprised that Inside Out was gonna have a sequel because I adored Inside Out and I think Inside Out 2 will show promise in 2024 but why they are making it a Disney+ exclusive rather than a theater release is odd to me

Beginning in June 2024 get ready for the long awaited anticipated sequel to Inside Out called Inside Out 2 scheduled to debut on Disney+. Everyone's favorite emotions Joy Sadness Fear Anger and Disgust will return for an all new adventure this time with Riley experiencing her first boyfriend and other exciting adventures that comes with being a teenager. I was surprised that Inside Out was gonna have a sequel because I adored Inside Out and I think Inside Out 2 will show promise in 2024 but why they are making it a Disney+ exclusive rather than a theater release is odd to me

Here is the first trailer:

Also, it being a Disney+ exclusive is outdated or incorrect information. This will be in theaters on June 14, 2024, which is awesome news!

Not really looking forward to this one tbh. I didn’t particularly like the first one and I’m sick of nepo baby Maya Hawke popping up in everything these days. Plus allegedly Bill Hader and Mindy Kaling aren’t returning as Fear and Disgust because they were given lowball offers to come back compared to other cast members.

Bill and Mindy reportedly got offered 100K vs Amy’s 5 million. Amy had way more lines in the first one. Digest and Fear didn’t really have that many lines. Joy, Sadness, Bing Bong and Anger had more. Now they are adding teenage emotions. So even less lines. I would take a 100K for a couple of days of work.

Oh I'm absolutely not disparaging that Amy deserves every cent that she was offered for this one considering she helped to rewrite Joy for the first one as well and had more work to do.

It's probably more of an ego thing for Bill and Mindy. Once you start taking those lower offers it sets a precedent of what you're willing to accept and work for elsewhere in the industry.

Why I think Inside Out became a successful movie was because you had a celebrity voice cast of mainly comedians and comediennes and seeing this interesting formula for a Pixar movie proved that Inside Out would be a smart hit. Now Pixar is gonna repeat the same formula with Inside Out 2 next year minus Mindy Kaling as Disgust and Bill Hader as Fear. The main reason why I think Mindy Kaling is not gonna reprise her role as Disgust is she has done a lot of roles in sitcoms and she is really very busy at this time. I don't know which celebrity will replace Mindy Kaling in the Disgust role but I hope that they find a good actress. Bill Hader on the other hand why he is not reprising his role as Fear is because Bill is making a huge name for himself in commercials and more movies but like Mindy who will voice Fear will be someone famous. But I think Disney is hoping Inside Out 2 will do well when it debuts in the theaters in 2024 and I think they are scared and afraid that Inside Out 2 will be like The Good Dinosaur and Onward and fear poor reactions at the theaters

I think I read it is the most watched animated trailer?

Loved part 1, looking forward to this one

Loved, loved Inside Out. In my top 3 Pixar movies. One the few times our family wore matching shirts at Disney were Inside out themed. (other time was SW Rebels characters. ) Really, really hoping the sequel will be good. Sometimes sequels surprise, and are as good or better (Toy Story 3 is my favorite PIxar movie.)
I didn't know about the backstage drama though. That's too bad. Hope the new voices are good.

They are sure promoting Inside Out 2 like crazy and I guess Disney/Pixar hopes that Inside Out 2 will be the number one animated movie of the summer. It also looks like Anxiety will be the top character of Inside Out 2 because when I was watching Youtube they had a lot of Maya Hawke videos and Anxiety videos too. But it will be interesting to see how well Tony Hale will be great as Fear's new voice. Is Phyllis Smith returning as Sadness too? I like Sadness because she is can be sad and is so emotional at times

I just saw it, and it's great! It get's a little intense maybe - there are some very interesting things going on. It's super good though and looks amazing!

EDIT: Also, the theater was packed! It was busier than I have seen it in a while. Should be a strong weekend. I think that the strong reviews and good word of mouth are going to blow this one up. I say it beats projections this weekend and likely has legs too. It looks like a very needed hit for Pixar - finally!

Last edited:
I just saw it, and it's great! It get's a little intense maybe - there are some very interesting things going on. It's super good though and looks amazing!

EDIT: Also, the theater was packed! It was busier than I have seen it in a while. Should be a strong weekend. I think that the strong reviews and good word of mouth are going to blow this one up. I say it beats projections this weekend and likely has legs too. It looks like a very needed hit for Pixar - finally!
Estimating a $155M opening weekend !

As I mentioned in my earlier post Inside Out 2 will become the animated hit of the summer and I have a feeling that Disney/Pixar will score lots of money from Inside Out 2 because after failures like The Good Dinosaur and Onward Pixar is ready to "As singer Michael Bolton says" Get back on their feet again. And with Inside Out 2 Pixar is gonna do it because this film might win Oscars next year and I mean it will win a whole lot of Oscars. I also noticed that there is a French emotion called Ennui and my dad was wondering more about her especially since Dad found out that Ennui's name means boredom in English. What's Ennui's job in Inside Out 2?

As I mentioned in my earlier post Inside Out 2 will become the animated hit of the summer and I have a feeling that Disney/Pixar will score lots of money from Inside Out 2 because after failures like The Good Dinosaur and Onward Pixar is ready to "As singer Michael Bolton says" Get back on their feet again. And with Inside Out 2 Pixar is gonna do it because this film might win Oscars next year and I mean it will win a whole lot of Oscars. I also noticed that there is a French emotion called Ennui and my dad was wondering more about her especially since Dad found out that Ennui's name means boredom in English. What's Ennui's job in Inside Out 2?

I agree that “Inside Out” will be the animated hit of the summer - and it deserves it … great movie, and the box office is on fire.. however, you are referencing older Pixar films.. they were already back with “Soul” , and after a slow start, WOM carried “Elemental”, and it ended up doing well at the box office. Don’t really want to provide spoilers, but as far as Ennui.. small role, but you nailed it with the French definition .

Inside Out 2 is already the number one movie at the box-office and i'm surprised by how much promotion it's getting from Uber commercials to McDonald's Happy Meal toys and lots more. And I think why the film's success has to do with the fact that you have comedians and comediennes doing the voices of the characters and as you saw with the first Inside Out they chose stars from Saturday Night Live such as Bill Hader as Fear's original voice and once Disney/Pixar saw how successful this way worked they repeated it with Finding Dory by sticking most of the stars of ABC's Modern Family such as Ed O'Neill as Hank Ty Burrell as Bailey and Kaitlin Olson as Destiny and when you use this formula it works. But as I said why Bill Hader didn't return as Fear was because he is now a commercial star and was busy doing commercials at the time. But Tony Hale seems to be Pixar's new good luck charm since appearing in Toy Story 4 and now that Tony is the new voice of Fear Tony Hale will make himself a huge name in Pixar movies for years to come

But as I said why Bill Hader didn't return as Fear was because he is now a commercial star and was busy doing commercials at the time.
Hader is much more than a commercials star. He’s co-creator, showrunner, director, and award-winning star of Barry.

If reports are true that he was offered $100k to return in Inside Out 2 while Amy Poehler was paid $5M, it’s a no-brainer to turn that down.

I saw it this morning with my friend - we both liked it but thought it felt shorter than the original. Nothing wrong with that but it was something I noticed. I still like the original better but this was great too! Definitely one of the better movies to come out of Disney in the past few years. My friend who only enjoyed Encanto and Soul in terms of recent Disney movies agreed but would rank Soul higher.

Also the morning showing was half full but the afternoon shows were 100% sold out. This was in Philadelphia so maybe it's different in smaller cities but we saw huge crowds waiting for the early afternoon show as we were leaving the theater.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest