I'm guessing our family is done with Disney

We go every year, and while I wish there were more FPs allowed per day, it certainly won't stop us from going. Here's how I see it...

For example, let's say I am in a park for 14 hours a day. If I only get to do 15 rides that day instead of the usual 20, I have still spent the same amount of hours making memories with my family. That's what it boils down to for me. It's about quality time together, and I can have that quality time whether I'm on a few more rides or not.

This is a good attitude to have. I'll admit, I have been grumpy about all of these changes, but I have to remember that regardless, I will make memories with my family. I just hope that they aren't memories of standing in long lines with them. ;) I am sure in the end, our upcoming trip will be fine. :thumbsup2

I am a rope drop person. We like to go back to the room around noon and come back later in the evening. I think it will work out great for us. ;)
I will let you know in March.

3 is less than 6.

But are you SURE about that? Maybe you put the decimal in the wrong place or rounded incorrectly? Did you account for pi? Maybe if you did the computation while standing on Main Street it would come out differently?

Wow! Hmm! I live in CALI and we do not have that new system at DL/DCA.

Is it really all that bad?

HEY to all those that hate the new system at WDW why don't you come here!!!!

You will get all the MAGIC and then some from the Park that Walt walked in!!!!

We have CARS LAND!!!!

OK, I've been telling people this for some time. We made the great escape out west last month to escape all of this. My daughter is insisting we skip the Mine Coaster and head back west again this year. But I'm starting to think I need to stop making this recommendation. I mean..... DLR is pretty busy all ready. I'm not sure I'll like it as much if everyone who hates FP+ does the same thing we did........... :cool2:

We have used the system while it was in testing. Both with tiers and without tiers. With tiers, we absolutely hated it.

Telling people who dislike tiers and a limit of 3 FPs is merely a way of telling a huge portion of the population to shut up and go away.

Anybody who has been to WDW a few times knows if they will like it with these limitations in place.

Telling people who dislike tiers and a limit of 3 FPs is merely a way of telling a huge portion of the population to shut up and go away.

Anybody who has been to WDW a few times knows if they will like it with these limitations in place.

:thumbsup2 We could have dealt with 3 FP's per days. We go for extended periods so 3 isn't terrible. But the tiers are terrible. We ended up making so many waste FP's that we never used. We are going to visit again this year and see how the visit goes. We are considering changing over to Disneyland for awhile.

Very disappointing to see the unfortunate regression from "Magic Your Way" to "Magic Our Way (like it or not)" by WDW execs.

Well, now, that just about sums it up for most people. Very well put! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm confused. If you've been going to Disney for 30 years, then you stood for 20 years in line with no fastpass at all. My teenage memories include standing in hour long lines for all kinds of rides and feeling it was totally worth it.

So Disney is still offering you a much better experience than that.

EXACTLY!! Didn't most of us start touring WDW before there was any type of Fastpass?! We all have magical memories of those trips, right??! :confused3 I just do not understand the outrage over changes at a vacation destination! If you only had real issues to worry about!

It is truly sad to see these kinds of threads / posts.

There are some things about the new system that I'm not thrilled about. The limit of 3 passes / day, AND tiering on top of it means the days of riding Toy Story 4 times with little to no wait are gone (we don't ride TOT, and only occasionally doe someone in our group do RnRC), but this is life.

I don't think it is a big enough deal to ruin the vacation for my family. At the very least, we will go and try it once, and see how it works out. I fully expect too, that after this is rolled out completely, we will see some further adjustment to the system. The end product, I still think, may be somewhat different than what we have right now, and better suited to keeping us all out of those long lines.

Now, I don't know much about fastpass+, and I've only been to Disney 13 times, which is considered squat by all of your wonderful veterans - :rotfl2: - but I agree with everyone else here. Even if it's bad, it's Disney, for gosh sakes. Money can't buy happiness, but Disney really is the next best thing for a lot of us. I encourage you to take a try at FP+, see what it's like, before bailing. Disney isn't just about getting onto good ride lines - it's about the magic, ya know?

The end product, I still think, may be somewhat different than what we have right now, and better suited to keeping us all out of those long lines.

Sorry, but with the way the company's headed, I just don't see an economic incentive for them to help you out here. They have your park entry money already -- three FP+s is "fair" -- you're on your own after that.

To the OP, as long as you don't go during peak season, you are the type of WDW guest that most benefits from the FP+ system. If you like to sleep in and arrive in the park late, you weren't getting FP- to rides like Soarin' or TSMM before. This system lets you have one FP for those rides.

I get the grief from folks that like to arrive early and pull many FP-, but that isn't possible for the headliners for guests arriving late. You might pull 3 FP- for headliners arriving late - maybe - and you probably miss out on the best rides entirely.

This system actually helps you. I know - we did exactly this last week. It was awesome knowing that we could show up at DHS at noon, grab a leisurely lunch, then start using our fast passes for TSMM and ToT. Yeah, we had to ride single rider on RnRC, but we had to do that before when we arrived late. And arriving late before meant missing out on TSMM entirely unless you are willing to wait a very long time in that line, as FP- were gone by 10:30 even on low crowd days.

I am confused as to how this hurts someone with your touring style. Seriously, I would try it before you decide, but that is up to you.

EXACTLY!! Didn't most of us start touring WDW before there was any type of Fastpass?! We all have magical memories of those trips, right??! :confused3 I just do not understand the outrage over changes at a vacation destination! If you only had real issues to worry about!

I am with you on this. I remember as a child waiting in line for rides for what seemed like forever. I think people became spoiled with the FP option. Honestly I wish Disney would just scratch it all together since so many are complaining about how the run their company . It seems going back to nothing but the stand by line would save them a ton of money and lots of the headaches associated with guest demanding Disney provide them with instant ride access and advice for them on how to run their business.

Very disappointing to see the unfortunate regression from "Magic Your Way" to "Magic Our Way (like it or not)" by WDW execs.

That's the best one line summary of this mess I have seen yet. :thumbsup2

I am with you on this. I remember as a child waiting in line for rides for what seemed like forever. I think people became spoiled with the FP option. Honestly I wish Disney would just scratch it all together since so many are complaining about how the run their company . It seems going back to nothing but the stand by line would save them a ton of money and lots of the headaches associated with guest demanding Disney provide them with instant ride access and advice for them on how to run their business.

This makes no sense :headache:
What they had worked just fine.
They are improving something that doesn't need improving (IMO).
They think with this billions of dollars "improvement" they can get people to spend/"enjoy" more time in the disney bubble so they get more $ because they will be SO HAPPY to be able to "lock in" 3 FPs.
(what most people don't know is that with a little bit of research and work they could've locked in 6+ fps... :laughing: )

I assume this works for the newbies in general but totally NOT the vets who knows how to work the current system to the best way possible for their families.

FP+ = Ride rationing to me

I know all FP+ supporters don't agree with this but I totally do.

If our family can get 6+ FPs before and minimal wait on other rides but now we can only get 3 and long wait on etix rerides how is that not ride rationing?

The previous system benefits people who do their homework and wants to do the hardwork.

The current system "tries" to make it fair (= more $$$$$ for Disney) for everyone regardless on whether you want to do the research and work or not.

All the people that says "more room for us", that's not going to be true I don't think.
In the end the Disney will "train" all the guests minds that 3 FP+ is the awesomest thing in the world and people will still come.
So I doubt there will be a huge drop in guest visits.

But us people who are not happy will still get to vote with our $ and say "see you in a couple years or so!" instead of our normal "See you in 4-6months!". And also voice our displeasure with the new system.
They might/might not care, but we can still voice them... :thumbsup2

How will you know that for sure unless you have tried it? I don't get it, bashing it before you have tried it first hand.

Sigh because people have this thing called reading comprehension...they can read something and realized it might not work for them and they are not willing to risk all that money on something they may or may not be able to make work or enjoy.

We experienced FP+ prior to the tiering and when FP- was still available, but I can read enough now and know how we tour to know that tiering stinks, and not be able to pick FP+s for the rides we WANT to ride stinks, if I want to use all 3of my FPs for Jungle Cruise, Everest or Soarin, I should be able to.

I dont know if it will keep us from going back bc we invested a lot in DVC but it certainly makes us reconsider how we are touring the parks and we are not happy about it. We will make it work I am sure but I would love to see them take away those ridiculous restrictions

Well, now, that just about sums it up for most people. Very well put! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I doubt Disney implements ANY system without first seeing what is in it for them.

As has been pointed out Fast Pass was not always in use at the parks. It was an adjustment learning how to tour using it too! If people are so set in their ways that they will only go to WDW if they can tour the way they used to, then they are the ones making it impossible to enjoy a Disney vacation.

Using FP+ is an adjustment. But it is not all negative, and my trip in December didn't suck because of it. I was willing to learn the new system and figure out how to make it work, and I was willing to adjust how I tour a bit. If someone is not willing to learn and adjust, then they will probably have a negative experience. Their choice. The tools are all there to still have a great Disney vacation. It may not be how you used to tour, but it can still be very fun.

There's nothing wrong with finding a new vacation spot if you've only gone to one place every year for 30 years. I mean, I don't think the new system is or should be to blame, at all, but there are lots of places to see in the world.

The current system "tries" to make it fair (= more $$$$$ for Disney) for everyone regardless on whether you want to do the research and work or not.

All the people that says "more room for us", that's not going to be true I don't think.
In the end the Disney will "train" all the guests minds that 3 FP+ is the awesomest thing in the world and people will still come.
So I doubt there will be a huge drop in guest visits.

But us people who are not happy will still get to vote with our $ and say "see you in a couple years or so!" instead of our normal "See you in 4-6months!". And also voice our displeasure with the new system.
They might/might not care, but we can still voice them... :thumbsup2

You just pointed out EXACTLY why this is a good idea for Disney. "more $$$$$$ for Disney" and "I doubt there will be a huge drop in guest visits". This has been my argument from the beginning- this system makes total sense for Disney. Personally, I've done two FP+ trips and am going next week- I have no problems doing the rides I want to do with the new system.

We have been giving Disney our vacation dollars for 3+ decades. In those 30+ years and I would say about 35 visits we have NEVER done a single rope drop. We are not rope drop people. Vacation to us is not getting up and running to a park at 6/7 am so we can do what we paid for. Now with this horrible FP+ system, we will be lucky to do one headliner attraction a day. Stand by lines as I predicted are growing and slowing to highest average levels ever. Disney only wants you in their parks to spend money on food and souvenirs(and soon FP's), not to see their attractions. I'm sorry Disney, it was a good run, thanks for the memories

(How soon will someone post ....good, less wait time for me or don't worry, someone will easily take your place?)

~Again... :lmao:

We go every year, and while I wish there were more FPs allowed per day, it certainly won't stop us from going. Here's how I see it...

For example, let's say I am in a park for 14 hours a day. If I only get to do 15 rides that day instead of the usual 20, I have still spent the same amount of hours making memories with my family. That's what it boils down to for me. It's about quality time together, and I can have that quality time whether I'm on a few more rides or not.
~We actually experienced more rides and experiences with FP+. Some people like more "FP+ tickets, " but we like to experience more! We can't wait head to back to WDW. :cool1:

I've experienced enough of the FP+ and MyMagic+ to know that it has bad points and a few good points,in short it's not the end of the world.However especially after seeing the Harry Potter Diagon Alley webcast Universal put out yesterday and just how fast phase 2 of the whole project went up one of the reasons I can see people giving up on Disney is the lack of new attractions and the speed (or lack thereof) of new projects to get finished.That and the expectations people will continue shelling out huge lumps of money for a product that could and should be much better.The years go by and their parks get older with few if any additions,rumors come and go of new attractions that usually never happen and right now we're at 16 years since a new park has opened,the longest span ever and with the conditions and needs of their current 4 parks which are still getting ignored who knows if they'll ever build a 5th gate.The rumors of a 3rd Universal park are out there going into land on the east side of I-4 on Universal blvd.With the new Orlando Eye project going up on International Drive and Sand Lake rd there's money coming into the area and a monorail system running from the current Universal/IOA park to a new third park continuing to the Orlando Eye through the Convention center/Pointe Orlando area and even to Sea World/Aquatica would make the whole I-Drive strip take a huge chunk out of Disney's pockets and at the speed Disney moves all this could happen before Hollywood Studios gets a new ride.
~The above sounds really great, yet the ticker in your sig is for Disney. For me, this speaks volumes and says more than anything you just wrote.

~With that said, I agree with you, except for Uni getting a third park. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter