In Loving Memory... We’re Going Deluxe! - A Jan 2013 PTR (TR Link 01/28)

Love both your choices of resorts!!

We haven't stayed at AoA, but we have eaten there several times. It's a gorgeous resort, lots of photo opportunities!

The Beach Club, you can't go wrong! The pool is awesome. When my oldest was a toddler, he loved digging in the sand at the pool. It's so nice to walk to Epcot. We have stayed here several times, enjoyed each stay.

Yay!! Your room choices are awesome!!! We stayed Beach Club in 2008. In fact, in my old TR the photos are all still there. Take a look. It was always really nice to walk to Epcot. Are you doing Villas or just the rooms? If you are staying in the rooms, request a full balcony. There aren't that many rooms with the full balconies and it was really a nice thing to have.

I'm here! You're trip sounds like it is going to be amazing, I spent one night in AoA and I loved it, it's adorable! And the Beach Club is SO beautiful...I want to stay at the Poly someday too, it's my ultimate dream resort, but you cannot beat walking to Epcot! :yay:

Your mom is absolutely going to be there with you and your family, no doubt she had a hand in making sure this trip came together! :lovestruc
The Beach Club is going to be wonderful, I definitely want to stay there someday! I love the beach too and the theme of the resort is beautiful, along with storm along bay! So fun, I hope you get some warmer days to enjoy it! I don't know much about the food at BC except of course Beaches and Cream :cool1: If not Epcot is a short walk away :thumbsup2
Oh and again NYE is going to be amazing, and the Christmas decor will still be up for you to enjoy :santa:! I can't wait to her the NYE plans! :goodvibes

Congrats on your resort choices. I got it at least half right. :)

The Beach Club is the only resort of those I haven't stayed at that I still want to try and it looks like I might get a chance to do so on my girls trip with MaryAz and her adorable girls in June.

I would love to hear about your ADR's next.

Oh....and I loved the intros (sorry, I was out of town with our son and his fiance over the weekend and got a little behind and I'm sure it will happen again as we leave in 17 days for my hubby's surprise 60th birthday trip to Disney). Your baby is precious.

Love both your choices of resorts!!

We haven't stayed at AoA, but we have eaten there several times. It's a gorgeous resort, lots of photo opportunities!

The Beach Club, you can't go wrong! The pool is awesome. When my oldest was a toddler, he loved digging in the sand at the pool. It's so nice to walk to Epcot. We have stayed here several times, enjoyed each stay.

That must be a pretty good food court at AoA if you've gone out of your way to eat there on several occasions! We're only going to be there two short days, I hope I have enough time to explore it! If not, gonna have to go back. ;)

The only regret that I have about staying at the Beach Club now is that Peanut will be too young to enjoy that pool. At least Otaku will, so that's good. I fully intend on taking advantage of being able to walk to Epcot!

I wanted to start reading your TR, but there are so many links in there and I don't know where to start. Can you point me in the right direction? :rotfl:

Yay!! Your room choices are awesome!!! We stayed Beach Club in 2008. In fact, in my old TR the photos are all still there. Take a look. It was always really nice to walk to Epcot. Are you doing Villas or just the rooms? If you are staying in the rooms, request a full balcony. There aren't that many rooms with the full balconies and it was really a nice thing to have.

I'm so excited! :cool1: I took a quick look at your TR earlier today, but I was in a hurry. Gonna have to go back and read it more carefully. We are doing a regular garden view room, not a villa. Too expensive, but maybe we'll luck out and be able to rent DVC points there one day? My (wonderful) TA requested a full balcony for me, I sure hope I get one!

I'm here! You're trip sounds like it is going to be amazing, I spent one night in AoA and I loved it, it's adorable! And the Beach Club is SO beautiful...I want to stay at the Poly someday too, it's my ultimate dream resort, but you cannot beat walking to Epcot! :yay:

You're back! I'm looking forward to reading about your night at AoA, and the rest of your trip as well, of course.

Any hidden gem at Beach Club I should know about? And yes, Poly is the ultimate dream resort!

Your mom is absolutely going to be there with you and your family, no doubt she had a hand in making sure this trip came together! :lovestruc
The Beach Club is going to be wonderful, I definitely want to stay there someday! I love the beach too and the theme of the resort is beautiful, along with storm along bay! So fun, I hope you get some warmer days to enjoy it! I don't know much about the food at BC except of course Beaches and Cream :cool1: If not Epcot is a short walk away :thumbsup2
Oh and again NYE is going to be amazing, and the Christmas decor will still be up for you to enjoy :santa:! I can't wait to her the NYE plans! :goodvibes

:goodvibes

I love going to the (real) beach and feeling the sand in between my toes, so I'm super excited to try Stormalong Bay! Our plans (which I will speak about soon, but I'm still in the process of making them) are pretty loose so we should be able to adapt ourselves to whenever (and if ever) there is a hot day. There is literally ONE day that we can't really swim, so I sure hope it doesn't end up being the only warm day of the trip!!

I need to go to Beaches and Cream several times to try out different things! The Marketplace seems limited in food options, but room service has lots more choices so we might try that.

I love that Disney keeps their Christmas decorations until after New Years. that way I'll get to see them!

Congrats on your resort choices. I got it at least half right. :)

The Beach Club is the only resort of those I haven't stayed at that I still want to try and it looks like I might get a chance to do so on my girls trip with MaryAz and her adorable girls in June.

I would love to hear about your ADR's next.

Oh....and I loved the intros (sorry, I was out of town with our son and his fiance over the weekend and got a little behind and I'm sure it will happen again as we leave in 17 days for my hubby's surprise 60th birthday trip to Disney). Your baby is precious.

Yay for getting half right! :banana: You are so lucky to have stayed at plenty of resorts. I've only tried 2 so far, and will be doing #3 and #4 on this trip. Lots more to go!!! Which one is your favorite? I hope you get to try BC in June. It definitely will be warm enough to try the awesome pool then!

Hmmm, 1 vote for plans, 1 vote for ADRs. We need a tie-breaker!

Thanks! :goodvibes I hope you enjoyed your weekend! Your trip is coming up fast! A surprise trip, how fun!!!

I subscribed to your TR, now I just need to find the time to read it!

Ih, we've not stayed at that many...only 7 (Contemporary, Poly, all Star Sports. All Star Music, Coronado, Animal Kingdom and Old Key West. Beach Club is only other one that appeals to me....although I will probably give in to hubby and do AoA for two nights in April for his business trip in a Nemo room.:goodvibes

Thanks for subscribing to my TR.

Ih, we've not stayed at that many...only 7 (Contemporary, Poly, all Star Sports. All Star Music, Coronado, Animal Kingdom and Old Key West. Beach Club is only other one that appeals to me....although I will probably give in to hubby and do AoA for two nights in April for his business trip in a Nemo room.:goodvibes

Thanks for subscribing to my TR.

If you like Poly and don't mind spread out resorts like Coronado and OKW, maybe you would like Caribbean Beach? I thought it was so pretty when i went there. I'm glad you will give AoA a try. :thumbsup2

I've been to Disney In January, with a baby! My son's first Disney trip was over New Years 2001 when he was 8 months old. My biggest advice: pack warm clothes. I don't care what the forecast is. The forecast for our stay was mid 70s, the actual temperature on New Years eve was a high of 34. When it gets cold like that, you can't find warm clothing for babies ANYWHERE. Poor Carson had an adult mitten stuck on each arm.

My little Peanut is sick. :sick: She had a really high fever yesterday, so we went to the clinic. Her throat was red, but nothing else seemed wrong. She's a bit better today, but only because the meds help keep the fever down. It's her first time getting sick and I feel so helpless and sad for her. :worried:

Great selections on resorts! I am dying to try both of them!

Thanks! I'm dying to try them too!

I've been to Disney In January, with a baby! My son's first Disney trip was over New Years 2001 when he was 8 months old. My biggest advice: pack warm clothes. I don't care what the forecast is. The forecast for our stay was mid 70s, the actual temperature on New Years eve was a high of 34. When it gets cold like that, you can't find warm clothing for babies ANYWHERE. Poor Carson had an adult mitten stuck on each arm.
Your first post ever on the DIS is on my PTR? Wow, I'm honored! :goodvibes :welcome:, not only to my PTR but to the DIS!!

Thanks for the advice. Poor little boy, stuck with mittens on his arms to keep warm! Peanut has this adorable Minnie Mouse fleece jacket and pants that I'll make sure to bring, amongst other things!

Poor Claudia, hope she feels better soon! At least the doctor couldn't find anything badly wrong with her.

Hey Mel! :cool1: Sorry I'm late to the party. Peanut is adorable!! And I think that's the first time I heard her real name - Claudia. Very pretty name. :goodvibes

I had no idea you were going to WDW so soon!! That is awesome! And on NYE!! :banana: You are going to have so much fun. I was thinking AOA for your first resort, and hoping you were going to say the Poly for your Deluxe! Especially since you enjoyed CBR. Oh well, your reasons for choosing the BC make a lot of sense and hopefully you will it there :wizard: You can't beat the location, that's for sure! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry the baby is sick. That stinks. I remember those days and feeling so helpless and them not being able to tell me exactly what was wrong. :guilty: Hope she feels better soon!

Hope Peanut is feeling better....it's so hard when they are sick and they can't tell you what is wrong.

Hi Mel, hope Claudia is feeling better :(

Yay, my guess for the BC was right! We stayed there for the second time last month and miss it so much.

Poor Claudia, hope she feels better soon! At least the doctor couldn't find anything badly wrong with her.

Thanks, I hope so too! My throat was hurting me last night too, so maybe we both have some virus going around.

Hey Mel! :cool1: Sorry I'm late to the party. Peanut is adorable!! And I think that's the first time I heard her real name - Claudia. Very pretty name. :goodvibes

I had no idea you were going to WDW so soon!! That is awesome! And on NYE!! :banana: You are going to have so much fun. I was thinking AOA for your first resort, and hoping you were going to say the Poly for your Deluxe! Especially since you enjoyed CBR. Oh well, your reasons for choosing the BC make a lot of sense and hopefully you will it there :wizard: You can't beat the location, that's for sure! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry the baby is sick. That stinks. I remember those days and feeling so helpless and them not being able to tell me exactly what was wrong. :guilty: Hope she feels better soon!

Thank you! I love her name! :lovestruc

Up until about 2 weeks ago we too had no clue we would be going to Disney so soon! I know you guys didn't have such a great experience at Beach Club and love the Poly. I hesitated a while between the two resorts, partly because of your experience and because we love the tropical vibe so much. I hope we get a chance to stay at the Poly later on! If not we'll just keep visiting it each trip and dream as we walk through the beautiful grounds.

You are so right about them not being able to tell us what's wrong. She cried ALL NIGHT and would only sleep for little bits in our arms. I FINALLY figured out at 6am that she was cold and that's why she was crying so much. I felt like such a bad momma!

Hope Peanut is feeling better....it's so hard when they are sick and they can't tell you what is wrong.

Thanks. Read what I just replied above. I feel so guilty for not having been able to figure out what was wrong for so long. :(

Hi Mel, hope Claudia is feeling better :(

Yay, my guess for the BC was right! We stayed there for the second time last month and miss it so much.

Thank you.

Some people love the Beach Club and some don't. At first I was not interested in it, but as I read people's TR who stayed there, I wanted to try it more and more.

ronnmel said:
Some people love the Beach Club and some don't. At first I was not interested in it, but as I read people's TR who stayed there, I wanted to try it more and more.

You re so right, they do!

We also stayed at the Poly last month, and while I really liked the rooms and the tropical vibe, I really loved staying in the Epcot resort area even more :)
There is nothing like being able to walk to your resort after Illuminations or Fantasmic, especially with a child in a stroller. We often used the secret entrance into the resort which took less than 3 minutes to walk from Epcot.

I had a look around AOA while we were there and that looks fantastic!

Thank you! I love her name! :lovestruc

Up until about 2 weeks ago we too had no clue we would be going to Disney so soon! I know you guys didn't have such a great experience at Beach Club and love the Poly. I hesitated a while between the two resorts, partly because of your experience and because we love the tropical vibe so much. I hope we get a chance to stay at the Poly later on! If not we'll just keep visiting it each trip and dream as we walk through the beautiful grounds.

You are so right about them not being able to tell us what's wrong. She cried ALL NIGHT and would only sleep for little bits in our arms. I FINALLY figured out at 6am that she was cold and that's why she was crying so much. I felt like such a bad momma!

Wow that is awesome! I don't know how you are planning everything in such a short time!! But I know you will get it all done. :goodvibes

Just because we had a bad experience at the BC doesn't mean you will. You might love it and have a new favorite! You never know!! But yes, be sure to visit the Poly every chance you get. ::yes::

Aw, don't feel like a bad momma. :hug: You live and learn. It's definitely challenging the first year. :faint: I hope she feels better soon. :)

I'm following along! Your trip sounds like a lot of fun and your baby is adorable :goodvibes
Good choice on the Beach Club! I absolutely LOVE that resort! And walking to Epcot is definitely a plus! The boat is also a really relaxing ride :thumbsup2
Can't wait to hear more :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter