I'm guessing our family is done with Disney

Actually you're wrong. My kids are teens now and Disney really doesn't offer us anything new to reel us back in. We enjoyed going there every year, but it was more because it was a tradition for us. My kids(and myself) have actually been enjoying Universal Studios during our visits in recent years. Also our other option is cruising which we have discovered, and that was through Disney and they will continue to get my dollars every few years through their cruise line as long as they continue to offer the quality and service that I have come to expect from them.

Great! :)

And I don't believe for one second you (or most of you) will stop going to Disney, no matter how much the complaining/dissatisfaction right now. :)

It seems to be much harder on those of you who vacation here every year to two or even more times a year, than to those of us who come once every few years. Maybe that's the difference.

We go every year, and while I wish there were more FPs allowed per day, it certainly won't stop us from going. Here's how I see it...

For example, let's say I am in a park for 14 hours a day. If I only get to do 15 rides that day instead of the usual 20, I have still spent the same amount of hours making memories with my family. That's what it boils down to for me. It's about quality time together, and I can have that quality time whether I'm on a few more rides or not.

I've experienced enough of the FP+ and MyMagic+ to know that it has bad points and a few good points,in short it's not the end of the world.However especially after seeing the Harry Potter Diagon Alley webcast Universal put out yesterday and just how fast phase 2 of the whole project went up one of the reasons I can see people giving up on Disney is the lack of new attractions and the speed (or lack thereof) of new projects to get finished.That and the expectations people will continue shelling out huge lumps of money for a product that could and should be much better.The years go by and their parks get older with few if any additions,rumors come and go of new attractions that usually never happen and right now we're at 16 years since a new park has opened,the longest span ever and with the conditions and needs of their current 4 parks which are still getting ignored who knows if they'll ever build a 5th gate.The rumors of a 3rd Universal park are out there going into land on the east side of I-4 on Universal blvd.With the new Orlando Eye project going up on International Drive and Sand Lake rd there's money coming into the area and a monorail system running from the current Universal/IOA park to a new third park continuing to the Orlando Eye through the Convention center/Pointe Orlando area and even to Sea World/Aquatica would make the whole I-Drive strip take a huge chunk out of Disney's pockets and at the speed Disney moves all this could happen before Hollywood Studios gets a new ride.

I will not cancel my planned trip and I'll give it a try. But based on my analysis of my touring style and preferences for rides over any other experience, I fully expect to avoid "Disney based" vacations in the future. After this fall, I will likely wait for Pandora and head to AK for one day while staying at Universal and/or a Seaworld hotel. I'm planning to throw in Busch Gardens next time instead.

My October 2014 trip involves staying at POP, a Sea World Hotel and Hard Rock at Universal. After this trip, I'm pretty sure there won't be enough rides at Disney to interest me any longer (nothing new under the sun) and reports of standby becoming longer and parks becoming more crowded, even in slow times will really be the deciding factor for me. Not FP+ by itself. I also don't like things on my wrist and don't charge to my room. I use gift cards and cash...so no advantage there.

I've experienced enough of the FP+ and MyMagic+ to know that it has bad points and a few good points,in short it's not the end of the world.However especially after seeing the Harry Potter Diagon Alley webcast Universal put out yesterday and just how fast phase 2 of the whole project went up one of the reasons I can see people giving up on Disney is the lack of new attractions and the speed (or lack thereof) of new projects to get finished.That and the expectations people will continue shelling out huge lumps of money for a product that could and should be much better.The years go by and their parks get older with few if any additions,rumors come and go of new attractions that usually never happen and right now we're at 16 years since a new park has opened,the longest span ever and with the conditions and needs of their current 4 parks which are still getting ignored who knows if they'll ever build a 5th gate.The rumors of a 3rd Universal park are out there going into land on the east side of I-4 on Universal blvd.With the new Orlando Eye project going up on International Drive and Sand Lake rd there's money coming into the area and a monorail system running from the current Universal/IOA park to a new third park continuing to the Orlando Eye through the Convention center/Pointe Orlando area and even to Sea World/Aquatica would make the whole I-Drive strip take a huge chunk out of Disney's pockets and at the speed Disney moves all this could happen before Hollywood Studios gets a new ride.

Now that's a legitimate reason for us to not really go back.

This trip we are going all out - 9 nights, Beach Club, dining plan, the best! That's because we don't think we will go back, so we're going for the works!! :rotfl:

We are already planning next year's vacation slowly....Royal Caribbean Cruise possibly....

I'm not ruling out going back, but not until there's something new to entice us. :)

We have been giving Disney our vacation dollars for 3+ decades. In those 30+ years and I would say about 35 visits we have NEVER done a single rope drop. We are not rope drop people. Vacation to us is not getting up and running to a park at 6/7 am so we can do what we paid for. Now with this horrible FP+ system, we will be lucky to do one headliner attraction a day. Stand by lines as I predicted are growing and slowing to highest average levels ever. Disney only wants you in their parks to spend money on food and souvenirs(and soon FP's), not to see their attractions. I'm sorry Disney, it was a good run, thanks for the memories (How soon will someone post ....good, less wait time for me or don't worry, someone will easily take your place?) 3..... 2... 1

I'm confused. If you've been going to Disney for 30 years, then you stood for 20 years in line with no fastpass at all. My teenage memories include standing in hour long lines for all kinds of rides and feeling it was totally worth it.

So Disney is still offering you a much better experience than that.

We just made our FP+ plans for March. And I found some things really dumb. Mainly, Epcot. But we are going to Epcot twice (we do this anyway) and we'll do Soarin one day and tt the other. No reason for rope drop. I'm a rope drop girl anyway so it's not an issue for me, but our Epcot days are sleep in days and that was the dumbest park under the new system.

Why do you feel you HAVE to go at rope drop?

Why not just use the FP+ for the 3 rides you get it for, stand in a few 30 minute lines at park close and enjoy the shows and your dinner from 3-8:00?

DHS is better, even with tiering. Now you can get FP for TSM without getting up at the crack of dawn. Single rider RnR. And wait in line during the first Fantasmic for ToT & Star Tours. Spend the rest of the day enjoying all the great shows This actually does seem better to me for you.

If Disney wants 90% of people to use FP+ and have a better experience instead of just 10% of super users, I love my experience enough to adapt. But if you are done, that's ok. But it certainly will still be superior to 1999. I loved being in the know and being a super user, don't get me wrong. But it won't ruin the experience for me to ride a few less rides. Actually, it might enhance it because I will truly slow down and smell the roses. And going during the Flower and Garden show this year there will be plenty to smell.

Sometimes I think all the whiners on here started going to Disney the two years after 9/11 when the world was scared to travel. And they expect Disney to be empty like it was then. But that isn't fair. The Disney of my childhood was hot, crowded, and expensive with really long lines. And I loved it.

I know that isn't you. But look back and be honest. 15 years ago, how long were you willing to stand in line?

We rode all the rides we wanted to ride with the FP+ system and trust me we are not early risers either. When I am on vacation... I am on vacation.

I sleep in, have a nice shower, cup of coffee and a nice breakfast then I go into the park.

My diva had the time of her life. Yes it does take some extra planning but to see the look on her face it was all worth it.

princess:

We rode all the rides we wanted to ride with the FP+ system and trust me we are not early risers either. When I am on vacation... I am on vacation.

I sleep in, have a nice shower, cup of coffee and a nice breakfast then I go into the park.

My diva had the time of her life. Yes it does take some extra planning but to see the look on her face it was all worth it.

princess:

images

Don't you believe it.... :)

I'm not devastated because we have always loved US/IOA/SW/BG as much or more than Disney, plus we always spend a couple days at the beach. Kids are getting older, its no big deal if we skip D most trips. We will still visit Orlando.

Besides, we have been putting off a couple trips to Europe that I really want to do, so the timing is good for us.

Well, I finally did last August, and I have to admit as a 30+ year WDW vet, DLR is significantly better (IMHO,of course). The "Magic" is noticeably more vibrant and captivating, and that was before I experienced the unveiling of this new MM+ debacle. I enjoy planning my Disney vacations and can appreciate reserving FP's in advance, but not at the expense of sacrificing additional FP's beyond the 3 that they're granting us. It is not unusual for myself and others like me to gather double that amount. For this reason, coupled with the ridiculous "Tiered" system, I have been turned me off quite a bit to WDW, especially when I consider the $$$ spent on an investment that appears to return very little to the guest experience. Very disappointing to see the unfortunate regression from "Magic Your Way" to "Magic Our Way (like it or not)" by WDW execs. As a result, I will be trading my 10 days or so visits a year to WDW for semi-yearly DLR ( or Tokyo Disney/DL Paris) unless something drastic changes.
Wow! Hmm! I live in CALI and we do not have that new system at DL/DCA.

Is it really all that bad?

HEY to all those that hate the new system at WDW why don't you come here!!!!

You will get all the MAGIC and then some from the Park that Walt walked in!!!!

We have CARS LAND!!!!

Well, I finally did last August, and I have to admit as a 30+ year WDW vet, DLR is significantly better (IMHO,of course). The "Magic" is noticeably more vibrant and captivating, and that was before I experienced the unveiling of this new MM+ debacle. I enjoy planning my Disney vacations and can appreciate reserving FP's in advance, but not at the expense of sacrificing additional FP's beyond the 3 that they're granting us. It is not unusual for myself and others like me to gather double that amount. For this reason, coupled with the ridiculous "Tiered" system, I have been turned me off quite a bit to WDW, especially when I consider the $$$ spent on an investment that appears to return very little to the guest experience. Very disappointing to see the unfortunate regression from "Magic Your Way" to "Magic Our Way (like it or not)" by WDW execs. As a result, I will be trading my 10 days or so visits a year to WDW for semi-yearly DLR ( or Tokyo Disney/DL Paris) unless something drastic changes.

Oh your post is so awesome!!!! pixiedust:

I am so glad you and your family loved DL/DCA!!!!!

We have used the system while it was in testing. Both with tiers and without tiers. With tiers, we absolutely hated it. We could learn to live with 3 FP's per day, mostly because we go for extended period of time (3 weeks minimum in the parks. Last trip was 6 weeks) However, with the tiers, and being forced to make 3 FP's, we would make two FP's that we knew from the start we would never use. (Soarin', Nemo and Mission Space - only Soarin' was used) We have already decided to give WDW one more chance, otherwise we will go to Disneyland instead. it's much closer to us and no FP+ :)

I'm sorry you did not like it, we loved it.

We did too!:cool1:

As I've said before, I think it is pretty sad that people decide to miss out on a vacation they enjoy because of something new they haven't even tried yet. And I have to add, I also don't get the point of threads like this. Are they just looking for people to agree with them? Does it make deciding to skip a WDW vacation easier if you state the reasons why?

That's sad that the fast pass+ system has put you off Disneyworld. In regard to the system itself, do you guys think it's just because it's new and taking a while to work or do you think it's doomed?
Is it possible to ride the attractions without fast pass ie the normal line?

Stand by lines as I predicted are growing and slowing to highest average levels ever. Disney only wants you in their parks to spend money on food and souvenirs

Isn't this a direct contradiction of your logic? How exactly does someone spend money on food and souvenirs if they're stuck standing in a line?

That's sad that the fast pass+ system has put you off Disneyworld. In regard to the system itself, do you guys think it's just because it's new and taking a while to work or do you think it's doomed?
Is it possible to ride the attractions without fast pass ie the normal line?

My friends and I went the week before the American Thanksgiving, and we were able to ride Soarin' with FP+ and TT using SB. The SB line was only 15-20 mins, and this was in the middle of the day.

We were not RD people, we slept in and got to the park mid to late morning. We chose our FP+ selections while waiting for the bus on the day we were visiting a park. This worked out great for us. We didn't do any pre-selections. Pretty much the only thing we planned was a ADR's.

We managed to ride the rides what we wanted at least once, some rides two to three times.

My friends and I went the week before the American Thanksgiving, and we were able to ride Soarin' with FP+ and TT using SB. The SB line was only 15-20 mins, and this was in the middle of the day.

I think it's different now though. You went to DW when paper FP's were still available at all the parks. Reports now seem to indicate that SB lines are noticeably longer now that there is no longer paper FP.

I'm glad to see all you people will not be going to Disney as much as before. More room for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter