Info & Poll: 2012 DVC Merry Mixer. Who is going?

Info & Poll. Which day will you attend 2012 DVC Merry Mixer? Multiple choices.

• Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 3pm to 5pm.

• Tuesday, December 4, 2012 - 3pm to 5pm.

• Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 3pm to 5pm.

• Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 3pm to 5pm.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
"Merry Member Mixer

You're cordially invited to our Merry Member Mixer
Come get cozy with Disney Vacation Club this holiday season! Mingle with fellow Members as you enjoy festive entertainment and complimentary refreshments. Plus, you'll be able to purchase a limited-edition Disney Vacation Club holiday trading pin (while supplies last). It's just our way of welcoming you "home" for the holidays.
LOCATION: Epcot at the World Showplace Pavilion* Located between the Canada and United Kingdom Pavilions. For a detailed map, click here.

COME CELEBRATE THE SEASON WITH US ON THESE FOUR SELECT DATES:
•November 27
•December 4
•December 11
•December 18

TIME: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*Park admission required for entry to Epcot. Contact Member Services for ticket options. Limit 6 Guests per Member ID."

This information is located on the DVC Member website.

I hopefully plan on visiting on more than one day if possible depending on my park days since I am staying close by at the Swan/BWV. The poll allows more than one day. Which day(s) do you think that you may go.

Does anyone want to meet up as a DIS meet and greet inside?

This was their link to their map and it is very large.

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...s/merrymembermixer/map-merry-member-mixer.jpg

I will be at the Swan and BWV for the first three DVC Merry Mixers.

Depending on my park dates, I hope to try to make the first three dates.

Anyone want to meet up inside on those dates?

I will be at the Swan and BWV for the first three DVC Merry Mixers.

Depending on my park dates, I hope to try to make the first three dates.

Anyone want to meet up inside on those dates?

ME!!! We'll be at the Dec. 4th mixer if all goes well. I usually plan a DVC/DIS meet on my early Dec. trips, but I've been too busy to be on the boards much lately, so I haven't planned one yet.

ME!!! We'll be at the Dec. 4th mixer if all goes well. I usually plan a DVC/DIS meet on my early Dec. trips, but I've been too busy to be on the boards much lately, so I haven't planned one yet.

I look forward to seeing you again.

I'll meet you at the Beach Club Marina on Dec 5th, Ray ....

But I'm still considering going to one of these Merry Mixers. If I go to any, it will be on the 11th as we'll be in DHS on the 4th with a large group, including small children who would probably be bored with this.

I'll meet you at the Beach Club Marina on Dec 5th, Ray ....

But I'm still considering going to one of these Merry Mixers. If I go to any, it will be on the 11th as we'll be in DHS on the 4th with a large group, including small children who would probably be bored with this.

That's great. I can't wait for the 5th, too.

Ray, do you have a special area of the room that you like to park you cart in to receive visitors?:thumbsup2

What do they usually have at the Mixer? Is it worth attending? We went to something similar a few years back at the International Gateway. They had games for the kids, and my boys had their faces painted. Not sure if this Mixer is similar to what we attended in the past or if it will be smaller since the area between Canada and the UK looks much smaller than the area at the International Gateway.

I'll be at the BWV in Dec, so will try and make it to either the 11th or 18th.

Ray, do you have a special area of the room that you like to park you cart in to receive visitors?:thumbsup2

Too funny, Diane. I ususally get in the outside line early, so you might even see me outside first. I like to drive everywhere and see everything on the periphery of the sitdown tables inside instead of trying drive in those close quarters between folks sitting at the tables.

You'll probably see me before I see you with my Mickey Mouse icon Christmas wreath on the front of my scooter.

I can't wait to see you again. If I see you first, I'll come to say hello to you inside.

What do they usually have at the Mixer?

Well...a lot of fun activities from the stage and I usually see a lot folks from the DISboards and other Disney websites that I have met over the decades.

1. Usually a long line to get inside that winds around in front of the Canada pavillion. But I usually meet the nicest DVC folks and make new friends talking about Disney, of course.

2. At opening they open the large wooden gates and we show our DVC card and walk up the decorated courtyard with it snowing, at least last year.

3. Enter the enclosed building, not a tent, and proceed to sign up for giveaway gifts.

4. Enter the main hallway and try to decide where to go first.

5. Last year, I got a drink and cookie, I think and then headed over to take photos with Santa Goofy. They give you a card to go online to purchase see and purchase photos and a castmember has always used my camera to take the same photo for me, too. I can't remember if the characters change year after year.

6. Head over to the other end of the floor and take photos with Santa Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.

7. Once the photos are out of the way, I go look at the pin trading table and try to trade one of my pins for another one on their boards for something that I like. A lot of people like to buy pins and collect and that line is pretty long.

8. Then I look at the Christmas merchandise on sale just out of curiosity.

9. Then I look around some more and enjoy the stage games and music with the families and I always run into someone that I hadn't met in years and we talk and give hugs. So much fun.

10. As I leave the exit doors, I receive the DVC metal ornament in a velvet bag they they give out every year. That's about it. Or at least what I can remember. I have never won any prizes there...yet.

Is it worth attending?

I would suppose that would depend on the individual and my idea of fun may be completely different from someone elses idea of fun. There are a lot of DVC folks and guests at the event inside, but not so crowded as to be uncomfortable based on my experiences.

We went to something similar a few years back at the International Gateway. They had games for the kids, and my boys had their faces painted. Not sure if this Mixer is similar to what we attended in the past or if it will be smaller since the area between Canada and the UK looks much smaller than the area at the International Gateway.

Me, too. Outside Epcot's International Gateway and accross from the boat launches. They used a big tent back then, but the new place is a building that you can see in the map in the link on the first post. It is very similar, but much bigger and climate controlled and more activities as described above.

I hope that helps?

Hi Ray! I'll be down there for the Nov 27th Mixer with my kids and then on Dec 4th with Karen - sure hope to see you again this year!!!

Ray - I just sent you a private message. Hope dh and I can meet up with you like we did last year. Let me know.

facebook twitter