Independence Day - WHICH PARK?

Which park?

• Total voters

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
We'll be arriving at WDW on the 2nd and cannot decide on which park to spend the day on the Fourth of July. Which park would you visit on July 4th and why? Also, I need to make an ADR (either late lunch or early dinner) at whichever park we decide to visit. HELP! Recommendations please...

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards Epcot and was thinking Monsieur Paul's.....any other ideas?

TIA!

Never tried MP. Our favorites are Chefs, Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, and Le Cellier.

Epcot has the most to offer with the jaw-dropping "The Heartbeat of Freedom",the patriotic shows by Voices of Liberty with the Characters in colonial attire at America Gardens and the appearances by Ben Franklin and Betsy Ross.

We are doing Epcot and have a reservation at La Hacienda for a bit before fireworks start. We love Mexican food and can see most of the show from inside the restaurant. We just request to be seated in a decent spot to be able to see out the window. Not too sure about availability at this point though.

We are also arriving on the 2nd. We're doing AK that day with a Tusker House dinner. On the 3rd we are doing MK with the KTTK tour in the morning. Depending on exhaustion/excitement levels we may go back to the room or just push through. We have an ADR for LTT and fast passes in the evening and we will stay for the fireworks which are the same as the fourth. Then we'll do Epcot on the 4th. I purposely didn't schedule a sit down meal. We'll do Sunshine Seasons for lunch I imagine but I wanted to be free to walk around and watch Voices of Liberty a couple of times, also I live in hope of getting a Frozen Dessert party still, so we'll likely just grab fish and chips or something at the Liberty Inn. Have fun!

Epcot has the most to offer with the jaw-dropping "The Heartbeat of Freedom",the patriotic shows by Voices of Liberty with the Characters in colonial attire at America Gardens and the appearances by Ben Franklin and Betsy Ross.
I don't remember seeing Betsy Ross or Ben Franklin last year at Epcot, I believe the last year they appeared was 2017 but not completely sure.
But I also vote Epcot for 4th of July

I never hear about anyone going to HS on July 4th...so from a crowd perspective, I'd go there. :confused3

I never hear about anyone going to HS on July 4th...so from a crowd perspective, I'd go there. :confused3
...as much as I love that park, I'm not crazy about their dining options....we've eaten at Sci-Fi and Commissary too many times [love them though] and did NOT care for Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose AT ALL.....

True but the 4th is all about atmosphere and fireworks. I’d maybe go to DHS in the morning but nighttime I’m picking MK or Epcot for the big show.

True but the 4th is all about atmosphere and fireworks. I’d maybe go to DHS in the morning but nighttime I’m picking MK or Epcot for the big show.
....well, here's my dilemma: from past experience, on notoriously busy days [Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, July 4th, etc.] parks reach full capacity by mid to late morning and "close" for the day (they don't admit any more guests). So, we don't plan on doing any park-hopping... :confused3

....well, here's my dilemma: from past experience, on notoriously busy days [Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, July 4th, etc.] parks reach full capacity by mid to late morning and "close" for the day (they don't admit any more guests). So, we don't plan on doing any park-hopping... :confused3
MK would be the most likely to close if at all. A park hasn’t reached full closure since like 2009. Of you have an ADR or FP in that park you’ll be fine.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. It's the same reason we're doing AK in the morning, and doing MK at night. ONLY because my flight isn't coming in on July 3rd until 9pm, otherwise I'd do MK on 7/3 and Epcot on 7/4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter