I'm so disappointed and I don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
This latest change in policy, while not welcome, is not a big deal. I was there in May when they annouced te easing of mask restrictions to the same level that takes effect tomorrow. You had to wear your mask while inside and outside only on boat transportation or while in line for an attraction. It wasn't bad at all. August will be hotter for the OP, but its not as though you weren't going to sweat anyway in August in Florida. You can still have a good time

The here now thread tomorrow will answer this question immediately after park open tomorrow. As I read this, it means outdoor rides and queues, but as with everything in Disney these days, the best source of information is from guests’ actual experiences.

Last edited:
Sorry you have to cancel your trip. Disney will always be there when you are ready to go.
A friend of mine is waitlisted for Nov. Hope she gets your room.

LOL, so do I.
I have a WL for November 11 in a one bedroom P/G view at BWVs to complete a nine night stay. I have our first night in a studio but the rest in the one bedroom. I have a WL and automatic refresh to modify. That day has been a unicorn even before the announcement of the half marathon.

FWIW (I don’t know if a previous poster stated this) was at magic Kingdom in early June when this was the mask policy and in queues you only needed to mask up when you reached the main entrance so with attractions like slinky dog over at studios if the line is down past the land entrance and over the bridge you’d only need to worry about masking up once you get to the attraction itself

While I am definitely daunted by the prospect of wearing a mask outdoors in late August / early September, I can only hope this will keep some people away and the lines may be a tad shorter as a result. As Dr. Nigel Channing once said, always look on the bright side of life!

The part you bolded seems to pretty clearly answer your question. Whether they enforce it or not is a different story.
Except that's not how the web page announcement reads. There is no mention of "indoors or out". It's rather confusing because the exact wording is:

Which could be interpreted as "while indoors, masks must be worn by everyone regardless of vaccination status including indoor attraction queues". You'll note that the announcement ends with stating that face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas. Many of the extended queues reach into those outdoor common areas where one family can be standing in line while several others are passing by or sitting without masks. I really think we need to wait to see where the rule will apply.

Reactions: M&E
While I am definitely daunted by the prospect of wearing a mask outdoors in late August / early September, I can only hope this will keep some people away and the lines may be a tad shorter as a result. As Dr. Nigel Channing once said, always look on the bright side of life!

My sentiments exactly. I think quite the number of people will bail and that might result in some shorter que lines! :tinker:

Except that's not how the web page announcement reads. There is no mention of "indoors or out". It's rather confusing because the exact wording is:
View attachment 593034

Which could be interpreted as "while indoors, masks must be worn by everyone regardless of vaccination status including indoor attraction queues". You'll note that the announcement ends with stating that face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas. Many of the extended queues reach into those outdoor common areas where one family can be standing in line while several others are passing by or sitting without masks. I really think we need to wait to see where the rule will apply.

I agree! We definitely need clarification on this new mask policy. I can't imagine CMs are going to be policing mask wearing in outside queues that spill out onto walkways and common areas.

So true. We went in early March and it was cool for March and the masks, while still a bit annoying, were not a big deal at all...however last year in Sept....just miserable and that was with capacity limits.

I agree with that we went universal in March it wasn't that bad but last Sept when we went to Disney for a few day it was not that fun and we had social distancing that gave us some breeze. I'm still not sure what we will do for our November trip. I don't want to pay rack rate anyway so this is just another hit.

Wearing a mask indoors-only will not affect our Xmas week trip at all. We're vaccinated but will still follow whatever protocol is in place at the time. I'm still more concerned about Fast Passes, open restaurants, adequate number of CMs and park capacity! :)

Kind of hoping lots of people cancel so I see some fall hotel discounts.... 😜 Masks or no masks - No way I'm canceling.

Our spring break trip in April was fine fully masked indoors and out. Yes, it got sweaty sometimes, so we stopped and drank water. Or went to the pool. Switched to dry masks....

Disney website and MDE seems to be down for me.
Working just fine for me.

And to the OP, I echo the sentiments that tell you to do whatever is most comfortable for your family.

I am happy that Disney has reinstated the mask policy. I have trips planned for Dec 2021, Feb, May & Nov 2022. And my family has decided that it’s unlikely we will cancel any of them and we will follow whatever protocols are in place at the time of each trip. But that is what works best for us. If the idea of masking up makes you uncomfortable then it might be best to postpone.

We were there in June and the same policy then (it changed after we left). So nothing new for us in September. At least we don‘t have to wear it outside like our March and May trips.
We were there in June also and it was much much better than when we went last October when you had to wear mask outdoors as well. It was slightly confusing though because you'd forget when to put on the mask on and when to take it off. You walk out of ride and walk around for a few minutes before realizing it. The whole thing IMO is silly because throughout the park and directly adjacent to the lines are people standing right next to each other without masks. But the air in the line right next to you is dangerous :scratchin? And now with fireworks open it's even more ridiculous to wear masks in line.

I wouldn't be canceling Disney trips because of Covid restrictions because who knows how long these rules are going to get turned on and off again :confused3. We built in extra non-park days to get some relief from masks. We went to the waterparks or the movie theatre, or resort pool instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter