Indiana Jones themed Restaurant

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
It seems like I heard that an Indian Jones inspireded restaurant is coming to DS. Was it called Jack Lindsey's hanger? I can't remember the name. Anyway, does anyone know when this is suppose to open?

Oh good! I thought it was but then I didn't see it listed on wdwinfo.com. I must have just missed it. How are the reviews?

Its been open about a year now. I can give you my personal review, but I haven't checked the others. The first time we went there was a line to get in. Its VERY tiny in there. It was so crowded we couldn't even walk through to see the décor. Last trip we got a seat, again its very tiny in there, and the other groups were loud & trying to move about between tables & dancing & it just felt claustrophobic. We just had a drink which was fine but way overpriced (not unusual in Disney). After leaving I'm glad to say we went but don't need to go back. Enjoy your trip!

Its been open about a year now. I can give you my personal review, but I haven't checked the others. The first time we went there was a line to get in. Its VERY tiny in there. It was so crowded we couldn't even walk through to see the décor. Last trip we got a seat, again its very tiny in there, and the other groups were loud & trying to move about between tables & dancing & it just felt claustrophobic. We just had a drink which was fine but way overpriced (not unusual in Disney). After leaving I'm glad to say we went but don't need to go back. Enjoy your trip!
So is it pretty much just a bar? DS is a huge Indiana jones fan but not sure it would be much fun for him to hang out in a bar.

They do offer small plates of appetizer-type foods but it was definitely a bar atmosphere (when we were there anyway!)

So is it pretty much just a bar? DS is a huge Indiana jones fan but not sure it would be much fun for him to hang out in a bar.
Yes, it is a bar. They do have food, appetizer types but it's a bar, not a restaurant. Which is why I suppose the name is Jock Lyndsey Hanger Bar :)
I'd at least go in so he could check it out

Is it interesting for an Indiana jones fan? Truth be told my son is a huge fan but so is the whole family. Maybe we could go in the early afternoon for a snack when it is less rowdy.

Jock Lindsey's isn't a restaurant, it's a bar/lounge. They do serve food but not multiple courses like one would expect in a restaurant. Appetizer and snack type stuff. No children's menu.

They have non-alcoholic drinks. Bring him in. It's a small place and you may not be able to find a place to sit. Is he a big enough fan to know that Jock is Indy's pilot, the one with the snake? There are lots of references to Reggie the snake around the bar (although you never see the actual snake.) But I don't recall there being much mention of Indy himself if that will be a letdown. It's supposedly Jock's memorabilia from his adventures (not just the ones that involve Dr. Jones), but it is possible that some would visit not realizing that the place isn't based on Indiana Jones himself, but on a character that appears for less than a minute in one of the movies. Of course, the next time you see Jock in the film, you'll know a lot more about him!

It's open in the daytime, and may be less crowded then.

Last edited:
Is it interesting for an Indiana jones fan? Truth be told my son is a huge fan but so is the whole family. Maybe we could go in the early afternoon for a snack when it is less rowdy.
Well, I guess it depends. It's not overtly Indiana Jones, but it is inspired by the bar in the movie. It's more explorer/adventurer themed than Indiana Jones specifically.
I bet if you Google for reviews you'll find lots of photos to judge for yourself. Most all the bloggers reviewed it when it opened last year.

DH and I are huge Indy fans, and love the Hangar Bar! There are many great nods to discover throughout the place if you know where to look (first doing a quick internet search of what was there, and also asking the waitstaff, helped to find neat things).

For instance, there's a framed dinosaur tooth, with a note that thanks Jock for "getting me off the island," and was signed by "S." In real life, the actor who played Jock in Indiana Jones was a professional pilot, and flew the crew of Jurassic Park off of the island of Kauai, after they had been stranded there in a storm. So the prevailing thought is that "S" stands for Steven (or Spielberg).

Also, we love the menu! I always get The Scottish Professor, and try not to weep over my love of Henry Jones Sr.

This is a bar, not a QS or TS eatery, as you can see by the menu:

Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar

Appetizers
Sallah's Falafel
A Sweet Potato Falafel guaranteed to satisfy a well of souls. Served with Romesco Sauce, Pickled Vegetable, Swiss Chard, Herbed Yogurt-Cheese, and Grilled Naan Bread
$10.00

Rolling Boulders Sliders
Three-Runaway Brisket Meatballs with Tomato-Bacon Jam, House-made Pickles, Shredded Lettuce, and Tomato
$11.50

Calamarion
Fried Calamari with Harissa Aïoli and a Charred Lemon Juicer
$12.50

Air Pirate's Pretzels
A flight of Everything Pretzels with spicy German Mustard and Beer Cheese Fondue
$10.50

Tanis Tuna Tacos
A Lost City Specialty! Seared Ahi tuna with Ancient Spices in a Tortilla Shell with Lettuce, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Pico de Gallo, Cilantro, Jalapeño Pepper, and a Toasted Lime
$15.00

Fräulein's Flatbread
No father or son can resist this BLT Flatbread...Topped with Spiced Shrimp, Smoked Bacon, Arugula, Roasted Tomatoes, and Basil Pesto
$16.00

Brody's Brats
Grilled Bratwurst served with Mustard and Pickled Cabbage, worthy of a museum
$8.50

Lao Che's Revenge
Spicy Chicken Wings direct from Club Obi Wan served with a zesty Asian Sauce
$14.00

Temple Tenderloin
Sliced Beef Tenderloin stacked high on a Toasted Baguette with Swiss, Tomato, Arugula, and Radish Slaw served with side of Jugo de Carne and Fries tossed with Bacon and Chimichurri Sauce
$17.00

Signature Libations (Non-Alcoholic)
Antidote
Sprite® and Maraschino Cherry Juice

Teddy's Tea (Non-Alcoholic)
Green Tea with Mint and Tangerine

Poisonless Dart
Soda Water with Mint, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lime Juice

Diving Bell (Non-Alcoholic)
Simply Lemonade® and Watermelon topped with a Lemon-Lime Foam

Signature Libations (Alcoholic)
Anything Goes
byejoe dragon fire spirit, fresh Lime Juice, Passion Fruit, and Pineapple Juice

Shorty's Singapore Sling
Plymouth Gin, Heering Cherry Liqueur, Bénédictine, Cointreau, fresh Lime Juice, Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine

Bedtime Story
Absolut Mandrin Vodka, Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur, Hibiscus Syrup, fresh Lemon Juice, and Iced Tea

The Scottish Professor
Monkey Shoulder Blended malt Scotch Whiskey, Hendrick's Gin, Pear Nectar, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lemon Juice

German Mechanic
Bavarian Radler a.k.a. "Shandy" with Paulaner Hefe-Weizen and Simply Lemonade®

Hovito Mojito
Barson Quebranta Pisco, fresh Lime Juice, Mint, and Simple Syrup topped with Soda Water

The Bitter Barkeep
Barsol Quebranta Pisco, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lime Juice. Contains Pasteurized Egg Whites

Cool-headed Monkey
Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice

Safari Sangria
South African Red Wine with Van Der Rum Tangerine Liqueur

Air Pirate's Mule
Knob Creek Disney Select Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon and fresh Lime Juice topped with Fever-Tree Ginger Beer

Pancho's Margarita
Don Julio Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier, and fresh Sweet-and-Sour

Wrong Island!
Siesta Key Silver Rum, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Tamiami Gin, Tippler's Orange Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola®

Bam's Barnstormer
Gosling's Black Seal Rum, Fever-Tree Ginger Beer, and fresh Lime Juice

Hail Marty
Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel Straight Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey bottled in Bond served with an Ice Sphere

Fountain of Youth
St. Augustine Florida Cane Vodka, Bols Blue Curaçao, White Cranberry Juice, and Sweet-and-Sour

Reggie's Revenge
Florida Cane 'Orlando Orange' Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, White Cranberry Juice, and fresh Lime Juice

Bottled Beer & Hard Cider
Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale – Kansas City, MO
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Chico, CA
Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale - Tampa, FL
Xingu Black Beer - Brazil
St. Bernardus Abt 12 Abbey Ale - Belgium
Florida Beer Devil's Triangle IPA - Cape Canaveral, FL
Lagunitas IPA - Petaluna, CA
Left Hand Milk Stout - Longmont, CO
Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider - Cincinnati, OH
Ace Pineapple Hard Cider - Sebastopol, CA

Draft Beers
Kingfisher Lager - India
Paulaner Hefe-Weizen - Germany
Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale - Atlanta, GA
Orlando Brewing I-4 IPA - Orlando, FL

Bubbles
Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Champagne, Épernay
Nino Franco Rustico Prosecco di Valdobbiadene, Veneto

White Wines
Selbach-Oster Riesling Kabinett, Mosel
Batasiolo Moscato D'Asti Bosc, Piedmont
King Estate Pinot Gris, Oregon
Bellingham Citrus Grove Chenin Blanc, South Africa
Montes Limited Sauvignon Blanc, Leyda Valley
Conundrum, California
Casa Lapostolle Cuvée Alexandre Chardonnay, Casablanca Valley
Jackson Estate Chardonnay, Santa Maria Valley
Flowers Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast

Red and Rosé Wines
Château Miraval Rosé, Provence
Meiomi Pinot Noir, California
Bodega Charcra Barda Pinot Noir, Patagonia
Santa Ema Reserve Merlot, Maipo Valley
Northstar Merlot, Columbia Valley
De Torten Z Red Blend, Stellenbosch
Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz, Western Cape
Concha Y Toro Marques de Casa Concha Cabernet Sauvignon, Maipo Valley
Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville, Napa Valley
Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

Dessert Wines
Innskillin Vidal Icewine, Niagara Peninsula
Graham’s 20 yr Tawny Port, Portugal

Flights
Aviator's Flight
¾-oz pour of each Single Malt Scotch Whisky - The Macallan 12 yr Speyside, Highland Park 12 yr Orkney Islands, and Bowmore 12 yr Islay

Sake
Gekkeikan Horin Junmai Daiginjo Sake - Japan
Prices with an asterisk (*) include tax

It's a GREAT, little bar, with lots to see, great food and tasty drinks. We have visited 4 times this past year, and each time has been awesome!

Certainly, going mid- to late afternoon won't see near the crowds. As others have mentioned (and the menu/drink posting by Rusty is great), it's a bar, and it has bar food. It's not overtly Indiana Jones-ish, just mild nods to a minor character in the film. The theming is unique and fun; however, you're not going to say, "Wow! This reminds me so much of Indiana Jones!" There is outdoor seating which affords nice views of the water including being able to watch the water taxis from The Boathouse. It's worth a visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter