• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(In My Wildest!) Dream(s) Trip

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
Does anyone plan 'Dream Trips' for fun?

Mine would look something like this:

New York 3 nights (Husband has always wanted to visit)

Orlando 10 nights
A Universal Hotel for at least 2 nights for early entry into the parks
A Disney Hotel for at least 2 nights (for the experience - never stayed on property)
A day at Discovey Cove
A day at the Beach (Daytona, Cocoa or New Smyrna)

3 night Bahamian cruise from Port Canaveral

I wonder how much this would cost.....?
Currently planning for our next trip (Nov 2022) but after I may do a mock up for the above - I would LOVE to do a Disney Cruise!

If money was not a problem - what would your dream trip look like?

For my honeymoon 6 years ago we did in September: -

New York for 5 nights
Train to Washington DC for 3 nights
Flight to Orlando for 10 nights (stayed at a villa)
Drive to Daytona beach for 2 nights

All in with the travel, accommodation, park tickets, car hire it came to around £7k for 2. The biggest cost was the hotels at New York and DC. The Florida part was reasonable and we got a fairly good deal on the flights.

We got it priced up by a couple of travel agents, but building our own trip came out much cheaper.

I would love to head further west for a dream trip. maybe do WDW, California (with a couple of nights at Disneyland), Hawaii, and finish up in Japan (could do Tokyo Disney!). Might be affordable for us one day with one of those round the world flight tickets, but have not properly looked into it and with a toddler probably not practical for many years.

It depends what you want from a dream trip, but if we're talking Disney and theme park trips specifically then actually I (and other people here I could mention) have been living the dream for 20+ years!

I'm a theme park and roller coaster enthusiast and there are plenty of enthusiast groups in every country. The larger ones will be able to organise tours and trips, the main ones here are RCCGB and ECC. With both clubs I've been able to do some incredible tours around Europe and the USA and also as far afield as UAE. The ECC have also been known to do Japan and they've got a plan for NZ & Australia in 2023.

I have a trip already booked for next year with the RCCGB, postponed first from 2020 and then from this year. A different theme park every day for two weeks, lots of travelling but also lots of fun! Next year's trip will include at least:

Canada's Wonderland
Six Flags Darien Lake
Six Flags Great Adventure
Hersheypark
Sesame Place
Kings Dominion
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Six Flags Over Georgia
Carowinds

Apart from my solo trips, I've also been to Disneyland and Disney World with these clubs. There is sometimes a possibility of visiting other places generally, but only as "incidentals" really if they happen to be en route and fit into the itinerary, or to break up a long journey. For example, we've visited NYC, Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and a tourist-trap on Route 66! We've been up the Burj Khalifa in Dubai and had a guided tour around Los Angeles.

The beauty of this for me is that it's all arranged for you. You just pay the price and turn up at the airport. Leave all the headaches to someone else!

Of course, there are many many places around the world I'd like to visit and things I would like to do, quite apart from theme parks, and we can't get everywhere but honestly these trips certainly amount to being my dream trips.

A dream trip that I haven't yet managed would be Disney Tokyo.

Last edited:
Years ago my dream (bucket list) trip was a coaster trip as described by csimon above. Not a high bar in hindsight and I achieved that in 2012 with a 2 week California + Utah tour (on which I met cs in fact).
But that really just got the ball rolling, and 9 years later I'm contemplating another dream/bucket trip.
So beware of actually fulfilling dreams - make sure that trip is really unattainable 🌈

Our last trip to Orlando was meant to be a 'Dream Trip', where we stayed club level at both the Poly and Hard Rock Hotel. It didn't really live up to our dream trip expectations though - we came back thinking it was nice, but didn't have the 'wow' factor we thought it would, especially for the price. We also stayed 6 nights at the Renaissance at Seaworld, which I got for free with my BA points, and we enjoyed that hotel just as much as the two others!

So I guess the lesson there is spending lots of money doesn't necessarily equate to a much better trip. Next trip we are going cheaper, and will be eating off-site a lot more. And I bet we enjoy ourselves just as much.

My dream trip would be to do a full on Disney world tour, only staying in the finest hotels along the way in each location, flying first class all the way, and eating all the fancy food.

DLP - Disneyland Hotel for 5 nights (or New York art of marvel if I win the lottery in the mean time before that one reopens!)
Hong Kong - Not sure wherever looks good, haven't planned details for this bit
Shanghai - Not sure wherever looks good, would also like to potentially go into the city for a few days and see some other stuff too
Tokyo - Miracosta Tokyo Disney Sea for 5 nights, then on into the city for a few nights somewhere equally nice. Then get a bullet train to Osaka and see Universal Studios Japan cos I wanna go to Nintendo land and it would be rude not to whilst so close
Disneyland - Grand Californian, 10 nights, use it as a base to also do some other stuff in the area
WDW - Will be there for a good 3 weeks and move around a few times.

Writing this has made me realise I need to do some more work on the finer details of my dream trip but that's okay, I've plenty of time, and there's no budget, it's certainly not happening in reality anytime soon short of lottery win, I'm guessing the cost would run over £100k!

Dream trips to Disneyworld? All the time (though less in the past year or so :() Mine generally involve lots of family and friends and either staying at a vast villa or taking over a whole block of 2br/grand villa DVC apartments.

I think for my immediate family though it would be an overwater villa at the polynesian for a couple of weeks before a suite at hard rock hotel for a week.

