** IMPORTANT ** Trouble with huge signatures...

WebmasterKathy

DIS Veteran
Looks like it's time to remind everyone of the signature guidelines here on the DISboards. There's a post stuck at the top of the Teen Board about the signature guidelines. You can also find these on the Tech Support board under frequently asked questions.

The highlights of the guidelines are:

* You may have up to THREE (3) images in your signature. Images include pictures, graphics, countdowns... but not the DISboards smilies.

* Each image can be a maximum of 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

* The filesize of all of your images added together cannot be larger than 50KB. You can check your file size by right clicking on an image, selecting PROPERTIES, and looking for FILE SIZE. The pixel size is also found in this box.

* You can have up to TWELVE (12) lines of text in your signature. This includes blank lines, and smilies do count as text.

* Any links in signatures have to follow the rules listed in the The DIS posting guidelines . No advertising, can't lead to sites with objectionable content, the site must have a link back to the DISboards, etc.

* No personal attacks or comments that are insulting to other posters, in posts -OR- in signatures.

Several of the signatures of Teen Board posters are oversized, with too many images, images that take up too much screen space (pixel size), images that are too big in KB size, or too many lines of text.

If your signature does not meet the size guidelines, it will be deleted. If you have questions, post them on the Tech Support board and the folks there will be happy to help you figure out if you're okay. :)

HilaryDuff9008, you need to read the part about pixel size again.

Each image can be up to 200 pixels tall. You've got one that's 400 pixels, and that one needs to go.

WebmasterKathy said:
HilaryDuff9008, you need to read the part about pixel size again.

Each image can be up to 200 pixels tall. You've got one that's 400 pixels, and that one needs to go.

why do we need it to be a certan size it'ss just a sig it wont hurt anyone

HilaryDuff9008 said:

It probably takes up too much space and makes it slower for things to load up.

HilaryDuff9008 said:
We can only handle so many pixels onthe boards in total.If we let people put any size pics up they want, the boards would be so slow they wouldn't work.
Follow the guidelines and fix it or it will be deleted again.

As for nightmare, you must follow these guidelines or your signature will continue to be deleted!

After like, 13 attempts, what...2-3 sig deletions, and one really ticked off dude on another board....I have a sig within the rules.
err3.gif

Late.

Spear said:
After like, 13 attempts, what...2-3 sig deletions, and one really ticked off dude on another board....I have a sig within the rules.
err3.gif

Late.

Thank you for taking the time to do it. We really appreciate it.

daughter_of_amid_chaos said:
We can only handle so many pixels onthe boards in total.If we let people put any size pics up they want, the boards would be so slow they wouldn't work.
Follow the guidelines and fix it or it will be deleted again.

As for nightmare, you must follow these guidelines or your signature will continue to be deleted!

Just a question I know there is a certan size thinng but why can you pm tham say there sig is too bigg?

HilaryDuff9008 said:
Just a question I know there is a certan size thinng but why can you pm tham say there sig is too bigg?

You can PM them but some of their inbox's are full. Since you asked I'll tell you yours is full because I tried to send you one to tell you but it woudn't let me cause it was full.

PG Sweetie said:
You can PM them but some of their inbox's are full. Since you asked I'll tell you yours is full because I tried to send you one to tell you but it woudn't let me cause it was full.

FULL? there all in my folder buti'll delete them if you want me to cuz I have a lot in my folder :maleficen

HilaryDuff9008 said:
FULL? there all in my folder buti'll delete them if you want me to cuz I have a lot in my folder :maleficen
That's sort of the point.......... You have 120 PMs in your inbox, favorites, or sent box together. You need to delete them to earn them.

MonorailDude said:
That's sort of the point.......... You have 120 PMs in your inbox, favorites, or sent box together. You need to delete them to earn them.

how do you that I have 120 messege?

HilaryDuff9008 said:
how do you that I have 120 messege?

Because that's the limit. If people trying to send you PMs get a message that your mailbox is full, that means that there are 120 messages there (inbox and outbox together), and that is what makes it full.

Spear said:
err3.gif

Late.
what a mean little smiley face

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter