• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Info for AOL users who are having registration problems ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
We get lots of questions from AOL users who do not receive our activation emails, which are required to complete your DISboards registration.

The problem is caused by AOL's implementation of spam filtering. Email from our site (from webmaster@wdwinfo.com) is frequently filtered out by AOL as spam.

If you have a spam folder, check there for any mail from us. If you find our mail in your spam folder, you can select the "this is not spam" function. (How this works varies, depending on your AOL software version.)

Be aware that this may only help for a short time. If OTHER AOL users flag any of our mail as spam, we seem to wind up back on *everyone's* spam list.

Some AOL users have reported that adding webmaster@wdwinfo.com to their address book prevents our mail from being blocked by AOL's filters.

Because of continuing unsuccessful efforts to work with AOL to solve the chronic and erratic filtering of our mail, many AOL users find it helpful to create a separate email account to use for their DIS correspondence. Yahoo and Hotmail are just two of the places you can register for a free email account that would work for this purpose.

I was told more than likely that the registration activation email we sent was filtered out by AOL's spam filter. I checked my spam folder and no email was there. What do I do know to get my activation link?
Thanks,
swtcn

Have been trying to get my registration to work, and I think it finally did. Thanks!

Hi, Caddesigner!

I've just had the activation email resent to the address in your user profile.

If you don't see it in your inbox, drop me an email at kathytx@wdwinfo.com, and I'll get you set up. (You'll need to send the email from the account you're registered with.)

:D

Princesslibby- The activation email should be in your inbox now.

Debbie63- looks like you're posting away now!

I'm also having problems...

I am on AOL...

I tried changing my e-mail address to my not-oft-used hotmail account (aisleleven@hotmail.com) and did not get any e-mail...

When I didn't get anything at the hotmail address...I changed back to AOL and I added webmaster@wdwinfo.com to my address book...still nothing...

Help!!!

Thanks!

I believe that I have the same AOL problem as everyone else. I did add the e-mail address to my contacts - so could you email me the activation e-mail again. MFarringt@aol.com

Thanks!

Could someone please help! I am Nutz4dzny. I am using my husband's name. I did not change anything but when the boards changed something happened. Now I can't sign on as Nutz4dzny. I did everything it says to do. What should I do next?

KellyMarie- I just completed your registration, and you should be able to post now!

Nutz4dzny- I just sent you an email. You should be in good shape now. :)

The Mouse Man said:
Could someone please help! I am Nutz4dzny. I am using my husband's name. I did not change anything but when the boards changed something happened. Now I can't sign on as Nutz4dzny. I did everything it says to do. What should I do next?

CarolAnnC is having this same problem. Since the board change, she can log on using IE outside of AOL, but if she tries to login from inside AOL, it just keeps returning her to the login screen, even though it confirms she has successfully logged in. :badpc:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter