I'm Sad and Mad At The CoronaVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, guys, but I’m giving up hope again. Not because of the virus, but Disneyland. I’ve heard Newsom refused to reopen Disneyland during the guidelines. Even if the virus miraculously goes away, I think Disneyland is not going to survive and it’ll be close forever. I guess us people of California are no longer lucky Like Florida, I guess I might have to give up my annual pass. Goodbye Disneyland.:sad:

Disneyland
Born: 1955
Died: 2020
Don't worry. What you heard is inaccurate. The governor didn't "refuse to open Disneyland," he said that he deliberately left that conversation out of the news conference to be discussed directly with the theme parks later in the afternoon:

and

Last edited:
Okay. And I'm sorry the way I acted. I hope I'll never do that again.
Hang in there -- we had good news for OC today: progress from Red to Orange! That's movement in the right direction. Still no news on guidelines for theme parks to reopen, but moving to Orange is still Good News for everyone. Keep telling yourself that, "We WILL Get There!"

Hang in there -- we had good news for OC today: progress from Red to Orange! That's movement in the right direction. Still no news on guidelines for theme parks to reopen, but moving to Orange is still Good News for everyone. Keep telling yourself that, "We WILL Get There!"
I've heard. And that is indeed good news.

I'm starting to lose hope ag.......just kidding! I'm not losing hope this time. Although, I almost started to lose hope again, but this time I recover myself. But my biggest concern is that Disneyland has been closed for six months and the California Officials didn't give Disneyland and other theme parks some safety guidelines. I know Disney is a huge company and it's unlikely they'll be out of business, but I just hope Disneyland won't get bankrupt. But, I'll keep hoping for Disneyland to reopen soon and the end of the virus.

Hi,
I’m a little concern about next year. I keep hearing that 2021 might be a bad year as 2020. Disney upcoming animated movies like Raya and the Last Dragon, Luca, and Encanto are going to flop. And even if Disneyland reopens we won’t see parades, shows, and maybe won’t bring out characters to greet guests. I’m scared that 2021 is going to be a bad year, and thinking nothing will ever be better, since the pandemic is been going on forever. However, I’m not giving up hope. In fact, I was hoping I was wrong on thinking 2021 is going to be a bad year. So, hopefully if the vaccines is ready by Halloween, maybe a miracle recovery and returning to normal earlier will hopefully make 2021 a better year than this year.

Hi,
I’m a little concern about next year. I keep hearing that 2021 might be a bad year as 2020. Disney upcoming animated movies like Raya and the Last Dragon, Luca, and Encanto are going to flop. And even if Disneyland reopens we won’t see parades, shows, and maybe won’t bring out characters to greet guests. I’m scared that 2021 is going to be a bad year, and thinking nothing will ever be better, since the pandemic is been going on forever. However, I’m not giving up hope. In fact, I was hoping I was wrong on thinking 2021 is going to be a bad year. So, hopefully if the vaccines is ready by Halloween, maybe a miracle recovery and returning to normal earlier will hopefully make 2021 a better year than this year.
Keep the faith! You've been in my thoughts this past week. I know the headlines and debate over the reopening guidelines rumored release must have been stressful for you. Keep hanging in there! Disneyland will come back the best way they can -- maybe just a little bit at a time in the beginning, step by step, then allowing more and more as they are allowed to do so, then (one fine day!) bringing back all the magic that we love. We just have to be strong and patient. I know you've been trying hard not to to lose control or to give in to fear and despair -- good for you!

Hi,
I think you underestimate Disney's ability to be creative :) As we do see character parade pop up in WDW, the selfie spots in Disneyland Paris. Characters in one way or the other are a huge part of a Disney park, I believe that Disneyland will be creative in finding ways to incorporate characters, without causing congestion.

And as for the movies, I think next year, as soon as the theaters reopen, those movies have the option to become huge hits. Because everyone is craving new material and new experiences.

We are getting closer to good treatments, we are getting closer to vaccines. It might be a bad year in comparison to 2019, but it should be better than 2020. Look at it in perspective, yes, it feels like it's going on forever, but it's only 8 months. It's nothing on a lifetime, it just feels longer.

Like LuckyRabbit is saying, be strong and be patient. :)

Keep the faith! You've been in my thoughts this past week. I know the headlines and debate over the reopening guidelines rumored release must have been stressful for you. Keep hanging in there! Disneyland will come back the best way they can -- maybe just a little bit at a time in the beginning, step by step, then allowing more and more as they are allowed to do so, then (one fine day!) bringing back all the magic that we love. We just have to be strong and patient. I know you've been trying hard not to to lose control or to give in to fear and despair -- good for you!
Thanks for thinking of me. And I’ll do my best.
I think you underestimate Disney's ability to be creative :) As we do see character parade pop up in WDW, the selfie spots in Disneyland Paris. Characters in one way or the other are a huge part of a Disney park, I believe that Disneyland will be creative in finding ways to incorporate characters, without causing congestion.

And as for the movies, I think next year, as soon as the theaters reopen, those movies have the option to become huge hits. Because everyone is craving new material and new experiences.

We are getting closer to good treatments, we are getting closer to vaccines. It might be a bad year in comparison to 2019, but it should be better than 2020. Look at it in perspective, yes, it feels like it's going on forever, but it's only 8 months. It's nothing on a lifetime, it just feels longer.

Like LuckyRabbit is saying, be strong and be patient. :)
I know that. And I hope what you said are right. And like I said, I’ll do the best I can.

I wanted to show you a list of all the character things Disneyland Paris has. As I think Disneyland Paris is very similar to DL as in audience and mentality, it might give a glimpse what the options are :)

As you can see, we have 4 different character offerings during the Halloween season. This is in addition to pop up parades and the fab five waiving you hello in the morning and goodbye in the evening from the train station.

- Magic shots.
I know maybe not new for the US, but it is in Paris :) But they keep updating these. I have been in July and early September and they have renewed now for the third time some of the magic shots.
Halloween, Cheshire Cat, Old Hag, Evil Queen, Stitch, Captain Hook, and the Hyenas are all new now. Plus in the Studios Tower of Terror is new, I'm not sure about Remy's.

- Selfie spots
Here you stand 6ft away from the characters and can take a selfie with them in the background. This sounds worse than it is. You are still close enough to have interaction with them. Face characters are close enough to talk to and fur characters still understand sign language. They still notice if you have a sweater, a bag, a plushie or anything that resembles their movie.

- Selfie zone
Here we can meet several characters. Like in the Studios we have Elsa & Anna together, in the Park we have Mickey and 2 other characters in Halloween outfits. Can be Pluto & Goofy, or Minnie and Donald are in the mix. For Halloween they also have 2x four villains, one line up has Cruella, Gaston, Frollo & Jafar. You all take your picture with them one after the other.

- Surprise
These are little 'shows', Maleficent is on the balcony of the castle, a big entrance with smoke and all, Diablo is with her. And over the speakers she talks to the people below how she is the mistress of all Evil.

Disneyland Park The Studios
120996536_1473766686146692_6076163469598740028_o.jpg
120909725_1473766659480028_5776785384448167214_o.jpg

I am not that familiar with DL, as only one visit, but I can see this happening in DL as well. One of the things we use are the theaters. I can imagine that Mickey and the Magical Map can have a set up similar to ours to have a selfie zone. Same for the theater where they perform Frozen the musical or the Royal Theater. All you need is a backdrop and a character.
I can see Tiana on the balconies at New Orleans Square talking to people
One of the pop up 'parades' in the Studios we have are Mr. & Mrs. Incredible going by on 'segways', that can very easily work in DCA.
Mickey's regular meet & greet can maybe be used as a selfie zone (don't remember how much space there was inside)

DL's biggest problem is that it's relatively small, so congestion happens easily. But with the reduced guest capacity and that it doesn't take that long to take a selfie, it should be very possible. And it would differentiate DL from WDW. I can spot some little corners on the DL map that can be cornered off to make this possible.

What I am trying to say is, that if DL follow's DLP's example, characters are not going to be a worry :) If you need more pictures of how it all looks, let me know and I'll upload some .

@TsWade2 : This week has been hard for so many of us Disneyland fans. Keep hanging in there! You are so not alone. The Disney team has to find their way through this mess and we need to give them and the CMs our support. Take a deep breath each day and keep on swimming! We'll be right there with you.

@TsWade2 : This week has been hard for so many of us Disneyland fans. Keep hanging in there! You are so not alone. The Disney team has to find their way through this mess and we need to give them and the CMs our support. Take a deep breath each day and keep on swimming! We'll be right there with you.
I didn't post anything yet, but thanks.

I didn't post anything yet, but thanks.
I know you didn't, but I wanted you to know that you are not forgotten and that we still think about you here. Did you see the news about BVS reopening for shopping and dining? That is some good news, at least!

I know you didn't, but I wanted you to know that you are not forgotten and that we still think about you here. Did you see the news about BVS reopening for shopping and dining? That is some good news, at least!
I did. I'm happy for that. Not much, but it's a start.

Hi everyone, I know this thread is two years old now, but I just bump into this thread to let you guys know how I'm doing. Well, I've been doom and gloom from time to time and it's no fun. However, I'm glad Disneyland is reopened again, even though I don't like their modified plans. So, I'm glad Disneyland is not going to close forever. Closing a whole year was terrible. Also, I've been hearing that we're getting close for the endemic, meaning the end of the pandemic. I hope so. And I was this close to visit Disneyland last year, but my brother had a stomach problem. I blame the food that my brother eats. I hope I can go to Disneyland this year. All in al, I'm starting to get better and I'm feeling hopeful the pandemic will end soon, even though we have to deal with the virus forever, but not as bad as the beginning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!