I'm so MAD! Help me calm down and analyze options! Please! :D

Let me clarify my issue was that from the first offer we had requested that closing docs be emailed or faxed because I knew I would be gone during closing likely and I didn't want to hold up the lengthy process. I realize the title company is the issue but Fidelity chooses who to use. I should have requested the company I had used on previous purchases but I just went with what Fidelity used.

I've calmed down. We'll just send the docs when I get back next. I won't use Fidelity for future purchases, lesson learned. I actually am staying at Disney as bookends to this business trip. That helps (as a total aside...1 night at POFQ, 1 at ASM, and 1 AKV...see I need more points!) to distract and remind.

SotS

Let me clarify my issue was that from the first offer we had requested that closing docs be emailed or faxed because I knew I would be gone during closing likely and I didn't want to hold up the lengthy process. I realize the title company is the issue but Fidelity chooses who to use. I should have requested the company I had used on previous purchases but I just went with what Fidelity used.

I've calmed down. We'll just send the docs when I get back next. I won't use Fidelity for future purchases, lesson learned. I actually am staying at Disney as bookends to this business trip. That helps (as a total aside...1 night at POFQ, 1 at ASM, and 1 AKV...see I need more points!) to distract and remind.

SotS
Did you communicate your needs with the closing company ahead of time or count on the broker forwarding your request? If so, what did they say at the time?

I did not contact the title company because we used Fidelity's title company rather than requesting the one we had used before. I will request the title company if we decide to make further purchases! I did not actually know who the title company was until about 15 minutes ago when I walked in the door.

I have received the closing docs and will send them off tomorrow. I did expect that the broker who was dealing with the title company would let them know of my request. I made the request multiple times to the broker and to the person who emailed me the documents from the broker.

I don't like that this is so last minute because of the mailing vs emailing thing but we will survive--hopefully overnight really does mean overnight!

Thanks to those who forwarded this thread on to Sharon. She let me know she had received it when she called to say that the seller's docs were in. Hopefully this won't happen to someone else in the future as a result. :thumbsup2

SotS

I did not contact the title company because we used Fidelity's title company rather than requesting the one we had used before. I will request the title company if we decide to make further purchases! I did not actually know who the title company was until about 15 minutes ago when I walked in the door.

I have received the closing docs and will send them off tomorrow. I did expect that the broker who was dealing with the title company would let them know of my request. I made the request multiple times to the broker and to the person who emailed me the documents from the broker.

I don't like that this is so last minute because of the mailing vs emailing thing but we will survive--hopefully overnight really does mean overnight!

Thanks to those who forwarded this thread on to Sharon. She let me know she had received it when she called to say that the seller's docs were in. Hopefully this won't happen to someone else in the future as a result. :thumbsup2

SotS
Given your special request you should have made a point of talking directly to the party at the Title company who would be handling your file and I'm sure you would if you had it to do again. Many brokers won't let you chose the title company and even if they do, I generally wouldn't want to get them out of their comfort zone. Look at them as a set, if you're not comfortable with who they normally use, don't buy from them at all rather than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter