Info on the Mickey surfboard lamp delivery

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
So we were at Aulani July 9-15 and I celebrated my 60th bday! My husband told me he was stumped on a gift because I had what i really wanted (spending it with my daughter's family, who live there as son in law is in the USMC) and I have told him I don't really need anything.
I have the Maui (tiki) lamp from the Polynesian and had to get it on ebay last Christmas. So when i saw the Mickey surfing lamp (in the bedrooms at Aulani) was for sale, I told him that was what I wanted for my birthday. I got a 10% discount which took care of most of the shipping. They told me I would get it here in Ohio within 12 weeks.
I got it in 6 DAYS!!! :)
If you are there and want the lamp, don't forget the discount if you are DVC, and don't fret about that 12 week estimate unless perhaps it is the holiday season!!

So we were at Aulani July 9-15 and I celebrated my 60th bday! My husband told me he was stumped on a gift because I had what i really wanted (spending it with my daughter's family, who live there as son in law is in the USMC) and I have told him I don't really need anything.
I have the Maui (tiki) lamp from the Polynesian and had to get it on ebay last Christmas. So when i saw the Mickey surfing lamp (in the bedrooms at Aulani) was for sale, I told him that was what I wanted for my birthday. I got a 10% discount which took care of most of the shipping. They told me I would get it here in Ohio within 12 weeks.
I got it in 6 DAYS!!! :)
If you are there and want the lamp, don't forget the discount if you are DVC, and don't fret about that 12 week estimate unless perhaps it is the holiday season!!
We live in Los Angeles, and bought one a couple years ago and had it shipped to our house. It took four months!! After the 12 weeks passed I had to call and bother them frequently until it finally arrived. It was not the holiday season either.

Just called customer service said they had no record of the purchase and shipping doc. They sent me an email where I had to fill in my info and send a copy of the receipt and shipping label…. Oh boy…

Do you have to order the lamp? I was planning to bring an empty carry-on to bring it home 😂

Just called customer service said they had no record of the purchase and shipping doc. They sent me an email where I had to fill in my info and send a copy of the receipt and shipping label…. Oh boy…
A few years ago, mine took over three months. I emailed them regularly to complain, but nothing much happened and it didn’t seem to speed anything up. Finally, when the lamp did arrive, they sent me a box of chocolate macadamia nuts as an apology. Uh, thanks, I guess.

My advice to anyone considering buying it would be to take delivery at the store. It’s both packable or carry-onable if you take it out of the box. That’s what all the buyers from Japan do.

I sent them an email with the receipt thinking I would get and email confirmation that it was ordered… but I got an email confirming a refund for $47 less than I paid… I’ll have to try and unwind this tomorrow….

“Thank you for providing all the requested details. We are really sorry for the inconvenience, were unable to issue a replacement of this item.”

Last update: Spoke with someone else today and they said that it can in fact take up to 10 weeks to send the lamp and that the regular customer service system is not connected Aulani like they are to WDW and DL.

I should still expect the lamp to arrive sometime in the next 4-weeks….

The adventure continues!

Email received today:

You purchased your Mickey Lamp with us on August 20th in our Kalepa’s Store. The lamp takes about 12 to 18 weeks from the time of purchase be made and ship to you. The lamps are made to order, so once it’s ready to be ship you’ll received an email from FedEx with the tracking number.

Email received today:

You purchased your Mickey Lamp with us on August 20th in our Kalepa’s Store. The lamp takes about 12 to 18 weeks from the time of purchase be made and ship to you. The lamps are made to order, so once it’s ready to be ship you’ll received an email from FedEx with the tracking number.
It took over 18 weeks for mine, which is kind of ridiculous. And when the lamp ultimately arrived, it was in relatively good shape, though the shade was and still is mildly askew. Of course, there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it.

hi all - ordered on Sept 27 and arrived today. Very large box. Also mine is not quite the same as what is was in the room or store.
but arrived. yeah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter