In Case Of Medical Problems When Staying At A Resort

AndyMcV

DIS Veteran
Hi Gang

We're staying at the Dolphin from May 29th to June 9th with our DD who is allergic to some foods. Just wondering if we had a medical emergency or needed a doctor what is available?

Thanks
Andy

AndyMcV - Hi, I found this doctors office on these boards a few months ago and wrote the info down as my kids ALWAYS seem to get sick at WDW. :confused3

They are called "After Hours Pediatrics" - the phone number is 407-363-5753.

They were highly recommended by people on the DIS for Families board and sounds like they accept all major insurance plans, also. (It was August when I found this info - so I don't really remember everything except they sounded nice, nice office, open 7 days a week and I felt secure having the info on hand)

I think they will also come and pick you up if you don't have a rental car, but I am not sure.

Have a fun trip - hope you all stay healthy!!

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

My sister's daughter was sick once during a WDW visit and they went to the ER of the hospital in Celebration. Very good experience.

Thanks for the great info.

Also, does anyone have the name and number of the Pharmacy that Disney associates with?

We had to use them this past March, as my DD2 came down with pink eye while we were on the plane. We had our dr. call in the prescription for drops and they delivered it right to our resort.

I didn't hang on to the info, and I wanted to keep their name and phone number on hand for our next trip...just in case we'd need it again.

Thanks!!

Turner Drugs will deliver to your resort. I don't know the number. I called the front desk at Wilderness Lodge and they connected me right to them.

Good wishes that you won't need them!!!

A few years ago, my 15 month old DD got sick while we were staying at Port Orleans. I called the front desk to ask about a doctor's office, and she gave me the number of a doctor who made house calls to the resort! I called the number (it was around 11:30 PM) and they said he would be out the next morning. Sure enough, the Dr. was at our room around 9:00 AM. He was really nice and actually had the medicine my DD needed (Amoxil).

Florida Hospital has a clinic with Turner Drugs next door to it. I called the front desck at CR last year. Very quicky the Florida Hos. van was there to pick me up. The clinic is just off property. The service was very professional and I was able to pick up my meds at Turner Drugs next door to the clinic and the van was waiting to take me back to the CR. There were many other disney guest at the clinic as well as cast members. I was very happy with the service but sad to be sick on vacation. Yuck!

Hi Andy! I have two experiences with the med services available while in WDW (both times at the Dolphin). In 2002, our neighbors were visiting and their daughter was injured while rough-housing in the room w/an older cousin. She was only 2 at the time, and needed medical care for a "cut" on her mouth. The Dolphin sent a staff member to their room, had a town-car waiting to whisk them to the Hospital in Celebration where she was promptly treated. They covered everything.

Last summer, another friend was visiting the Dolphin when her son's ear became infected and very painful. She called a physician to the room, and her son was treated and two prescriptions were delivered to the concierge asap (everything was charged to her room). The entire fee for this service, including both antibiotics and eardrops was $160.00. I found it very affordable for IN-ROOM bed-side service. Hope this helps. :cloud9:

DF99 :wave2:

Has anyone ever experienced a medical emergency while in one of the parks? My DH suffered a serious head injury last year which left him with a tendency to have seizures followed by temporary memory loss. I am concerned that DH might have a seizure if he over does it (too many rides and blistering heat). So, I have lectured DH on taking it easy and plan on putting ID cards on each of my kids (ages 9, 8 and 6) with our names, our hotel, room number, my cell phone, etc. so that if I am not with him that someone will know how to contact me. Unless he hurt himself, he would not require a hospital visit, but he would need to get back to the room to rest. Would Disney be able to transport him back to the resort (Poly)? Any other ideas on how I should prepare for this? Has anyone else had to deal with this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter