Incentives for 2009 vs. Past Incentives

Our guide and one of his associates didnt think it could be done. We asked him to go to his supervisor and call us back. When he did we got the Jambo w/Dec UY starting in Dec 08.

When we made the purchase he did tell us there were very few of those contracts/points available. So few that he rushed getting through our paperwork in fear that we would lose out to someone who got their contract in first.

DANG!!!! Man, you got what I wanted. I originally wanted a Dec UY... was told that since only Jambo was available, I could get NO incentives, just pay full price. Told this by the guide, AND by the supervisor I called. :mad:

Fooey!!!!! I ended up with Oct UY, which was still okay, but no '08 points since it is Kidani. Did get the member referral discounts. Yes, I just paid in full already YESTERDAY.

Can't believe they ripped me off like that! But glad for you, what a deal!!!!!:thumbsup2

Did your contract close yet? I would call your guide again and tell him that someone one has posted that they were able to get the Dec UY with 08 points. Not to start trouble, but maybe he/she will be able to find its available for your now. As long as the contract has not closed, they can make changes (I did it 3 times to get what I wanted).

Good luck!!!

Pixie--

I sent you a PM with the name of our guide and our info. Tell your guide to go and speak with ours and find out how he got us the DEC 08 UY at Jambo with all incentives. In total we paid $94/point and have already starting booking off of our 08 points.

I am very happy with the incentives that we got.
We bought 350 points and received 350 points to use by oct 3 of this yr.
We hvae already booked a trip to SSR this august and used another 60 or so points to book a trip through RCI for the labor day weekend.
I placed the balance of my points with RCI that dont have to be used until the end of 2011.
With the use of the developer points first I had a very nice cushion to bank points the next year which will allow me to go on at least two week vacations per year plus some long weekends.:yay:
I am so happy with my decision to join DVC:cheer2:

We bought in at AKL while on the Disney Cruise Line. We got $8 off per point, developers points equal to our yearly amount, a $500 onboard ship credit, and were able to finance it while at sea.
The financing isnt bad for today's banking standards... plus the loan is privately held. Which means it will not show on my credit report.

Not to mention... enough free DVC stuff to fill up an entire luggage bag!

Did your contract close yet? I would call your guide again and tell him that someone one has posted that they were able to get the Dec UY with 08 points. Not to start trouble, but maybe he/she will be able to find its available for your now. As long as the contract has not closed, they can make changes (I did it 3 times to get what I wanted).

Good luck!!!

I got my cruise certificate packet on Friday... wonder if that means I have officially closed?

Pixie--

I sent you a PM with the name of our guide and our info. Tell your guide to go and speak with ours and find out how he got us the DEC 08 UY at Jambo with all incentives. In total we paid $94/point and have already starting booking off of our 08 points.

I put in a call to my guide, unfortunately he was out of the office Fri/Sat. Hopefully, I haven't actually closed yet (not sure how to know if I did), and he can talk to your guide to find out how to do this. I am not even telling DH about this, he'll DIE if he thinks we could have actually gotten 08 points and didn't...:rolleyes1

Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow and will know more. I'm not getting my hopes up though, my guide definitely doesn't seem like the type to rock the boat. Even when I pushed about this back in the beginning, he didn't offer to find out any more about it.

Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow and will know more. I'm not getting my hopes up though, my guide definitely doesn't seem like the type to rock the boat. Even when I pushed about this back in the beginning, he didn't offer to find out any more about it.

You should see a tentative closing date on your contract (usually within 30 days of the contract date). Here's some pixie dust for you - - hopefully, your Guide (or his manager) can work some Disney magic for you! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I am not sure if you will get the cruise and the extra 2008 points.

I can definately understand how your dh would feel. I am feeling the same way. Very disappointing to hear that some people are getting 2008 points while others are not.

I called my Guide and said nothing like that is going on right now, but people are still posting that they are getting 2008 points.

I got my cruise certificate packet on Friday... wonder if that means I have officially closed?

I put in a call to my guide, unfortunately he was out of the office Fri/Sat. Hopefully, I haven't actually closed yet (not sure how to know if I did), and he can talk to your guide to find out how to do this. I am not even telling DH about this, he'll DIE if he thinks we could have actually gotten 08 points and didn't...:rolleyes1

I am not sure if you will get the cruise and the extra 2008 points.

I can definately understand how your dh would feel. I am feeling the same way. Very disappointing to hear that some people are getting 2008 points while others are not.

I called my Guide and said nothing like that is going on right now, but people are still posting that they are getting 2008 points.

The 2008 points were not an incentive for us. There just happened to be a Jambo contract with a Dec 08 start date available to us. So we don't get any extra points, we just started our clock six months earlier. That has allowed us to plan for this summer and next spring, all within 12 months of closing, and use points from two different UY's without any borrowing.

So we got the Dec 08 contract and all of the normal incentives. Our ability to do this was more driven by the availability of the contract vs. some type of incentive being offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter