In Defense of Bob Chapek

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point wasn't to debate the bill. It was about how the CEO handled it. First he said nothing. Then he severely overcorrected. Not how a CEO of a multi-billion dollar company should handle things.

Nope. The state's action did no such thing. Parents can discuss these topics with their kids as soon as they are born if they want.
But was not the bill dictating to local school boards (and through them, parents) what could be taught in local schools and when? Why not leave it to local school boards?

I think it's appropriate for a company like Disney to speak out on proposed state policies it thinks harmful to its associates.

But was not the bill dictating to local school boards (and through them, parents) what could be taught in local schools and when? Why not leave it to local school boards?

I think it's appropriate for a company like Disney to speak out on proposed state policies it thinks harmful to its associates.

No, it was telling school boards that the decision belongs with the each individual parent. A handful of people on a school board don't dictate this dicussion for a parent. Other parents as a collective don't decide for any parent. Just the parent of the child on a case by case basis. Nobody is harmed because they can't talk to other people's 5 to 8 year old children about these topics.

Not sure how this even became controversial. And Chapek found a way to make EVERYONE mad about it.

I was responding to the comment that this was not even on the radar , 10 years ago.
But I agree Sorry I entered . Time to exit!
Disney will survive They still allow religion in the Parks for Candlelight Processionail . I guess some would think that controversial too.

Last edited:
I was responding to the comment that this was not even on the radar , 10 years ago.
But I agree Sorry I entered . Time to exit!
Disney will survive They still allow religion in the Parks for Candlelight Processionail . I guess some would think that controversial too.
I don’t search for controversy. However I do embrace tradition. And from time to time things change and what was once acceptable becomes controversial. Thus the changes to POC and Splash. It’s incredibly hard for a company like WDW to satisfy all of these competing values/opinions. Thus my comment way back in this thread that the job of CEO of Disney, while lucrative, is no walk in the park.

I will add on that the CEO of such a large corporation doesn’t operate in a vacuum. He isn’t the sole decision maker. He may have last say but to think that there isn’t any discussion going on before hand is incredibly blind to how corporations function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter