I'm going to be arrested at Macy's .....

HeyIt'sMe

Nothin' to see here folks
Today I went to the mall with my DD (10) and DMIL. We all had bra fittings at Macy's. I was the only one that ended up buying a bra. My DD tried one on and liked it but wanted to look around at other stores and see what else she might find (now that she knew her size).

Anyway, we get home and I am unpacking our purchases. I notice the security device is still on the bra I bought. It never set off the alarm. I proceed to look for my receipt and it's not in the bag. Oh great. Then I remembered that the salesperson initially handed me my receipt but then took it back because she wanted to write the name and style of the bra my DD liked in case we ended up coming back. She obviously didn't give the receipt back to me and I was dumb not to have paid more attention.

I called Macy's immediately and spoke to the manager in the women's intimate apparel department - turns out it was the woman that rang up my purchase. I told her what happened and she apologized profusely. She gave me her name & telephone number and also said she'd leave a note in case she wasn't in when I stopped by (which probably won't be until next weekend). She said I'd also get a 15% discount for the trouble.

But, I am afraid when I walk into Macy's with a bra with the security device - which will probably be triggered this time - and no receipt I'm gonna get arrested. Nah, not really. But I sure am nervous! I can just picture that scene in Trading Places where Eddie Murphy is lying on the ground surrounded by policemen with their guns drawn - - "Is there a problem officers"?. :lmao:

Bra thief!!!!!!

Seriously though, they don't often see someone walking INTO the store with a security tag on an item. I hope all goes well for you.

I got a new purse and wallet for Christmas.

After having every store security sensor beeping at me like crazy, both coming in and going out, I told DH I was NOT going to use them again until we figured out why.

Nothing like having everyone look at you like you're a criminal every time you walk into or out of a store. :scared:

We searched through every pocket and pouch... nothing, and since the sensor didn't go off on DH when he left the store after buying them he thought I was nuts.

I finally took them back to the Coach store the other day and they found a tiny little electronic something-or-other that DH and I had both missed when we searched. I didn't have a receipt either, but they were able to look up the purchase.

At least you found yours right away.

Have fun when you take the bra back. :rolleyes1
I promise having the sensor go off when you're walking IN is better than when you're walking OUT.
Although if I were dishonest I could have made a haul since everyone expected me to set the stupid thing off leaving the store since I set it off coming in.
:rotfl2:

This happens all the time at my Macy's. Just take your bra back to the department and they will remove the sensor tag. Macy's uses 2 bar codes when selling merchandise, one is the UPC that contains the style/price the other one links the merchandise to the purchase receipt. So in the case of no receipt, by scanning both barcodes it will give us all the original receipt info. You shouldn't have a problem, but if you do, just ask for the floor manager.

This also has happened to me, as long as it is not an ink sensor I am sure your hubby can cut it off for you if you do not want to go back. My husband has cut them off for me before, when I needed the article of clothing first thing the next day and could not go back.

This just happened to me at Old Navy - apparently they now put the sensor devices into the fabric in a seam in pants.....well in I walk, wearing Old Navy pants that I've owned, washed & worn for months & the alarms go off. I had nothing but my purse which I gladly showed them. I went back through the door & it happened again. I was totally frustrated until another employee came up & asked if I was wear ON pants. I said I was, and she said that I forgot to remove my security tag. When I got home I saw that you actually have to cut the piece of fabric out of the pants that has the device in it!

This just happened to me at Old Navy - apparently they now put the sensor devices into the fabric in a seam in pants.....well in I walk, wearing Old Navy pants that I've owned, washed & worn for months & the alarms go off. I had nothing but my purse which I gladly showed them. I went back through the door & it happened again. I was totally frustrated until another employee came up & asked if I was wear ON pants. I said I was, and she said that I forgot to remove my security tag. When I got home I saw that you actually have to cut the piece of fabric out of the pants that has the device in it!

Kohls has the same fabric security tags in many of their coats, esp in the more expensive ones. Luckily, a head cashier waiting to do a cash pick up from the register where I was checking out showed me this tag and told me which piece to cut. Of course, the alarm still went off as I left. But that would've driven me nuts :headache: if she hadn't told me and I was constantly setting off alarms going in and out of stores. I do know some cell phones will set of the alarms too. Don't know why though. :confused3

So you just had to steal yourself some honkers didn't ya?!!!!:lmao:
I can see the news headline now....

Woman with hot honkers! Did they fall off a truck or did she just stuff them in her shirt and run?!!!!- news at 11!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Eh- at least I make myself laugh.:rolleyes:

Before Christmas, I bought 3 things at Sears/Landsend and didn't notice til I was ready to wrap them. I had the receipt, but was still nervous. When I brought them back, the alarm didn't go off. Good Luck!

Around Christmas at Big R a gentleman set off the alarm on his way into the store and they figured out his glasses had set it off. :confused3 They weren't even new.

No worries. This has happened to me before and I've had to return the item to the department store to have the security tag removed. Ironically, the alarm didn't go off when I left the store due to the cashier's lack of checking to remove all security tags, it never went off when I returned the item to have the security tag removed. You'll be fine.

DH received a shirt and sweater set from his sis at Christmas which came from Goody's. He pulled them out to wear a couple of days later and the shirt had the big plastic security thing on it! We live 5 hours away from sis so didn't have immediate access to the receipt, but decided to try to take it to our local Goody's anyway to see if they'd remove it. We walked in and it didn't set the alarm off. I was actually kinda hoping that it had because no one saw us come in and I figured if an employee had seen us coming in, then they'd know we didn't just pick it up while in there and give them the story. I stood at the entrance just past the security things for a little bit waiting for an employee to show up at the registers that are right next to that door, but nope, not going to happen. Walked back to the customer service counter and waited for quite a while (3-5 min) before someone showed up. Looked like a teenager or early college student, took it right out and I think she could've cared less! Sure would've been easy to steal something doing that...

This also has happened to me, as long as it is not an ink sensor I am sure your hubby can cut it off for you if you do not want to go back. My husband has cut them off for me before, when I needed the article of clothing first thing the next day and could not go back.

Yep, just get a spoon, and push the edges up all the way around until it pops.. Haha, that sounds bad I know how to do that.. :laughing:

It happens to be quite a bit, and I'm too lazy to go back to the store, so I popped it off myself one time..

There should be a CRL sticker on the bra price tag. Macy's uses them as another form of receipt for returns. If a sales associate stops you, I'm sure they won't give you a problem.

I have a dress that I bought years ago that still has the security sensor on it. I hung it up after buying it and 6 months later I decided to wear it. Problem is, the sensor was still on it and I have no idea where the receipt is. I should just take it off the criminal way ( the only way I know how they take them off is because I worked Macy's Security for 2 years, I saw it several times). If you choose to take it off yourself, becareful that it's not an ink one. Not too many Macy's still use them, but they still are in use. Most are the new grey/white type that can even be popped w/ a penny (but you didn't hear it from me).

Kohls has the same fabric security tags in many of their coats, esp in the more expensive ones. Luckily, a head cashier waiting to do a cash pick up from the register where I was checking out showed me this tag and told me which piece to cut. Of course, the alarm still went off as I left. But that would've driven me nuts :headache: if she hadn't told me and I was constantly setting off alarms going in and out of stores. I do know some cell phones will set of the alarms too. Don't know why though. :confused3

You are totally right .Because we've got a really nice coat. And then we walk into the store when someone was wearing it , and what do you know the beeper goes off!:rotfl: Then this employee comes up to us and says your suppose to ring when you get out of the store not walking in !:rotfl:

This happened to me....but I had no idea the sensor was in the pair of panyts and I was setting off sensors in other stores ....? YIKES!

I thought of removing the sensor but I was afraid it might spray ink all over. I don't really want a tie-dyed over the shoulder boulder holder. :lmao:

Well, I plan on going back to Macy's this weekend to have the sensor removed. Hopefully, you won't see a new report about the infamous Bra Bandit on TV!

Me too! I never knew you had to remove it.

I finally took them back to the Coach store the other day and they found a tiny little electronic something-or-other that DH and I had both missed when we searched. I didn't have a receipt either, but they were able to look up the purchase.

haha, they never do a good job there! DH got me a diaper bag from there for Christmas and it's from teh store about 2hrs away from where we live..
well at the local mall here, i set it off EVERYWHERE! EVERYWHERE! EVERYWHERE! I finally stopped using it and couldn't wait for a time when we were going over there. Such a pain :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter