Infinity falls

All has been said is summer 2018. My guess is it will be in June

It will definitely not be open in June. However I did see that water is now in at least parts of the ride, if not the entire ride. It looks like a lot of landscaping still needs to be done but I would guess within about a month it should be at least a soft open.

I'm hoping it's open in July but thinking it's weird there's been no announcements?

Just watched the local Orlando show this AM. The reporter mentioned they are starting to plant 700 (not a typo) trees. The reporter asked when it would open and the rep. from Sea World gave the expected answer, summer.

It did look like it has a bit to go and there were huge amounts of contractors there (especially pouring/floating the concrete).

It will definitely not be open in June. However I did see that water is now in at least parts of the ride, if not the entire ride. It looks like a lot of landscaping still needs to be done but I would guess within about a month it should be at least a soft open.

my response was also posted in Feb (one would think they would have gotten further along since then)

I am going to Orlando Aug 3-18th. We have the 14 day unlimited park passes that includes Seaworld, Aquatica,Bush Gardens, Adv Island. I was hoping infinity falls would be open. Has anyone been there recently to view the progress? I am really hoping for a July opening.

Last time I was out there they had a boat in the water, so they are moving on that front. It looked like much more of the landscape was also done, so depending on if they wait to get all that done or go ahead and open with some work still to do probably will make a few weeks difference. I can't tell for sure but it does not look like water is all the way around the ride yet, so I do not think they have tested the full ride yet.

My uninformed guess - maybe mid-August, depending on if testing goes well?

They are selling stuff in front of the ride out of the new shop.

Last time I was out there they had a boat in the water, so they are moving on that front. It looked like much more of the landscape was also done, so depending on if they wait to get all that done or go ahead and open with some work still to do probably will make a few weeks difference. I can't tell for sure but it does not look like water is all the way around the ride yet, so I do not think they have tested the full ride yet.

My uninformed guess - maybe mid-August, depending on if testing goes well?

They are selling stuff in front of the ride out of the new shop.

Thanks for info/update. I have a feeling we are going to miss out on this. Really hoping it will be open by August 1st. :worship:

There is now no water at all in the trough. I am not sure if this is normal or if they ran into issues. It looks like they still have a ways to go on the landscaping as well.

August 1 has to be impossible at this point, and I am wondering if even mid-August is possible. Guess it depends on why the water was drained.

There is now no water at all in the trough. I am not sure if this is normal or if they ran into issues. It looks like they still have a ways to go on the landscaping as well.

August 1 has to be impossible at this point, and I am wondering if even mid-August is possible. Guess it depends on why the water was drained.

Thanks for the update....looks like we are going to miss out on this...I was really hoping it would be up and running by now.

I've been visiting SWO regularly (twice last week), and while they're still furiously working away, it's looking real close now! Ride and station construction are complete, landscaping/theming/signage is 99% done, and various forms of testing have begun. I always find an employee to ask, "Well, when's it going to open?", and for the last 4 months the answer has been the same: "This summer." However, last weekend I spotted a group of executives and supervisors gathered nearby the site, and tried to surreptitiously eavesdrop on their conversation. Unfortunately, they were just finishing up, and I didn't learn anything. BUT... as they broke up and began to disperse, I casually approached one and quietly said, "Soft opening's got to be soon, right?" He smiled and held up 2 fingers. "Two days?!", I said. He shook his head no. "Two weeks?" He winked at me and put his finger to his lips in the 'sshhh' gesture. So you can take that for what it's worth. Seaworld has already been promoting "Be the first to ride with an Annual Pass", so there will probably be an employee and/or passholder preview period, followed by limited guest access, then the grand opening announcement. Anticipation mounts!

So I happened to stumble across this linked article while searching for information on Twitter. It's an article from a Brazilian website. I translated it from Portuguese to English to read it.
The article reports that on Monday 20th there was a Visit Orlando roadshow event in Sao Paulo, where a SeaWorld executive reportedly said that it would open next week. Now to see if any official announcement confirming this comes later this week.

https://m.panrotas.com.br/destinos/...falls-abre-semana-que-vem-no-sea-world/158068

Infinity Falls is still not open. I am seeing more activity such as a number of boats running the course as opposed to just 1 that I saw earlier. I have not seen or heard of any major ride testing yet, so we have to be at least 2 more weeks minimum from it opening. I would guess either a late September or October opening at this point. At this point I do not see them rushing it, since it is already so late. If I remember correctly they were saying opening Summer 2018. I just look at the website and it now says Coming Soon in 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!