Outside of disney I have a dream trip for each continent I think :)
First europe - we'd load up the car with tents and stoves and just go. Head east through Germany, stopping at some castles, stay with some friends in Poland and then drive down through Hungary to Romania then across to croatia. We'd probably leave our car somewhere in Hungary for a while (a nice farm where we'd been camping and struck up a friendship with the family) and take trains into Budapest and across to Vienna for a bit of a change from forests and tents.
After Croatia we would drive across the top of Italy (stopping at gardaland of course) eating lots of ice cream and pasta and then we would go to a eurocamp in France so the kids can have a break from us in an english speaking kids club. Home via disneyland paris and parc asterix and a few weeks in the uk visiting friends and theme parks during term time.
Then we jump on a plane for our next overseas adventure...

I would start in Ethiopia - visit some cave churches and walk with geladas
Then over the ghana to show the kids the forts, kakum, bobeng fiema, some bat caves and a few days relaxing at lou moon lodge.
Then to Rwanda to meet mountain gorillas and do some monkey rainforest walks
Gabon - western lowland gorillas
Namibia - hire a car with roof tents and go on safari in Etosha, then explore the deserts before seals at walvis bay and some down time at Swakopmund.

From there we'd head to costa rica and just go everywhere. Peru for yet more wildlife, the amazon and the inca trail. Fly up to florida for a month and go to parks and volunteer at give kids the world.
Then fly to denver or alberqueque and hire a campervan to go and visit mesa verde. From there I would slowly drive to Los angeles via lots of national parks.
Drop off van, visit disney, train down to san diego, visit the zoo, then what d'ya know? An east bound panama canal cruise is about to set off.

After that I think I'd be ready to go home for a bit.

Before Japan :D

Years ago my dream (bucket list) trip was a coaster trip as described by csimon above. Not a high bar in hindsight and I achieved that in 2012 with a 2 week California + Utah tour (on which I met cs in fact).
But that really just got the ball rolling, and 9 years later I'm contemplating another dream/bucket trip.
So beware of actually fulfilling dreams - make sure that trip is really unattainable 🌈

It would be amazing to fulfil my dream trip...I'd have another on the list which would include Aulani....... :)

My dream trip would be to do a full on Disney world tour, only staying in the finest hotels along the way in each location, flying first class all the way, and eating all the fancy food.

DLP - Disneyland Hotel for 5 nights (or New York art of marvel if I win the lottery in the mean time before that one reopens!)
Hong Kong - Not sure wherever looks good, haven't planned details for this bit
Shanghai - Not sure wherever looks good, would also like to potentially go into the city for a few days and see some other stuff too
Tokyo - Miracosta Tokyo Disney Sea for 5 nights, then on into the city for a few nights somewhere equally nice. Then get a bullet train to Osaka and see Universal Studios Japan cos I wanna go to Nintendo land and it would be rude not to whilst so close
Disneyland - Grand Californian, 10 nights, use it as a base to also do some other stuff in the area
WDW - Will be there for a good 3 weeks and move around a few times.

Writing this has made me realise I need to do some more work on the finer details of my dream trip but that's okay, I've plenty of time, and there's no budget, it's certainly not happening in reality anytime soon short of lottery win, I'm guessing the cost would run over £100k!
This sounds amazing 🤩

Dream trips to Disneyworld? All the time (though less in the past year or so :() Mine generally involve lots of family and friends and either staying at a vast villa or taking over a whole block of 2br/grand villa DVC apartments.

I think for my immediate family though it would be an overwater villa at the polynesian for a couple of weeks before a suite at hard rock hotel for a week.

Outside of disney I have a dream trip for each continent I think :)
First europe - we'd load up the car with tents and stoves and just go. Head east through Germany, stopping at some castles, stay with some friends in Poland and then drive down through Hungary to Romania then across to croatia. We'd probably leave our car somewhere in Hungary for a while (a nice farm where we'd been camping and struck up a friendship with the family) and take trains into Budapest and across to Vienna for a bit of a change from forests and tents.
After Croatia we would drive across the top of Italy (stopping at gardaland of course) eating lots of ice cream and pasta and then we would go to a eurocamp in France so the kids can have a break from us in an english speaking kids club. Home via disneyland paris and parc asterix and a few weeks in the uk visiting friends and theme parks during term time.
Then we jump on a plane for our next overseas adventure...

I would start in Ethiopia - visit some cave churches and walk with geladas
Then over the ghana to show the kids the forts, kakum, bobeng fiema, some bat caves and a few days relaxing at lou moon lodge.
Then to Rwanda to meet mountain gorillas and do some monkey rainforest walks
Gabon - western lowland gorillas
Namibia - hire a car with roof tents and go on safari in Etosha, then explore the deserts before seals at walvis bay and some down time at Swakopmund.

From there we'd head to costa rica and just go everywhere. Peru for yet more wildlife, the amazon and the inca trail. Fly up to florida for a month and go to parks and volunteer at give kids the world.
Then fly to denver or alberqueque and hire a campervan to go and visit mesa verde. From there I would slowly drive to Los angeles via lots of national parks.
Drop off van, visit disney, train down to san diego, visit the zoo, then what d'ya know? An east bound panama canal cruise is about to set off.

After that I think I'd be ready to go home for a bit.

Before Japan :D
Sounds so good!!!

My dream trip was to just go to WDW! We managed to go on our honeymoon for a week and then spent 4 days in New York (with a day trip to Buffalo to see the Bills win at home against the Dolphins!). I'm also lucky enough to have gone to Tokyo Disney Resort for a few days after a surprise trip to South Korea (it was for a wedding where we were only given 8 weeks notice, hence the surprise element!)

I suppose my next dream Disney trip would involve Disneyland and Aulani with the ABD Backstage Magic tour thrown in for good measure. I think DH would be on board for our 10 year wedding anniversary, just need to save up for it now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter